Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Able To Work On Multiple Regatta Tasks At A Time (Merged Thread)

Be Able To Work On Multiple Regatta Tasks At A Time (Merged Thread)

I wish we could start like 3 or 4 tasks all at the same time so that it would be possible for us to finish all the tasks in a week. Example, Task 1 is to dig 54 ingots and we ran out of tools needed, while waiting for more mining tools we can start task 2 let's say feed 60 animals, and while waiting for more feeds to be produced, we can go back to Task 1 or start Task 3. It is more reasonable, I guess, in my opinion to have it that way so that we can finish all 15 or 17 tasks. Most of us work and can only play when we wake up, during lunch break and before going to sleep so having to wait for 1 task to be completed before we can proceed to the next one would only let us finish like 4 to 6 tasks in total which is not that helpful to the group though I really want to do or finish more.

I totally agree with you here, and i also find that the task quantity is way too much,because you dont ever have enough of what the task requires and its too long for you to receive them.

Hi there. There is a already a discussion on the Forum, that you may find interesting:

http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....Multiple+tasks

Multiple tasks for regattas

It would be nice if one member could select more than one task for the regatta to do at the same time. For example filling planes and then filling trains at the same time. Due to time restrictions you cannot always be online when a plane or train returns. This causes some members to take 4 days for one plane task.

Also it would be nice if you could just select that you would like a task for, for example 135 points then select from a list. Sometimes there is only tasks for less than 100 points available.

Kind Regards
    Irene

This really is a great idea I soooo what to be able to work on more then one task.

Yeah, this idea has been tossed about quite a bit. Seriously doubt they'll make this change. It'll probably end up on their "Don't Bother Asking, It Ain't Gonna Happen" list.

As for selecting 135 only tasks to show up....in our dreams!!! LOL That would make the regatta too easy. But dump the low scoring tasks when they come up. I dump everything under 135.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.” ― Norman Maclean

Hi,
    Just in case you didn't know; in the Golden League, there is a penalty for dumping tasks that effects your rankings.

This suggestion has been brought up by several members in my co-op (StarPower). Many of our members work and/or have families and other obligations and would love to contribute more to the regatta, but simply don't have as much time to devote to Township as they would like to. If we could select two or three tasks at the same time, we/they could and would be more competitive. We've made it all the way to the Golden League, simply to get demoted back down because we don't have the time to complete 15 tasks each, one at a time, nor do we have the resources to have enough Township cash to speed up the game timers enough to be competitive with the other co-ops. My co-op (StarPower) thinks that it would make the race more fair, sort of even the playing field, so to speak. It would be great if we could actually have a chance to win and get the Golden Trophy

I'm sorry, but I really hope this is one idea the developers never implement. If they make the regatta so easy that people who don't have time to do 15 tasks one after the other achieve the same results as people that can give more time to the game, what would be the point in racing at all? Where is the competitive edge? What would distinguish one team from another? You don't tie Usain Bolts feet together so that people that don't have time to train can have a better chance to win the 100 metres. That's not levelling the field, that's just repressing competitiveness.

You can still do one task whilst preparing for your next one. For instance, planting tomatoes for the growing task while you are completing your plane task.

Sorry, Carole. I seem to have upset you.

It must then just be me that is too stupid. I find it difficult to have enough goods and space in my barn to fill trains and planes at the same time. Doing both on a normal day usually causes a delay with the departure of either the trains or planes or both.