Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Got Kicked Out In The Middle of Regatta (Merged Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post
    As a co-op leader I have kicked several people off our team minutes before the race ended because of their failure to finish the required number of tasks. These people had hurt everyone else on the team by not finishing, so why should they be rewarded?
    [removed]. OK so they failed in their tasks but i'm sure they completed some of them which I'm sure you were happy to claim the rewards for. The time to kick is between regattas not during.
    Last edited by Amoria; 07-26-2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: please do not insult other players

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    OK so they failed in their tasks
    I'd suggest not to have an exchange of opinions in the tone in which you started your post, Mick.
    And it seems to me, it is easy for you to shrug off the main point, without having understood it. One should know the rules and environment, before one decides to break or ignore them.

[removed] - I'm glad im not in your group. OK so they failed in their tasks but i'm sure they completed some of them which I'm sure you were happy to claim the rewards for. The time to kick is between regattas not during.
    I bothers probably more people than not when they do everything and then some to work for a reward. A reward for your team. This statement says that you think your better. That they should work harder than you. Co op leaders are people too. If there was a real life problem that kept you from doing what was expected, most accept that. Communication helps.
    Last edited by Amoria; 07-26-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Mick, as the leader of a coop with 49 gold league trophies (46 gold) which almost always scores over 64,000 points, I want to assure you that I most definitely am not happy with those who failed to finish their 16 tasks! And neither is anyone else on the team.
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 07-26-2017 at 02:59 PM.

You are obviously a higher competitive and effective team and get great results. However kicking people during a regatta is wrong. If there points were removed they may be some fairness but you kept their points and they did not get their rewards which is patently unfair - just like what happened to the original poster in this thread.

From what I know of Dan Donaldson, he runs a Co-op of people who like to compete. I believe he is also a fair man and communicates what is expected of Co-op members up front. If then, a Co-op member does not comply with what is expected by that Co-op, Dan is within his rights to do whatever he wants to them, even booting them mid Regatta. It is not for me or you to throw stones at Dan. It's his Co-op. He must be doing something right, because it is a stable Co-op which has existed for some time. If you can't hack it, get your jacket.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

[removed]. OK so they failed in their tasks but i'm sure they completed some of them which I'm sure you were happy to claim the rewards for. The time to kick is between regattas not during.
    Mick, I have given you a warning. It is featured on your profile under "infractions" and will expire after 10 days.

I understand there are passionate opinions on various aspects of Township (and the forum welcomes them), but please do not insult other players.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

You are obviously a higher competitive and effective team and get great results. However kicking people during a regatta is wrong. If there points were removed they may be some fairness but you kept their points and they did not get their rewards which is patently unfair - just like what happened to the original poster in this thread.
    I'm sure the leaders of highly competitive coops would be more than happy to lose the points of players that do not finish their agreed tasks, so long as the coop score was calculated as if the errant player had never raced in the first place. By joining a team the thoughtless player has disappointed all the other racers who have strived to do their best for the coop. This is selfishness is blatantly unfair to the majority of cooperative racers.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

If your co-op is on the global leaderboard failure to complete just one task will affect your position for the next 4 weeks. Everyone joining co-ops like Dan's are aware of this and consequently his action is totally understandable.

same thing happened to me... so frustrating I started my own coop now