Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Doldrums: August Update Coming Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivvie View Post
    But what if you don't want to race or join a co-op? I built the co-op but chose not to start it or join another as I just don't want the hassle - I'm sure I'm not alone and it will be a shame if we are excluded from an event because of the way we choose to play our game...
    You don't have to hassle, you can be alone in co-op. Create a co-op, do a pirate race and leave the co-op. I don't see any problem in that. Who will not race will not get anything, it appears fair to me.

Regatta Seasons?

What's the regatta seasons about? And what's all this talk about pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    What's the regatta seasons about? And what's all this talk about pirates?
    Check out the first couple of posts on the game's Facebook page, that's the extent of the information we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie007 View Post
    You don't have to hassle, you can be alone in co-op. Create a co-op, do a pirate race and leave the co-op. I don't see any problem in that. Who will not race will not get anything, it appears fair to me.
    No that's not fair! Why should I be forced to create a co-op and forced to race in order to get the special decorations? Maybe you don't see that as a problem but I do and I'm sure many others will as well.

I have no interest what-so-ever in wasting my time and products doing all those tasks. And I shouldn't have to. Essentially, Township is punishing me for choosing not to participate in something I want no part of. Being in a co-op and racing in the regatta is optional not manditory, therefore I should not be punished for not opting in. And if I am not able to get the special decorations if I'm not in a co-op and don't race then I am being punished. How is that "fair", as you put it?
    Last edited by Akila; 08-08-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Hi Akila

All the events have been optional. It is your choice to participate or not. Nothing new in that. You do not like this one, just skip it. YOUR choice.

I am sure many players will be happy to see something new for the regata.

Akila: Your objections are without merit. Last month it was a Fishing Event - in order to make lures we needed to sell our items at the Helipad to earn bottle caps. In other words we were "forced" to make and sell in order to play. Those who didn't go fishing, or collect bottle caps, or make lures were "punished" by not winning any prizes. I could repeat these steps for every Special Event - basically, you have to play to win ("manditory"), or sit it out and ignore it.

All your free choice to play or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Akila View Post
    No that's not fair! Why should I be forced to create a co-op and forced to race in order to get the special decorations? Maybe you don't see that as a problem but I do and I'm sure many others will as well.

I have no interest what-so-ever in wasting my time and products doing all those tasks. And I shouldn't have to. Essentially, Township is punishing me for choosing not to participate in something I want no part of. Being in a co-op and racing in the regatta is optional not manditory, therefore I should not be punished for not opting in. And if I am not able to get the special decorations if I'm not in a co-op and don't race then I am being punished. How is that "fair", as you put it?
    Akila, I didn't like the Restaurant event, but I played it for the nice rewards. Different people - different views. I'm looking forward to the Pirate regatta, it will be better for me than to sell burgers. Be open-minded, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Akila View Post

Isn't it a little early to complain about an event we know nothing about yet? Seriously, we have two sneak peeks, one that says "Regatta Seasons", whatever that means, and one that says "Themed Regatta Rewards" which implies that we can win them somehow.

As all previous events has given us the opportunity to purchase the special decorations, even the ones we could win, it seems logical that if one really wants the decorations and doesn't want to try to win them, that purchase will be an option again.

I'm willing to conceive that I might be wrong about these assumptions but I'm also not willing to get all worked up about something that hasn't happened yet and that we do not have enough details about. Hey, you might be pleasantly surprised at the event and really love it. Personally I rooting for a "dig for pirate treasure" or "target practice with a cannon" event

Great points, cdosr!! I would be good at digging, pretty awful at aiming my cannon and hitting a target. LOL

Cdosr you should work for Playrix! I love the cannon idea - I can see that being a proper laugh out loud event.