Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt or Muddy Tiles: New element? Level 807

Dirt or Muddy Tiles: New element? Level 807

Haven't beat it yet - but I also haven't seen this before, and don't see it in a forum search, so here it is!

dirt.jpg

What I've discovered so far:

• If any piece in a match is muddy, they all disappear and do not count
    • Using an explosive on the piece will remove the mud, but not the piece (like ice)
    • However, the match will still destroy dirt adjacent to it
    • Using a rainbow blast will remove the mud from pieces of that color, but will not collect them (like ice)

I actually clicked out of Austin's tutorial too quickly, so I'm not sure if I've missed anything. Let me know what y'all find out.

Jimeny cricket! I'm going to save this link for when I "catch up" to this point. How crappy that they don't acknowledge the match!

To be 100% clear, I think that's part of the challenge, not a bug. They all turn muddy before they disappear. But it works as a match for all other purposes - powerups will generate, dirt will go away, and I assume fireflies and flowers would be released. All that happens is the apples just don't get added to the count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynuh View Post
    Jimeny cricket! I'm going to save this link for when I "catch up" to this point. How crappy that they don't acknowledge the match!

Ok, fair enough, on the first round they count the matched apples that aren't dirty & it knocks off the dirt then on the second round of matches you can eliminate all apples from the match?

No, if you make a match with an apple that is muddy, all of them become muddy and disappear. You first have to get the dirt off it. What I meant was like if you match five of them, you will still get a bomb.

I do not know what it is about the levels, because I got muddy tiles on 776, not on 807! I managed to get through that level finding enough flowers that were not muddy, but then I got level 777. It has waterdrops that are muddy and into ice, so very very hard to clean and get them. I need 50 of them, and got 20 moves!! I also have to find 7 gnomes. Okay, there are 4 buttons with 3 extra moves, but they are in ice too! Impossible to solve this level. So yeah, gardenscapes, you got me! I have to find another game to play, and leave dear Austin behind, Very pity, but this game is impossible now. I hate to go, even spend money on this game, but it is no more fun now, only frustration. I will move on. I tried Homescapes, but i do not like the way the match-3 games are made. So this is the end. Sorry my friends, may be we will meet in another game!

I remember thinking to myself, 'oh I don't like this muddy tile business one bit' but I've played many muddy tile levels now and they rarely cause me any fuss. I think the real trick with the muddy tiles is to avoid making matches with them. As usual, focus on generating power-ups and detonating multiple power-ups at once to quickly charge your rainbow blast gauge. Once you've detonated enough power-ups to create a rainbow blast I often found that many of the muddy tiles were now clear of mud, you then use your rainbow blast on the cleaned item in question. All the already clean items are collected and any new or remaining items that avoided cleaning earlier are now cleared for pick-up!

Thank you Obtuse for your answer. Playing the way you said did it for me too! It worked, so I can go on! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanja View Post
    Thank you Obtuse for your answer. Playing the way you said did it for me too! It worked, so I can go on! Thank you!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I actually helped someone. I knew the day would come!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I actually helped someone. I knew the day would come!
    LOL, silly - what's your mood today? you are rarely wrong in your observations (if at all, at least in this forum, lol, can't know other places), but now you are. I hope YOU also come back to read replies to your posts, so you have seen the many posts with "thanks Obtuse" and "thank you Obtuse" in them! (if not, yes, you can use that in search ;p )

but OK, where is the party?!