Thread: Level 196

Level 196

I have played level 196 so many times and have not been able to get rid of 80 berries or nine gnomes. I realize there are much better players on here than I am it's taken me a while to get to 196 but I would like to go on further so if anyone has any new ideas I have tried everything already that has been listed on here

I get that I was probably a little harsh the last time this level was brought up. It is just an awful level, those top rocks are such a nightmare to be rid of that you can have everything else go right and still never get close. I get your frustration and I wish I could offer some incredible tip but there's little I can suggest that you probably don't already know. That being said make sure you are:
    A) Resetting your starting setup until you can make a bomb with your first move, if you keep restarting long enough you may even get a setup where you can create a bomb near those top rocks.
    B) Work from the bottom as often as possible. The more automatches you can make, the more likely you'll create additional power-ups
    C) Don't rush. Timed levels make us want to rush, and that's when we miss good opportunities. Smart plays will outweigh fast plays 95% of the time. Take that extra second to look around and make sure your next move is the best one. Remind yourself that clearing those top rocks are the hardest part, so you want to be looking for any chance to make that happen.
    D) Don't be so quick to use power-ups and rainbow blasts. As above, you want to make sure that if you're detonating power-ups, they're destroying rocks or clearing grass or hitting other undetonated power-ups. Using your rainbow blast on the berries may seem like a good call but it isn't always the right decision. Wiping them from the board means it will be more difficult to make matches with them for many turns afterwards. Unless your Rainbow blast is going to collect the rest of the berries you need, it might actually be better to use it on the flowers or apples.

I think you're going to conquer this level Holly, just breathe deep, relax and believe you can do it. Sounds cheesy but it works. Good luck.

Thank you so much maybe I will get through it just needed a little push in the right direction

Any luck yet?

Not yet I guess I will just have to be patient.

I was rereading the advice you gave me and under the letter A it said Resetting your starting setup until you can make a bomb with your first move I am not sure what that means can you explain further I play this game on my IPhone Thanks again for your help.

If you have not made any moves, you can quit & restart the level with no penalty (ie. you keep all your lives) Obtuse is saying to keep doing this until you see a bomb combo in the board when you start.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Zirnheld Woolums View Post
    I was rereading the advice you gave me and under the letter A it said Resetting your starting setup until you can make a bomb with your first move I am not sure what that means can you explain further I play this game on my IPhone Thanks again for your help.