Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Some Co-ops Reject Join Requests?

We reject players for many reasons, but usually change the standard kick message to explain why. I have a particular dislike for players who join, immediately ask for help on several things, and then either don't respond through chat to our greetings or log off immediately. You'd be amazed how often this happens! We also kick if people don't speak enough English to communicate a bit. Communication in English is listed as essential for our co op, as our system of play relies on it, yet people who can't read the description don't know not to join us, obviously. I would say, if you're looking to join a co op, get your help stat up before you leave your old one. One of us use it as a guide to how good a player is likely to be...

I suspect all coops reject members based on whatever negative experiences they have had. Our coop is extremely relaxed about the regatta - participate or not, do one task or 16, whatever - and I can honestly say we have never kicked a member for anything related to the regatta. But we are very helping-oriented and nearly everyone I have kicked, was kicked for either being a moocher or a zero. (We don't have specific goals and I have to see really low helping numbers before I start considering whether a member should be kicked.) So we do look at an applicant's help numbers before admitting them. I also had to repeatedly reject a member whom I kicked for being a moocher and kept trying to get back in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    Well I just sent a pm to WUS co op and was rejected. No chance to even join that co op. Is it because I said I don't like doing train and plane tasks or rubber and silk tasks? They all take too long! At least I was honest about this. I also told them I don't use boosters (gems are for zoo animals) or spend Tcash except for the 10 Tcash for the last task. Maybe it was a mistake to say I help in moderation? Anyway it is their loss as I am quite capable of doing 16 tasks each and every regatta. Now I know why I race solo it is far more pleasant and I have no need to prove myself to anyone.
    Cathy Russel!, our team is all about what you represent! We are friends, We are a team! And we do all 16! We are friendly ladies who help each other! We have lower levels who do not race, because they are not ready yet. You sound very ready! Would love to send an invite!

I do the planes and my sis does the trains! And everything is new with the new regatta! But you sound like our kind of player!

I do the planes for my team. Once the event is over, pretty sure the abundance of planes will be back! My sis, co- leader, does trains! If the tasks get too abundant, we dump them! It's a new regatta, no idea what is in store. Cathy, don't be alone! Plenty friends around you! Kissy face emojis!
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-26-2017 at 06:56 PM. Reason: merged

Hi Graylady,

I read your response and appreciate any and all advice. Currently, we are at three members and actually excited to have added one since the last time I posted. As far as helps, we want to keep the game fun and since we are only 3 at the moment with fewer opportunities to do so; I think it fair to keep them at 30. Of course, we still want more members, especially, one who speaks Chinese and English. Our newest member speaks only Chinese and we would love to chat with her. We attempt limited conversation using emoji’s. Our other member's teenage daughter is learning the language, armed with a Chinese language keyboard. However, improved communication among members is vital to us. So we remain at 300 regatta task points and 30 helps.

As far as the dumped tasks go, I realize that it is part of the strategy. My former co-op was at full membership and they dumped tasks all the time. So, I get it. The problem it created was that when the new board appeared, tasks were dumped so fast that the regatta turned into a waiting game. Members were either ready to pounce and play or dump in the hundreds. So, there were lots of complaints in chat about the empty task board. I accept dumps and use them especially toward the end of the race when quick tasks are unavailable. As far as dumping goes; is it the skies the limit or do I set guidelines? How many tasks do we dump?

Our main objective in the co-op is to town build through chatting and sharing resources. We are all former members from a co-op that went through an unexpected change in leadership. A few races back, we set sail in the Golden League and are still there. I am looking for culturally diverse individuals, especially bilingual language speakers in Chinese/English and French/English. I enjoy the game, town building, and winning the regatta. I am a creative town planner and my town looks awesome.

While your life story is not required, I value conversation beyond 'thanks and your welcome' in chat. Discussion of the game increases understanding and is always a great way to alert other members of vacations or absence from the regatta. All members must race. We are very lenient with new members and promote based on regatta points and helps. It takes time to learn and we look for members who want to invest and stay. To advance 500 task points are required for elder status and 1000 to earn co-leader with 300 to maintain promotions. Our co-op is called Wheel of Time for you Robert Jordan fans, my township is Anntown, and our tag number is WHE2N2. All are welcome who want to play.

Thank you for reading this and again your advice is always more than welcome,

Have fun,

Ann

P.S. Graylady: Do you have any bilingual speakers who may want to join? I noticed you are a french-speaking co-op.

Ann, in our co op we don’t limit the number of dumps, we simply set a points threshold depending on our aims that week. Anything under that threshold gets dumped. Better to wait a little for a high point task, imho. By the way, including an advertisement in your post is frowned upon, as is placing your advert in the wrong thread in general.

Hi Ann

I have the same strategy as Bessville. I set the minimum points for the task and dump everything below. I do not care for the top leaderboard and for a 30 members co-op. Yes, we have to wait for new tasks sometimes. That is the way to go anyway if we want to be on the podium.

As for being in a french co-op, this is mandatory to me. To work well together everyone has to understand each other very well. Everyone speak french. We are all from Quebec, so we have the same cultural background which make it easier to understand joke.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I really want to know the answer to this. I am currently in a co-op but I got a request from another co-op from an elder to join their co-op but their co-op is already at 30 so that means it's full even though it says it's open. The thing is, I am not sure if this was an accidental request or not. If i accept, then will I be able to join their co-op? Or is that impossible to join by request when the co-op is already full? I don't want to leave my co-op (which isn't that active anyway but there are a few really nice people there) so I don't want to leave only to join a co-op that is full and because of that I may not get in anyway. The person who sent me a request is on my friends list in Township. So I am not sure what to do about this? Just ignore the request? What if I pass up a good opportunity to join a co-op I really like? Is it still possible to get in even if it's full or is that not possible?

No, you can’t get in if it’s at 30 members. Some co ops send out multiple invitations in an attempt to fill one spot. You can wait to accept until you see they have space available, or reject/ignore the invitation. As far as missing out, the grass may or may not be greener on the other side. No way to know.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany_blue View Post
    I am not sure if this is relevant but I really want to know the answer to this. I am currently in a co-op but I got a request from another co-op from an elder to join their co-op but their co-op is already at 30 so that means it's full even though it says it's open. The thing is, I am not sure if this was an accidental request or not. If i accept, then will I be able to join their co-op? Or is that impossible to join by request when the co-op is already full? I don't want to leave my co-op (which isn't that active anyway but there are a few really nice people there) so I don't want to leave only to join a co-op that is full and because of that I may not get in anyway. The person who sent me a request is on my friends list in Township. So I am not sure what to do about this? Just ignore the request? What if I pass up a good opportunity to join a co-op I really like? Is it still possible to get in even if it's full or is that not possible?
    Hi Tiffany,

The "open" means that anybody can join them...some co-ops are closed or by request only; so even when full, their status will remain "open." And no worries if you reject the invitation, since it's an open co-op, you can join them anytime when they have a spot available. But for now, you won't be able to join them since maximum number in a co-op is 30.

All you can do for now is check back from time to time, see if the number of members have gone down, then you can accept the invite.

Tiffany

You cannot accept a request when you already are in a co-op anyway. You would need to leave your actual co-op before accepting an invitation.

Same thing the other way around. If you send a request to join another co-op while you are still member of a co-op, the other team cannot accept your request, it can only reject it. I see this a lot in my co-op.