Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Be Able To Work On Multiple Regatta Tasks At A Time (Merged Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ramonaquilter View Post
    I would love the sticky note "Reserved" to place on a task while I am waiting for 20 bananas to arrive. If it was reserved,
    another coop member couldn't grab the banana task just as your 4th ship is pulling in with bananas.
    Yes, that would be nice. I send out messages, I'm the co-op leader, but only a handful ever respond! Thanks! Linda

Regatta

Wish you could do more than one task at a time in the regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Deb220 View Post
    Wish you could do more than one task at a time in the regatta
    Well unofficially you can. I try to work on at least 3 all at the same time. Working out time frames and orders in which to hit start on each successive task is the fun part of the strategy part of the regatta.
    Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there before someone comes along and says that the more than one task is a frequent request and I think may be on the never gonna happen list.

Township: Pixelsticks
    7 Tacos, 6 puffed rice on the shelves, 4 peach boats sent and feed animals in progress

Absolutely true, Garvamatic, just delivering a little 'but': You play solo in your Coop, IIRC, so you are the Master over all decisions and tasks, right? If so, it most probably is different with the "planning" in bigger Coops, even with good communication (alone due to timezones).

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there before someone comes along and says that the more than one task is a frequent request and I think may be on the never gonna happen list.
    ah, OK... then I won't confirm its frequency ;Þ <walks away>
    <comes back>
    btw, I think it is not on the already-rejected list, here. Yet. It might get on there, as Playrix seems to be rather strict about seeing regattas as work of strategy (as you said, yes), and cooperation and communication between Coop members. Rewarding the fast-paced players with doing "all" tasks alone would probably change the whole concept and is (still probably) not on their agenda.

BTW and as an aside, if it was my wish (as well as the extra barn for building material, just for example), I would question the "never gonna happen list" meanwhile, exactly for that reason: that some things are asked for so often.
    And they changed that list recently, and we are now hoping for a change re. the gems. Just maybe.
    They also claim in general they are listening to us, no?

Anyway, if they CAN change their Never-ever list (so far, we just assume that there are technical reasons), why not more - ?
    Why not for MY / OUR - reposted every 2nd day at least - wish of getting an extra barn?
    As I said, just an example, LOL - Now, get me a counter argument (from the Devs view) for that

Is there anyway to help out a team member by giving them products?

Quote Originally Posted by Charle Ann Martin View Post
    Is there anyway to help out a team member by giving them products?
    yes, several for helping out when they ask for help: by filling their trains, their planes or via the Request button in the Coop Chat window.
    If you mean giving w/o being asked (like the gift balloons): not that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Absolutely true, Garvamatic, just delivering a little 'but': You play solo in your Coop, IIRC, so you are the Master over all decisions and tasks, right? If so, it most probably is different with the "planning" in bigger Coops, even with good communication (alone due to timezones).

Totally true that multitasking is easier solo, and indeed the main reason I went solo. But as part of a team, albeit a small one, we did the multi thing by verbal agreement as well.
    It is also totally true that never gonna happen might change, and who knows. But I think the current set up of the regatta would preclude more than 1 task at a time unless they could also code in no overlaps or duplicates. Just as a simple example, if I choose more than 1 airplane task, since I usually have at least 3 show up per page of dumps, does each plane I send count as only 1 plane, or as 1 plane in each ongoing task, thereby making it count double? Feed animals also shows up multiple times, sometimes crop tasks use same crop etc.

Anyway as for the frequent requests and maybe somedays, I think the ability to reserve a task, but still complete only 1 at a time would be good compromise for larger co ops and still keep in spirit of regatta.

As for wearing down developers' resolve by whining until they relent, add my name to the petition for build materials shed, or at least ingots (please!) and more gems, many many many more gems or don't make animal buying and breeding use the same currency as boosters as a start (please!).

Lol

Really if I could change 1 thing about the regatta tasks, it would be waiting for dumped tasks to refresh. I just don't see the point. Do you think enough people spend t cash on refreshing them to risk boring the rest of us more frugal types to death? 30 minutes just kills me. It's not long enough to go do much else but definitely long enough to count as time that should have been better spent.

