Thread: Default Setting That Automatically Opts All Players Out At End Of Regatta

Default Setting That Automatically Opts All Players Out At End Of Regatta

Players would have to consciously elect to participate in the beginning of each regatta. We have players who forget or are unable to "opt out" . Usually they get booted out for not getting their quota and are decent players.

Hi, as much as this could work well for a lot of co-ops, I doubt very much that the devs will make this change. They wouldn't change the default to opt out allowing players to choose to opt in, as they said that they didn't want players missing out on the regatta.

I've previously requested that opting out be made easier and visible within the game, such as editing the profile from within chat.

One thing to note, is that opting out can be done at any time during the regatta, so players do not need to wait until the end the race before making any changes.

I don't want to check the participation at the beginning of each regatta. Those who forget they have to solve it themselves.

Forgetting to opt out or opting out after the regatta begins hurts the whole team.
    Forgetting to opt in only hurts one player, themselves.
    You are still going to run into the occasional freeloader but we usually boot them out before the regatta ends.

Hi we have a big problem with players not even knowing how to Opt Out and to those who join n then don't opt out n don't help either in some cases. I \ We boot all players who have not done any tasks n not helped at least 4 times. I have some dedicated players but only about 10 n some who try hard but low level yet. I appreciate my high flyers as I am a low level leader but I give full support to the team as this is first and foremost a team game not for individuals who just want to collect prizes at the end of the Regatta. I make sure they get booted an hour before finish if they have not contributed enough. I hate free loaders. I welcome daily helpful players over level 50 . Aussies down under. I want a friendly happy coop not hassles!! Suggestion - It would be great if the leader n co leaders could opt other players out of the game within the first 4 hours without it affecting the final scores. Also may work if new players in a coop are not allowed to compete in the first Regatta only help. That way others can judge whether they will help in the coop or not. Thks for reading

If your co-op is by request, you can tell your elders/co-leaders not to accept invitations until the race has started. I.e. you can leave a request sitting in chat until you are ready to accept it. This effectively lets you make that rule that new members sit out the first race.

As for leaders opting out a player, devs have said that will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownies Abode View Post
    Hi we have a big problem with players not even knowing how to Opt Out and to those who join n then don't opt out n don't help either in some cases. I \ We boot all players who have not done any tasks n not helped at least 4 times. I have some dedicated players but only about 10 n some who try hard but low level yet. I appreciate my high flyers as I am a low level leader but I give full support to the team as this is first and foremost a team game not for individuals who just want to collect prizes at the end of the Regatta. I make sure they get booted an hour before finish if they have not contributed enough. I hate free loaders. I welcome daily helpful players over level 50 . Aussies down under. I want a friendly happy coop not hassles!! Suggestion - It would be great if the leader n co leaders could opt other players out of the game within the first 4 hours without it affecting the final scores. Also may work if new players in a coop are not allowed to compete in the first Regatta only help. That way others can judge whether they will help in the coop or not. Thks for reading