Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

The school of wizards

Did you ever wonder why there's a school of wizards in Summerville? Well, let me tell you about that...

Do you know Emma? She calls herself a witch. Most times she's very busy, but maybe she will visit your town during Halloween. While that time of the year, she's always traveling from city to city, searching for rare goods. Emma is the foundress of Summerville's school of wizards.
    When Emma was a child, she used to visit her grand aunt Roberta nearly every day. Roberta lived in the Mystical old Land of Summerville. She was rather old but still fit and she was very knowledgeable in herbalism. Emma was a very wild child, always testing things up to the max. So Roberta had to patch up many minor injuries. And Emma was not her only patient. Many people of summerville came to visit Roberta in order to hear her advices. They used to call her the Old Land's Witch. One day Emma asked her, why people call her a witch and grand aunt Roberta answered:
    "Well sweetheart, most people that come to me, only need someone who will listen to them and take their problem seriously. I'm good at listening and I'm as old as a dinosaur, so I have much life experience that I can share. And don't forget that my tea is the best throughout Summerville *g*. So, when people leave after their visit, they mostly feel much better than before. They believe that this must be some kind of magic and so they call me a witch."
    Emma frown and said: "But this isn't Magic!" "Oh Darling", said Roberta "always remember one thing: helping others and trying to make the world a better place is what I would call real-life-magic. This is the magic in life that really matters, not some kind of hocus-pocus."
    Grand aunt Roberta died several years later and Emma, who was already grownup and finished her studies of pharmacie, inspired by Roberta's herbalism knowledge, moved into her grand aunt's house in the Mystical old Land. There she set up a laboratory, in order to research for medicines against rare diseases and establish the school of wizards. She placed a statue of her grand aunt into the garden infront of the house and at the bottom of the statue you can find a brass plate that says: School of Wizards - Open for everyone who wants to help others and make the world a better place

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Kefalas View Post
    I have been playing everyday for over a month and am totally hooked. I keep looking at other people's towns but have not seen any like mine yet. Mine is very understated and realistic. You could put an address into a navigator and you could easily find your way around. Has anyone got examples of realistic towns to share with me, either your own or ones you have seen. Vicki

Level 43
    Town name: Ruby Land
    Co-op tag: #UZZGEP
    IOS
    I like mine to be organized, and since my town is owned by a company, you can easily see why. It would be easy to find a house you are looking for, they are all in a corner The factories? Over by the farm. The mine? Same place!

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    ... School of Wizards - Open for everyone who wants to help others and make the world a better place
    oh, what a beautiful story, SumSum, and explanation for that house, including the statue in front

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh, what a beautiful story, SumSum, and explanation for that house, including the statue in front
    I'm happy if you like it

I try to keep mine realistic, with an occasional dash of whimsy. I especially try to blend each piece with its neighbors in both function and color. So many towns are such a jumble that I shudder when I visit. I don't try to put every single piece of decor in use at the same time. I use seasonal stuff at certain times, and reserve snowmen for Christmas and bats for Halloween. Please visit. Regatta Racing Friends co-op, town is Greenton.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenton View Post
    I try to keep mine realistic, with an occasional dash of whimsy. I especially try to blend each piece with its neighbors in both function and color. So many towns are such a jumble that I shudder when I visit. I don't try to put every single piece of decor in use at the same time. I use seasonal stuff at certain times, and reserve snowmen for Christmas and bats for Halloween. Please visit. Regatta Racing Friends co-op, town is Greenton.
    Hi Greenton,
    your town looks beautiful. Especially the wedding hall and the photo center combined with the swan lakes and the bridges caught my eye

SumSum
    Love, love, love, and more love ! The story is delightful !!! This brief look into your town gives understanding into how this part of your beautiful town came to be . Of course as a social worker myself the theme of the story is not lost on me

oh did I say i love this story ?
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-26-2018 at 03:18 AM. Reason: removed broken quote

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    The school of wizards

Did you ever wonder why there's a school of wizards in Summerville? Well, let me tell you about that...

Do you know Emma? She calls herself a witch. Most times she's very busy, but maybe she will visit your town during Halloween. While that time of the year, she's always traveling from city to city, searching for rare goods. Emma is the foundress of Summerville's school of wizards.
    When Emma was a child, she used to visit her grand aunt Roberta nearly every day. Roberta lived in the Mystical old Land of Summerville. She was rather old but still fit and she was very knowledgeable in herbalism. Emma was a very wild child, always testing things up to the max. So Roberta had to patch up many minor injuries. And Emma was not her only patient. Many people of summerville came to visit Roberta in order to hear her advices. They used to call her the Old Land's Witch. One day Emma asked her, why people call her a witch and grand aunt Roberta answered:
    "Well sweetheart, most people that come to me, only need someone who will listen to them and take their problem seriously. I'm good at listening and I'm as old as a dinosaur, so I have much life experience that I can share. And don't forget that my tea is the best throughout Summerville *g*. So, when people leave after their visit, they mostly feel much better than before. They believe that this must be some kind of magic and so they call me a witch."
    Emma frown and said: "But this isn't Magic!" "Oh Darling", said Roberta "always remember one thing: helping others and trying to make the world a better place is what I would call real-life-magic. This is the magic in life that really matters, not some kind of hocus-pocus."
    Grand aunt Roberta died several years later and Emma, who was already grownup and finished her studies of pharmacie, inspired by Roberta's herbalism knowledge, moved into her grand aunt's house in the Mystical old Land. There she set up a laboratory, in order to research for medicines against rare diseases and establish the school of wizards. She placed a statue of her grand aunt into the garden infront of the house and at the bottom of the statue you can find a brass plate that says: School of Wizards - Open for everyone who wants to help others and make the world a better place
    Love this!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-26-2018 at 03:19 AM. Reason: removed image in quote

Quote Originally Posted by Deadend View Post
    SumSum
    Love, love, love, and more love ! The story is delightful !!! This brief look into your town gives understanding into how this part of your beautiful town came to be . Of course as a social worker myself the theme of the story is not lost on me

oh did I say i love this story ?
    Thank you Deadend :*
    I'm happy if you like the story, especially as it sounds like you are a real life magician yourself
    I just visited your town again and saw that it's under construction at the moment. As it seems it's going to be really beautiful The huge beach area is awesome!! I'm not sure at the moment, but before your redesigning, wasn't your town the one without cars? And with the Bikeshop right behind the train station? Or am I just confusing it with something else? In any case, I'm curious to see the final result of your rebuilding project Please let us know when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Truliville View Post
    Love this!
    Thank you Truliville