Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    There's a series of nice towns shared here.
    Is it weird that with very few exceptions, I like my own town better than anyone else's? I appreciate ones with great designs, and I admire some that have invested a lot in decorations and/or unique buildings from competitions. But even in great towns I say things to myself like "why isn't the lighthouse on the shore, where it's supposed to be? oh, dear, why put THAT on prime real estate instead of housing? who would put the library so far from the university?" Etc.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

not weird, IMO, but don't forget that not everyone is into "realistic". Others may have built different stories.

ETA: love the underground parking system and its "hidden exits", Ronnie! wonderful combination
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-24-2017 at 06:07 AM. Reason: have to correct that d*rn autocorrect even days later!

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    Is it weird that with very few exceptions, I like my own town better than anyone else's? I appreciate ones with great designs, and I admire some that have invested a lot in decorations and/or unique buildings from competitions. But even in great towns I say things to myself like "why isn't the lighthouse on the shore, where it's supposed to be? oh, dear, why put THAT on prime real estate instead of housing? who would put the library so far from the university?" Etc.
    I think most of us feel that way because if we didn't, we would be making changes to our town. I just spent almost an entire day a couple of days ago completely redoing my town, it's hard when you have all houses, factories, etc. Takes a long time, lol!

Anyway, I think it's human nature to like what we, ourselves, have worked so hard to build.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Yes, as Anaïs Nin said, we don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. It's how my brain works. It wants things to be logical.

Ronnie, I recently saw a town with no roads, but lots of paved areas, thus lots of pedestrians. Townspeople don't seem to mind walking everywhere. And I'm sure the air quality is much better!
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

I think my town is fairly realistic, considering the limited space that's allowed for all the houses, apartments, and community buildings that the game insists we have in order to continue to play. Its settling nicely into a vacation town named Sunset Beach, a work in progress. Sure need more land to spread out the housing area, it'll come in time.Sunset Beach, Sunset Beach Co-op, #SUNWFE
    Last edited by Sunset Beach Co-op; 07-21-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rose View Post
    Hi Vicki, You've got a very nice town going.

My town is realistic, different neighborhoods for different activities and such. I found, however, that after a while I found that having everything connected by roads was making it all too boxy. I have kept the roads in most places but in others I have installed a massive underground parking system so that people don't have to drive everywhere above ground. Unfortunately the exits and entrances to the underground parking are behind the buildings making them impossible to see.

I do think my town would pass the "put an address into a navigator" test. My zoo is also laid out so that people can walk through all of the exhibits and everyone is able to see the animals.

Why don't you come and see for yourself. My coop and town name are in my signature below.
    Your town pops Ronnie!
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

If you want gorgeous take a look at Lorna G town in Lorna G coop. It is not realistic but it is an amazing work of art.
    Township level: 119
    Zoo level: 31
    Town: La ville de Ronnie
    Friend Code: 94437W
    IOS: iPad Pro

My thread looking for excellent design is linked to earlier. I also like navigable, realistic design.

I have a beach village, a rural agricultural area with factories, a university area with a teaching hospital, culinary institute and sports, a city with green space and aself-contained amusement park with several hotels. I have an area I think of as a senior assisted living campus, and the rich people live on the outskirts or near the river. My seafood restaurant is near the pier. There's a pizza place and a diner near the beach. There's a transportation center near the railroad station, complete with taxis, newsstand, a spot to grab coffee and bagels, a bike rental shop...

So, yeah, I thought about these things when I laid out my town and when/were I expand.

I'm in #CFFWFY and my town name is Chippewa Valley.
    Last edited by Betsy; 07-22-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Coop name needs hashtag

Hi Betsy. I tried the tag you gave, but search results came up empty. What is your coop name?
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I think it needed the #