Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerial Challenge Event: Rewards

Aerial Challenge Event: Rewards

This is abnormal, first place only gets T-cash.

The 2nd and 3rd will receive a special train time reduce, 4-11th get a booster.
    However, the first place doesn't get anything!???

I think the first place should receive something extra.
    Thank.

The unique Avi pic is the extra. And I guess they see the double amount of tcash (30 vs 15 for 2nd and 3rd) as more valuable than the train coupon.

It was the same principle with the restaurant event, no? (fishing, too? don't remember atm, and too lazy to look it up)

Not Really, the first place always gets something better. last time, was an upgrade to anything compare to 2nd & 3rd was island upgrade (if I can remember).

Yes, it seems the reward value has decreased for coming in 1st.

Perhaps they're justifying it by giving rewards to up to 30 places instead of 15? Laaaaame.

Restaurant Event
    June 2 ~ June 12, 2017
    1st Renowned Restauranteur 30 Tcash, 3 Ruby, +Profile Pic 87
    2nd-3rd Culinarian-of-all-Trades 20 Tcash, 2 Emerald, +Profile Pic 87
    4th-6th Honorary Cook 5 Cash, 1 Gold Ingot, 1 Paint
    7th-10th Kitchen Manager 3900 coins, 2 Nails
    11th-15th Foodie 1800 coins

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Restaurant_Day_Event

Coral Reef Fishing Event
    July 7 ~ July 17, 2017
    1st Fish Lord 30 Tcash +1 Factory Coupon +Profile Pic 89
    2nd-3rd Rod and Reel Tamers 20 Tcash +1 Island Coupon+Profile Pic 89
    4th-7th Spinner Masters 5 Tcash +4 Load Coupons
    8th-12th Lucky Fishermen +2 Paint 5100 coins
    13th-15th Great Lure 4700 coins

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Coral_Reef_Fishing_Event

Other Event Info:
    http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Market

THIS EVENT: Aerial Challenge
    August 18- August 28, 2017
    1st Aerial Acrobats 30 Tcash, Profile Pic
    2nd-3rd Legendary Aces 15 Tcash, train booster, profile pic
    4th-7th Stunt Pilots 5 Tcash, ? booster
    8th-12th Hot Shots 3 crate load coupons, 3000 coins
    13th-19th Pilot Assistants 2750 coins
    20th-30th Licensed Aviators 500 coins
    Last edited by Firenze; 08-18-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Usually the first place gets 30 T-cash, a profile picture and a unique booster but this time the only thing the first place gets is 15 more T-cash than 2nd and 3rd place. We can buy T-cash whenever we want but we won't get a booster. First place should get something more. ( even tho I'm not even near first place)

Oh my - what spoiled players we have become! You would have really hated many of the earlier Events in years past. Top prize was usually 10 TCash, period. The personal rewards for this event gives us animated decor items, TCash, coupons, boosters, a gem - I think they have been reasonably generous, actually.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Oh my - what spoiled players we have become! You would have really hated many of the earlier Events in years past. Top prize was usually 10 TCash, period. The personal rewards for this event gives us animated decor items, TCash, coupons, boosters, a gem - I think they have been reasonably generous, actually.
    I can't disagree with you there -- we love our spoils! However, I think the irate reaction comes from them having amped up rewards in previous events then knocking them down for this one. It doesn't make sense to move backward in engaging players, especially since these events DO take a lot of resources, all while many are racing in regatta and attending the rest, of course.

Firenze: I don't view it as a "taking away," but rather spreading it around differently. It seems to me that more of the players are winning boosters and coupons in their personal categories, rather than one big "kahuna" prize for one player in each grouping. Also, it probably deters the urge to "buy" your way to the top prize.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Nana, your point is well taken. I definitely noticed there was a wider distribution of rewards and I do see how it *could* be a deterrent for buying through events (something i couldn't/wouldn't do anyway, too stingy!)... but here's why I still see it differently:

1st Aerial Acrobats 30 Tcash, Profile Pic
    2nd-3rd Legendary Aces 15 Tcash, train booster, profile pic

Based on the way rewards are applied, I'd rather have the second prize. Making my trains return with T-cash could cost around $15-21. That's the difference between the 1st and 2nd place prizes: 15 t cash. The thing is, the booster probably works to bring faster trains for 2 full days (guessing as I haven't had that one, but most boosters seem to be 2d), which means it's *technically* more valuable than the Tcash! The reward system doesn't quite work when the prize differences are marginal like this, that's my real frustration (which I didn't articulate well or at all before) not so much about "they aren't giving me enough."

I was THRILLED to win the coral reef event and get those prizes... this one, well... *shrug* Im never going to be SAD about winning tcash (of course I'd love it!), but the feeling of accomplishment and reward doesn't quite meet, especially since this event demands MORE work and MORE skill than the fishing, imo.

But to each their own, as always. I appreciate your grateful and grounding perspective very much.
    Last edited by Firenze; 08-18-2017 at 11:38 PM.

I can only speak for myself, of course. I definitely prefer the "spread the wealth" of this event's prizes as opposed to recent events - where the real, prime prize was held aloft for one lucky winner, who was willing to devote the entire duration of the event safeguarding that top position.

I will get plenty of desirable goodies, regardless of where I fall on the final 1-2-3 tallies. Plus, I haven't proven to be an "Ace" pilot and haven't topped my early morning 1,095 ft score (I have already fallen to 4th place, despite the nifty Blue Plane upgrade). For me it will be win-win and enjoyably so. A fun Event, to be sure.

Also, I find that aggravation and agitation takes away from my pleasure of the game (even the gawd awful Zoo has seen an all around improvement with this update).

So, for all those "irate" players out there I DON'T feel your pain, because I have seen it so much worse in almost 4 years of playing. For me it is just wonderful overall.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air