Thread: Trains: Second Chance to "Ask for Help"

Trains: Second Chance to "Ask for Help"

If you have already selected a cart on one of your trains and asked for other players to help you fill it but end up filling it yourself, you should be able to select a different cart on the same train to "ask for help" since no one actually helped you the first time.

I find if you learn what crates are likeliest to be filled you can avoid this problem. Try to pick the crate that will give the helper the most profit. Nobody wants to give you four corn chips and then tie up their factory for hours. However everyone will give you potato bread.

Why potato bread?

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    I find if you learn what crates are likeliest to be filled you can avoid this problem. Try to pick the crate that will give the helper the most profit. Nobody wants to give you four corn chips and then tie up their factory for hours. However everyone will give you potato bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Why potato bread?
    LOL - I reacted with "nevah" spontaneously, having just made some.
    I agree with Veganville, though, about considering the giver's profit. Even more so, probably, making it easy for them, and that is IMO regarding the amount of products. I will give 1 or 2 MUCH easier than the big amounts. In planes, I often think, gawd, send it empty!! some amounts are just crazy and not worth the hassle (esp. as we heard here that only half filled planes interfer with the related achievement, not the empty ones).

Hmmm, no. I always fill others crates if I have it, regardless what it is.

This post made me smile because I guess it's your experience with your friends, or maybe your own way you choose what to load, but it doesn't seem like a rule to me. If I have lots of tortilla chips and no potatoes, for example, I'd do the opposite.

..but you are right that the help crates are about thinking which are more likely to get filled by your regular helpers. It takes some experience. Part of the fun.

LOL. Your mileage may vary. At my current factory levels, one corn chip takes 45 minutes and barn price is 19 coins. Potato bread takes 42 minutes and yields 158 coins. (Trains pay slightly more.) I always have potatoes on hand so that's an easy product to restock.

Lots of other things influence helping of course. If I'm pumping out grape fizz for a hot zoo task, I probably won't give someone four vitamin cocktails even if I have them, because that factory is busy and replacing them will pause my task progress.

I almost always flag the crate with the most pricey item so the helper gets the coins, even if it means the train sits for a few hours while I work on the rest. Only rarely will I flag a crate simply to make it easy for me.

I have to admit I don't put that much thought into it when I fill crates. I'm too excited by a clover to think about coins.

I've never had a problem getting crates filled by others, whether for 3 cream or 65 wheat (a side-effect of tons of facebook friends).
    You've given me something to think about though. I will try in the future to give them the high coin things

LOL. Your mileage may vary. At my current factory levels, one corn chip takes 45 minutes and barn price is 19 coins. Potato bread takes 42 minutes and yields 158 coins. (Trains pay slightly more.) I always have potatoes on hand so that's an easy product to restock.

Lots of other things influence helping of course. If I'm pumping out grape fizz for a hot zoo task, I probably won't give someone four vitamin cocktails even if I have them, because that factory is busy and replacing them will pause my task progress.

I almost always flag the crate with the most pricey item so the helper gets the coins, even if it means the train sits for a few hours while I work on the rest. Only rarely will I flag a crate simply to make it easy for me.

Yup. I help for two reasons only: Clover or Friendship. If I need coins I buy a helicopter coin booster.

I ask for help in crates I need help in.

I'm a sheep of simple brain.

I hope that's not the reason that a whole bunch of my friends want potato bread lol. I always find that hard to fill. Much prefer 5 corn chips! lol