Thread: Remove Bow from Zoo Elephant

Remove Bow from Zoo Elephant

Elephant_Family.jpg

The bow on the head of any animal is pretty ridiculous, but even more so when it is one as majestic as an elephant... and in a zoo...

I request it be removed.

We can distinguish Mom from Dad according to that bow, because the main difference is not visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie007 View Post
    We can distinguish Mom from Dad according to that bow, because the main difference is not visible.
    LOL. Yes, I vote to keep the bow for the reason Marie gave.

Also, the elephants as rendered by the Playrix artists are more amusing than majestic.

The zoo elephants are Definitely not majestic, and I would venture to say more embarrassing than amusing. In fact, I would say the elephants are not amusing at all. Because they look like a cartoon drawing from the 1950s or 60s and not at all naturalistic, they are in sharp contrast to the other 'cute' but more or less physically accurate zoo animals, making them that much more of an eyesore.
    Not having to rebuild the elephant enclosure after my zoo crashed and vaporized was a relief and an improvement, so I would not stop at removing the bow, but suggest Playrix remove that bone or whatever is making their trunks look like noses and completely redesign the elephants to make them look like elephants and thereby blend in with the other animals at the zoo.

Township: Pixelsticks aka Garvie Wants New Tasks
    Coop: Givers Only Coop
    Zoo level 39 and NO elephants anymore

Hi Garvamatic. Yes, the design of the elephants caused quite a stir when they were introduced at the Zoo beginning. I am surprised (not entirely) that Playrix didn't make some effort to match the semi-realism of the many other animals. Maybe one day - huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    The zoo elephants are Definitely not majestic, and I would venture to say more embarrassing than amusing. In fact, I would say the elephants are not amusing at all. Because they look like a cartoon drawing from the 1950s or 60s and not at all naturalistic, they are in sharp contrast to the other 'cute' but more or less physically accurate zoo animals, making them that much more of an eyesore.
    Not having to rebuild the elephant enclosure after my zoo crashed and vaporized was a relief and an improvement, so I would not stop at removing the bow, but suggest Playrix remove that bone or whatever is making their trunks look like noses and completely redesign the elephants to make them look like elephants and thereby blend in with the other animals at the zoo.

Township: Pixelsticks aka Garvie Wants New Tasks
    Coop: Givers Only Coop
    Zoo level 39 and NO elephants anymore

Little rhino and his sister look much worse (like cheap stuffed toys with big heads and stitched legs). They are not cute, they are very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Elephant_Family.jpg

The bow on the head of any animal is pretty ridiculous, but even more so when it is one as majestic as an elephant... and in a zoo...

I request it be removed.
    LOL, I agree. Elephants don't care about human gender socialization/conventions.

Females are always the second animals added to enclosures - that's enough to know, I think?

Plus as everyone noted, their whole look would benefit from some editing.
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-13-2017 at 08:32 PM.

If there must be things on their heads, they should be crowns like Mr. and Mrs Babar

Adding to the chorus, I think a redesign is sensible. If you just google "cute baby elephant drawing" there are lots of examples of more realistic (but still stylized and adorable) options.

Sorry not sorry, Nana and Marie... I stand by my original assertion. I truly do not *care* if they or any other look male or female except in ways that animals naturally exhibit secondary and tertiary sexual characteristics. Keeping the bow for that reason is silly, game or not. It's not a pet dog, it's an elephant.

I do agree that overall editing to these animals and perhaps more is preferable.