Thread: Co-op Join Requests

Question Co-op Join Requests

We've had several people join our Co-op only to severely lag (or not participate at all) in regattas, make lots of requests without helping, and other annoying freeloader behavior. In order to combat this BEFORE it's a problem, we've asked that only Leaders accept requests so that we can evaluate their criteria -- and now we have new members fill out an app on our website before requesting. It's been MARVELOUS and we've brought in some great interest and players, but there's one big catch:

Is there anywhere to view pending Co-op requests besides Chat?

In my searching of Help, Forums, etc, I've seen nothing except that when someone requests, it shows up only in Chat.
    Here's why that's a problem:
    1) If you're a chatty group, requests can be pushed down pretty quickly, which means
    2) If someone isn't online to review and immediately approve/decline but the other members keep chatting (as they should!), the request not only gets lost, but the requester can't request again as it just tells them "you've already requested to join this Co-op."

It seems like once we get around the freeloaders, now we can't get the good ones in... ugh, help!!

PS: I suppose this can be moved to Wish List if needed... hoping someone knows something I don't to fix it as is, though!
    Last edited by Firenze; 08-14-2017 at 10:55 PM.

No, just chat.
    If this is a player you have already interviewed, you can friend them and send an invite. Then they do not need to be accepted, they just join. If this is just a player requesting to join, you need co-leaders that have been instructed as to your criteria to accept or deny them. One person can not effectively do it all.
    If you want to make a wish, it belongs on the Wish List thread.

Yes, thank you. I do know about the Wish List thread, as I mentioned it myself, but wanted to be sure I wasn't requesting something that already had a viable workaround. We do have Leaders plural, as also mentioned, though I'm not keen to promote anyone new at the moment. The management side is running quite smoothly, aside from this singular hiccup.

I suppose I will add the friend code information to our app so that we can try to invite them directly as our cumbersome and unsatisfactory workaround. Thanks for the input.