Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Looking for Unnatural Towns

Not that I don’t appreciate the beauty of the natural/realistic town. They do have their charms and I admire them. But just as valid are the towns that when beheld, have you muttering to yourself, “Holy Crap!”

Wouldn’t you like to see some of these? I know I would.

This thread is dedicated to those who have made their towns bizarre. It can be many things: 1. A town with lots of ugly things; 2. Horrifically wadded up towns; 3. Gaudy towns; 4. Asymmetric towns; 5. Illogically arranged towns; 6. Just freaked out, amped up towns; 7. Special effect towns.

It is my hope that this will become a summer tour of towns from the twilight zone.

If you know of any of these, please share the Co-op name and/or tag ID and town name.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 07-30-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: too harsh
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

LMAO - Mr. Cobalt-Dali! Are you trying to drive traffic to your place?

I have a dear friend who has played from the beginning and has every oddity ever offered on display - some multiple times. I keep thinking she will run out of room and have to at least "store" a few things, but miraculously she just keeps piling the stuff in and on.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Haha, it's my time to shine!
    My town is definitely neither realistic nor easy on the eyes. My expansions are haphazard at best, and I mostly shove all houses and community buildings as far back as I can.

It's designed based on how I play - things are grouped together so I don't forget to do things. I would move the zoo entrance and the port if I could.

Still playing with the best way to lay out my fields.

Co-op Tag #EE5JSF Town Name: Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    My town is definitely neither realistic nor easy on the eyes. My expansions are haphazard at best, and I mostly shove all houses and community buildings as far back as I can.

It's designed based on how I play - things are grouped together so I don't forget to do things. I would move the zoo entrance and the port if I could.

What a delightful amorphous layout!
    About the best I have seen in my travels.
    Well done!
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Be kind.

I humbly submit this one for your review.

It is to be found in “Familiatow…” Co-op (tag is #FMXZCQ) and the town is “jorand-Rio de Janeiro”.

For those who despise the cake, what better way to highlight it than surround it with the Walk of Fame Statues. A nice touch there don’t you think?

Other hooks include a Golden Gate Bridge to nowhere, perpetual winter land with Chinese fence, and Dino-land in Suburbia where they can eat the inhabitants when they break out.

Interesting is the Fitness Center placed next to the Cursed Mansion. Perhaps when one realizes they will never have six pack abs, then can simply go next door and end it all?

And I especially like the Taj Mahal in close proximity to the barn.

There is lots for a guy like me like with this layout. I give it a thumbs up and it is a work of art. My kind of town.

Thank you for your creativity Rosette!
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 07-27-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post

Honor, you have awesome town!
    I sent you "LIKE".
    Town: U Marjánky
    Co-op: Czechoslovakia (#CZE83F, closed)
    Level: Town 152 / Zoo 32
    Platform: Android 5.1.1

Gardenscapes Level: 1501

These give me such anxiety! But, well done, all the same! The houses and buildings all jammed against the mountains ... I have never seen that before!

Thanks for the topic, Cobalt, and for the hints re. the town "jorand..."! I would have interpreted some things a bit differently, I think (and would be curious to know what she thought), and found some really funny ("target" - or goal? lol - of Dinoland) but in any case, quite unique in some aspects

Also, still musing about the translation for Freak Show - can it be positive, yes?

(if so I think the 3d towns would fit well here)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for the topic, Cobalt, and for the hints re. the town "jorand..."! I would have interpreted some things a bit differently, I think (and would be curious to know what she thought), and found some really funny ("target" - or goal? lol - of Dinoland) but in any case, quite unique in some aspects

Also, still musing about the translation for Freak Show - can it be positive, yes?

(if so I think the 3d towns would fit well here)
    _DD_, I have been thinking the same thing, and have toned it down. Sometimes I do get carried away.

Thanks for the input.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    _DD_, I have been thinking the same thing, and have toned it down. Sometimes I do get carried away.

Thanks for the input.
    dear Cobalt,

I was unsure, but really mainly thinking about the translations, to understand your intention, and that means finding one that comes close to what you wanted to express. I couldn't judge yet about "too harsh". In that sense, I now have more problems than before, esp. with the numbered listing, I think. Sorry, don't want to make problems, but just saying: I understood / expected you wanted it to be appreciative. Unusual, but positive. Funny, but not laughing about ppl, but with them. So I find bizarre fitting - and unusual, or "not realistic", but ugly? not so.
    I had in mind f.e. to post about a town with a very funny / unexpected "writing", but I will certainly not mention others' town as such (ugly), not even when there's "only" the risk of misunderstandings accord. to your "definitions". Nor would I see asymmetric as "bad". Wouldn't expect someone to use such adjectives for their own town either. Have to look up about three of your other adjectives in the numbered listing, and am still unsure about unnatural and the Freak show in the title.

IOW, your words and intention (as expected for you from me :-) ) don't go so well together; so am still asking what do you want to see and express? :-)

Notification and maybe praise for "not the norm" or ... maybe I misunderstood.
    Sorry also for being so long-winded... can't do "short" in language things, it seems, or in a foreign language.