Pixelsticks home of mastery and milk collection hater of waiting

ah, OK... then I won't confirm its frequency ;Þ <walks away>
    <comes back>
    btw, I think it is not on the already-rejected list, here. Yet. It might get on there, as Playrix seems to be rather strict about seeing regattas as work of strategy (as you said, yes), and cooperation and communication between Coop members. Rewarding the fast-paced players with doing "all" tasks alone would probably change the whole concept and is (still probably) not on their agenda.

BTW and as an aside, if it was my wish (as well as the extra barn for building material, just for example), I would question the "never gonna happen list" meanwhile, exactly for that reason: that some things are asked for so often.
    And they changed that list recently, and we are now hoping for a change re. the gems. Just maybe.
    They also claim in general they are listening to us, no?

Anyway, if they CAN change their Never-ever list (so far, we just assume that there are technical reasons), why not more - ?
    Why not for MY / OUR - reposted every 2nd day at least - wish of getting an extra barn?
    As I said, just an example, LOL - Now, get me a counter argument (from the Devs view) for that

Thanks for your reply, Garvamatic!
    as a little hint, as I can't reply with quoting your post, when you write inside my quoted text: When "replying with quote", you must leave the tag [/QUOTE] at the end of the quoted text and start writing behind it. You can also copy and paste the two bracket expressions around in the text, to quote partially => [/QUOTE= <name and number>] is at the start of a quote, and [ / QUOTE] - without the blanks! - at the end.
    (I'm putting your complete quote at the end here, just to have it for replying and not to overlook something)

Totally true that multitasking is easier solo, and indeed the main reason I went solo. But as part of a team, albeit a small one, we did the multi thing by verbal agreement as well.
    We've found so many ways meanwhile for this (that I saw in the forum) - also for attempts to reserve tasks - that I'm starting to ponder whether the Devs maybe planned it that way, as they seem so keen on us communicating, instead of that they were forgetting some possibilities (esp. of the human nature).

But I think the current set up of the regatta would preclude more than 1 task at a time unless they could also code in no overlaps or duplicates.
    Good hint, and I still say, I hope it won't be changed -- at least not until the consequences for the Coop team are really thought to the end. Too many are bringing forward only the argument of their eagerness to help and how the other, slower members would enjoy this, and I think they may be very wrong with this thought.

I must admit I'm a bit confused by your examples: why would a task that is shown separately not count separately, just because of the same "content"?

Anyway as for the frequent requests and maybe somedays, I think the ability to reserve a task, but still complete only 1 at a time would be good compromise for larger co ops and still keep in spirit of regatta.
    Reserving a task would be good for all Coops, except the Solos, of course (at the risk of repeating myself: different timezones f.e. are also a problem for communication, and time in general for those who work all day) -- we just haven't seen a good, feasible way here yet, if I'm not mistaken.
    For larger Coops, maybe the idea of having more tasks than 12 at the same time on offer might be also interesting (if Playrix get their calculation for the buoys right, lol). But we don't even know, whether its impossibility (yet) is a No-No due to the concept or simply due to the small screens!

As for wearing down developers' resolve by whining until they relent, add my name to the petition for build materials shed, or at least ingots (please!) and more gems, many many many more gems or don't make animal buying and breeding use the same currency as boosters as a start (please!).
    LOL -- OK, sign the petition and start the next list! no wonder they don't react to our pleas.... ;Þ

Really if I could change 1 thing about the regatta tasks, it would be waiting for dumped tasks to refresh. I just don't see the point. Do you think enough people spend t cash on refreshing them to risk boring the rest of us more frugal types to death? 30 minutes just kills me. It's not long enough to go do much else but definitely long enough to count as time that should have been better spent.
    Very true, very good suggestion IMO also.
    I have no idea how many tcash is spent on refreshing tasks; would be interesting to know whether Playrix can analyze / evaluate this, and also, whether this really was their plan. I still tend to think in many things, they didn't even get round yet to think of "everything", and also, sometimes have plans for the future, but HAVE to deliver (something new).
    Sometimes it's really fascinating which new ideas are presented here in the forum.

===============
    It is also totally true that never gonna happen might change, and who knows. But I think the current set up of the regatta would preclude more than 1 task at a time unless they could also code in no overlaps or duplicates. Just as a simple example, if I choose more than 1 airplane task, since I usually have at least 3 show up per page of dumps, does each plane I send count as only 1 plane, or as 1 plane in each ongoing task, thereby making it count double? Feed animals also shows up multiple times, sometimes crop tasks use same crop etc.

Lol

Pixelsticks home of mastery and milk collection hater of waiting

Yeah I messed up on reply with quote, tried to fix it made it worse, then tried edit post, failed then surrendered, so this time I will just reply. I personally don't think having more than one task underway at a time is a good strategy either, although for people with limited time schedules, I think they see it as a way that they could contribute more to the group effort. As in, I'll just pop these 3 tasks in the oven at low heat and they'll be done when I get home from work or whatever. I tend to think overall that my unofficial multi way is still preferable since for one thing, it leaves me free to change my mind if a better combination presents itself or a plane or trains throws a wrench into my carefully stocked shelves.

The duplicates worry was how would Playrix be able to prevent me from starting 2 or perhaps even 3 identical tasks simultaneously, say feed 125 animals. Would those 3 tasks need to be programmed to be sequential, so I am actually going to need to feed 375 animals, or as the tasks are now, might it give someone the chance to have each feeding action count toward the completion of the chosen tasks, meaning that a mere 125 feedings would accomplish 3 tasks all in the amount of time it took for only 1 task. This would make finding duplicates a huge bonus, better than house of luck even.

One other thing I think they might consider as an easy way to quash multiple problems and fulfil multiple wishes all at once is to make the task list per player and not per co op. Then we don't have 18 people each week trying to figure out how to figure out who is dumping tasks, and we don't have 4 people asking for a way to reserve tasks, and the need to do multiple tasks is more a matter that a player can figure out for herself than a problem that Playrix should address.

This solution would lessen the need for communication in co ops, but that's not all downside, since it would make it easier for multilingual co ops to exist as successful teams.

For my part, I would happily join a larger co op if I could have control over my own task list, dumping with wild abandon while lining up my long range plans. And I would score 2160

So let's start that petition, the Give Players Their Own Task Lists Solution to All Our Problems Thread.

Signed Pixelsticks

Many thanks, Garvamatic, for really starting that petition for "Give Players Their Own Task Lists Solution to All Our Problems" - LOL @ the name!
    I was thinking, when reading your post here, how I could persuade you - at least to try it. We're usually good here in the forum in finding the "Con's"

I personally don't think having more than one task underway at a time is a good strategy either, although for people with limited time schedules, I think they see it as a way that they could contribute more to the group effort. As in, I'll just pop these 3 tasks in the oven at low heat and they'll be done when I get home from work or whatever.
    Your description made me ROFL, but I understand also this idea now a bit better, thanks!

The duplicates worry was how would Playrix be able to prevent me from starting 2 or perhaps even 3 identical tasks simultaneously, say feed 125 animals. Would those 3 tasks need to be programmed to be sequential, so I am actually going to need to feed 375 animals, or as the tasks are now, might it give someone the chance to have each feeding action count toward the completion of the chosen tasks, meaning that a mere 125 feedings would accomplish 3 tasks all in the amount of time it took for only 1 task. This would make finding duplicates a huge bonus, better than house of luck even.
    ah I see. That would be a no-go, of course, and would have to be considered. I am not in favo(u)r of multiple tasks anyway, and the only idea I have here offhanded, is not to offer identical tasks. But, exactly with the example of the feeding task, that would NOT be an improvement for any Coop, I'd say.
    (It's a good and easy task and often chosen)