Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benches

Kellie S Yancey

Single benches

I would like to have single benches to place here and there along my sidewalks at the zoo.

Susie Breden
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie S Yancey View Post
    I would like to have single benches to place here and there along my sidewalks at the zoo.
    I would love that too! But not just in the zoo. I'd like to have them in town as well, and have them so people actually sit down and use them.

Some stone benches would be nice...

Arlene James
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Breden View Post
    I would love that too! But not just in the zoo. I'd like to have them in town as well, and have them so people actually sit down and use them.
    My thought exactly. We have the vignettes so should be able to have them where people sit down on a bench. Or even on the ones we now have. It would be very nice.

We have asked for benches hundreds of times over the years - maybe one day! You never know.

Bethany Clarke
    I agree. Benches would be terrific. I know that some of the decorations have benches attached, but I'd like to have separate benches, too. It would make for really great park spaces.

Tassie
    Benches was always something I wanted.

Then I started wondering how the scale would work, given the size of the townspeople. Looking at the parklane decoration which includes benches, we might end up with a tiny bench that took up a whole square. Or a ginormous bench and we'd need to buy ladders for people to get up to it Or would we be able to put multiple benches in one square maybe? Interesting design question.

Arlene James
    I would recommend 2 benches, one square, with townie feeding pigeons. No ladders.

Kellie S Yancey
    I like the idea of two benches to square with townies feeding pigeons.

Yep! I'd like benches too! Something more in keeping with the size of the deckchairs. All the benches are tiny in comparison.