Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redesign Or Re-position Co-op Building & Yacht Club

Redesign Or Re-position Co-op Building & Yacht Club

I've never been a big fan of the Co-op Building's look. But especially so now with the addition of the Yacht Club (YC), the entire dock would really benefit from some redesign. Or at the very least, re-positioning.

Dock as it is now vs. Dock proposal:

IMG_0368.jpg terribledit.jpg

Apologies for the bad edit. Had to use PSP8
    instead of Photoshop because my laptop is being weird.

I moved the buildings to opposite sides and flipped the Co-op Building to face the smaller regatta dock. Takes up less space and doesn't block the view of what players have designed immediately behind.

I messed up the road bit so don't pay attention to that (lmao). You could actually take that sliver of road out entirely. I know some players were frustrated about the co-op road not matching the road they chose for that part of their town.

If a complete re-design is also possible, I'd love for the Co-op Building to match better with the Yacht Club. Perhaps a bit less modern? Or similar coloring?

IDK...what do you guys think?
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

What is the purpose of that plastic looking building introduced several updates ago? It does absolutely nothing. It needs to be eliminated since it has no purpose whatever.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

That's true. I guess they wanted something to symbolize the co-op chat room/group meeting place?
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-13-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Agreed on your whole proposal, Vee: remove building, remove road piece, update Co-op building. Adding the yacht club where it is feels like slapping on an edition without thought to aesthetic. Yours is much better, but I still think the whole area needs more thought in re-design. Frankly, I wish the yacht club was the Co-op building and we didn't have to have three mandatory items there (both buildings plus the "plastic" one, as Nana puts it)... but since I've not a clue the purpose for the yacht club yet, I suppose I can't critique.

Township seems to have a bit of an identity crisis of design... some is cartoony (cake, cars, new king statue, etc), some is modern (co-op buildings, high rise buildings), and some is rural (farm motif). Certainly, some variety is appreciated, but often there are outliers that don't seem to fit with the rest of the aesthetic, the Co-op building is the biggest offender of this, IMO.

Most of the Community Buildings design is lovely. I'd love to see more buildings and decorations in the spirit of the best originals: university, library, hospital, fire station, wedding hall. It's classic, clean, and cohesive.

I know I'm being a bit nitpicky... but it's for the love of the game, I promise. There is so much thoughtful beauty that the exceptions stand out.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Frankly, I wish the yacht club was the Co-op building and we didn't have to have three mandatory items there (both buildings plus the "plastic" one, as Nana puts it)... but since I've not a clue the purpose for the yacht club yet, I suppose I can't critique.
    OMG...yes! I'd much rather navigate through multiple menus/tabs than have that cluttered corner deck mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    Township seems to have a bit of an identity crisis of design... some is cartoony (cake, cars, new king statue, etc), some is modern (co-op buildings, high rise buildings), and some is rural (farm motif). Certainly, some variety is appreciated, but often there are outliers that don't seem to fit with the rest of the aesthetic, the Co-op building is the biggest offender of this, IMO.
    Exactly.

When it comes to permanent buildings (and especially those we cannot move/blend in) -- there should be a better system of approval in place. They could set up a poll on the Facebook Township page and have players vote on their favorite co-op building design.....or allow you to upgrade/cosmetically alter these buildings (change colors, change style, etc.) in-game. I know that would add on to their already huge workload, but that feedback is key for Township to retain its most loyal players.
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-13-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    I moved the buildings to opposite sides and flipped the Co-op Building to face the smaller regatta dock. Takes up less space and doesn't block the view of what players have designed immediately behind. IDK...what do you guys think?
    Amoria, like the new look, great job. I will go take a pic of mine and add it back here . A thanks to Nevada, took me a while to figure out adding the flag (lol)

FullSizeRender 59.jpg

Oh, ah, just had a thought, maybe the Devs will let us purchase that land behind it one day

Redo Picture:

FullSizeRender 60.jpg
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 01-31-2018 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added pic / Added 2nd
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Ahh, omg! Thanks for the heads up, Sweetness. I'm surprised to see they implemented the proposed design.

I know Natasha has been slowly forwarding bits and pieces of the Frequently Suggested Ideas list to developers.

Need to update the list this weekend!
    Last edited by Amoria; 01-31-2018 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Ahh, omg! Thanks for the heads up, Sweetness. I'm surprised to see they implemented the proposed design.

I know Natasha has been slowly forwarding bits and pieces of the Frequently Suggested Ideas list to developers.

Need to update the list this weekend!
    Hey my dear, but if it wasn't for Nevada linking the post in the Update talks, I would have never known. So kudos to you for a great idea, and kudos to Nevada for pointing us in the right direction
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Well it's definitely better, but I still don't like it. lol. I'd much prefer they move the yacht club to the left of the co-op building and let me reclaim that area.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Well it's definitely better, but I still don't like it. lol. I'd much prefer they move the yacht club to the left of the co-op building and let me reclaim that area.
    LOL, I hear you. I've been thinking recently it might work better to consolidate the Co-op Building and Yacht Club into one.

But I appreciate them trying something new. I'm enjoying the other regatta updates (re-colored and re-arranged menus).