Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Aerial Challenge Event: Flying Tips & Tricks

Everyone on here keeps saying the "leaders" with the 8000 foot flights have spent tcash to get those numbers. I cant find ANY WAY for them to do that in the game. WHERE do you see this opportunity? My plane is fully upgraded (the hard way - by playing) and I can't get more than 1800 feet even if I collect every battery pack in the sky. I think the "cheater monitors" should take a really close look at how those big scores were achieved, or tell us how to get them.

I have been playing this game since the event started, up until yesterday my longest flight was 1800ft , this was with my plane fully upgraded. Last night I took a flight and by some luck or fluke I hit loads of batterys, and got to 5200ft. I stuck to the middle with little taps on the screen, I haven't spent any tash on this game at all, just lots of practice and and a bit of luck.

I'm not playing this game but it gives me a giggle every time the Prof comes on to tell me I have plenty of fuel because I haven't 'flied' my plane yet. I know the devs are in Ireland but does that mean they don't speak the King's English?

I'm leading my group with a flight of 6140'. This is my first time with this competition and I never use tcash in competitions. Like anyone else my dataset is very limited so take the following with a grain of salt:

1. I manage to rack up more points on average if I launch and stay low, tapping frequently to maintain as even a flight path as I can, but I do chase the trajectory of the stars if I can hit them without expending too much energy. If I can get a battery I do, regardless of whether it makes me miss stars, etc.
    2. I upgraded everything somewhat evenly since the amount required increases with each level, but all else being equal I focused first on the fuselage, which seems to have been a good choice, as it helped me pick up more things faster which in turn helped me upgrade faster.
    3. While flying low gave more consistent results, I was beginning to suspect by the end that the key to super long flights is in going high. That's how I got my 6140' flight. I launched high and followed some star patterns higher. That led me to the big clusters of batteries that kept recharging me almost completely. I hit several such clusters on my long flight, along with enough batteries interspersed along the way to keep up until I hit the next cluster.

I suspect that with millions of people playing, some people are just having a great streak of running into the big battery clusters over and over to go the long distances. Of course skill in not wasting fuel with steep climbs, and a full set of upgrades will also greatly help you bridge the distances between those rich battery fields.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    I'm not playing this game but it gives me a giggle every time the Prof comes on to tell me I have plenty of fuel because I haven't 'flied' my plane yet. I know the devs are in Ireland but does that mean they don't speak the King's English?
    Probably not, cos Playrix is - despite their advertisement of being all over the world - originally a Russian company. I remember a post by Graylady explaining why they (and lots of others) have a branch (? Niederlassung) in Ireland, but don't remember the exact reason, maybe sthg financial.
    You could report the mistake ingame

As a foreigner myself, I'd like to ask: what is funny about "flied"? is it not simply wrong? I found a use for the word "in American English descriptions of the action in baseball"... is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Probably not, cos Playrix is - despite their advertisement of being all over the world - originally a Russian company. I remember a post by Graylady explaining why they (and lots of others) have a branch (? Niederlassung) in Ireland, but don't remember the exact reason, maybe sthg financial.

As a foreigner myself, I'd like to ask: what is funny about "flied"? is it not simply wrong? I found a use for the word "in American English descriptions of the action in baseball"... is that what you meant?

I think it just sounds funny/strange because it's grammatically incorrect - should be flown.

And as far as I know a lot of foreign companies register their businesses in the Republic of Ireland for tax reasons. Not sure about business/tax laws in Russia but I'm guessing Playrix have a small office there because in some way it's financially advantageous. (I've read that some companies just register their business there and don't actually have an office, just use the address of a lawyer, but I saw a post on social media from someone who had been to Playrix's office when they were on holiday, weren't made to feel very welcome, but were given a t-shirt )

Hi DD. In American baseball the batter is "out" if a defensive player catches a batted ball in the air before it hits the ground. The trajectory of the ball doesn't matter but for descriptive reasons an almost horizontally hit ball is called a "line drive" and a more vertical trajectory is called a "fly ball". So a batter who hits a fly ball that is caught by the right fielder is said to have "flied out to right".

Cool, thanks for the explanation, DD, and to JJ and cd for their explanations to you while I was sleeping. I wont report it, dont have many things to giggle at in these times, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ...And as far as I know a lot of foreign companies register their businesses in the Republic of Ireland for tax reasons.
    ah right, that was it, more precisely than "financial" - thanks, JJ, also for the "flown" (words like fly and lie / lying are still always difficult, even in present tense <g> (not to mention continuous forms!)).

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ...weren't made to feel very welcome, but were given a t-shirt )
    LOL, 'got the t-shirt'?!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Hi DD. In American baseball the batter is "out" if a defensive player catches a batted ball in the air before it hits the ground. ...So a batter who hits a fly ball that is caught by the right fielder is said to have "flied out to right".
    wow, I see - Thanks, Charlie, well explained! I didn't dare to ask cos I have no idea about baseball, but that was (again) a very good explanation