Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    dear Cobalt,

I was unsure, but really mainly thinking about the translations, to understand your intention, and that means finding one that comes close to what you wanted to express. I couldn't judge yet about "too harsh". In that sense, I now have more problems than before, esp. with the numbered listing, I think. Sorry, don't want to make problems, but just saying: I understood / expected you wanted it to be appreciative. Unusual, but positive. Funny, but not laughing about ppl, but with them. So I find bizarre fitting - and unusual, or "not realistic", but ugly? not so.
    I had in mind f.e. to post about a town with a very funny / unexpected "writing", but I will certainly not mention others' town as such (ugly), not even when there's "only" the risk of misunderstandings accord. to your "definitions". Nor would I see asymmetric as "bad". Wouldn't expect someone to use such adjectives for their own town either. Have to look up about three of your other adjectives in the numbered listing, and am still unsure about unnatural and the Freak show in the title.

IOW, your words and intention (as expected for you from me :-) ) don't go so well together; so am still asking what do you want to see and express? :-)

Notification and maybe praise for "not the norm" or ... maybe I misunderstood.
    Sorry also for being so long-winded... can't do "short" in language things, it seems, or in a foreign language.
    Dear _DD_;

Perhaps sometimes I am guilty of going for shock humor to draw attention to my posts. But I must admit, I also like towns that are not the norm. This can include so many things: 3-D; Surrealism; Fantasy; Bristling with decorations; Land Art; Assymetry. Referring to them as freak shows was a bit much. Really, any of your adjectives would have been more appropriate. Call it poetic license on my part. So, when you asked if freak show can be positive, it was a catalyst for me to tone things down. I did. A freak show is not a good thing, but all of these towns that are as unique as their creators is a wonderful thing.

Oh, and you were not overlooked on the zoo post. It was just an old man who didn't read though the threads carefully enough. :-)

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Dear _DD_;

Perhaps sometimes I am guilty of going for shock humor to draw attention to my posts. But I must admit, I also like towns that are not the norm. This can include so many things: 3-D; Surrealism; Fantasy; Bristling with decorations; Land Art; Assymetry.
    THAT would have been a very good intro "definition"!
    (can't you change it anymore?)
    Although I do like (your) shock humor also - mostly. <g>

Dear Cobalt,

thank you very much for your kind reply!

As for an old man overlooking my zoo thread reply...erm, not reading it (what is the difference??): you're forgiven, of course, by an old woman who just questions everything until she understands (hopefully. more or less. sometimes.). ;-)

By special request (the user does not post) I am submitting the following town for your consideration in the "Freak Show".
    By the way, I tried to rename this thread "Looking For Unnatural Towns" but failed miserably.

The Coop is Raytir and the town is Bunnycat's Blissful Burrow.

A few notes on this town. By virtue of having Bunnies out in your town, then ipso facto, you have already made your town unnatural to the purists.
    And their they are! Right by the freaking town sign! So, she is serving notice that she is not ashamed of bunnies. (I have mine in the zoo).
    Immediately to the left of that business is a ghastly wad of houses, community buildings, and factories. Oh my! The scare crow is a type of jewel in the crown and punctuates the whole business quite nicely I think. In fact the user is proud of this little embellishment.

So, at only level 45, the town can only get more whacked out. And I look forward to that.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Be kind.

Code? Search of Raytir came up blank.

NEVERMIND! I found it. Kinda sorry I did.
    Last edited by Nana; 08-01-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I see only two bunnies there; that can't freak you out already? *G* where are all the others, with their workshop, am I blind? The scarecrow on top of the university, so to speak, is indeed great.
    What I also find ...well, unusual is the huge path with trees in the north of the town (love it when it isn't so obvious how one got there, expansion-wise) and - LOL! there's certainly a plan, but atm: the post office in the middle of nowhere!

Aren't all of our towns freak shows? I mean just look at the giant chickens in the chicken coop...the factories making stuff out in the open...the tiny little bitty doorways and windows that make the townspeople look 15 feet tall. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    By special request (the user does not post) I am submitting the following town for your consideration in the "Freak Show".
    By the way, I tried to rename this thread "Looking For Unnatural Towns" but failed miserably.

A few notes on this town. By virtue of having Bunnies out in your town, then ipso facto, you have already made your town unnatural to the purists.
    And their they are! Right by the freaking town sign! So, she is serving notice that she is not ashamed of bunnies. (I have mine in the zoo).
    Immediately to the left of that business is a ghastly wad of houses, community buildings, and factories. Oh my! The scare crow is a type of jewel in the crown and punctuates the whole business quite nicely I think. In fact the user is proud of this little embellishment.

So, at only level 45, the town can only get more whacked out. And I look forward to that.
    Cobalt your descriptions of these towns really make me giggle. And I do get that it is said in admiration not putting anyone down.

Oh dear, I'm not at all in the same camp as you lot.
    I think the town is coming on nicely. Lots of cute bits and pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahaven View Post
    Cobalt your descriptions of these towns really make me giggle. And I do get that it is said in admiration not putting anyone down.
    Thanks Seahaven!

Yes, every town has its charms.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Be kind.

Ah, love to discover these towns of the unexpected.

Great thread and thanks for the awesome submissions.
    Strolled around a bit ... there's so much fabulous unlooked-for designs out there.

But among my favorites by all means has to be Denis: Can't pronounce russian co-op name, but tag is #Y43KNK.
    He sure loves the decorations – and makes sure to fit them all in on this giant main plaza.
    And why not join the Burj Khalifa with the giant cake or embellish the entire inflatable animals collection with the Notre Dame? Or place one of these breathtaking hall of fame statues next to the Taj Mahal.
    All this is miraculously done so that it's easy for the eyes. (Not sure what it does to the brain, tho.)

I always linger around when I'm there and enjoy. Hope you'll like it too.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash