Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Some Co-ops Reject Join Requests?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    Well I just sent a pm to WUS co op and was rejected. No chance to even join that co op. Is it because I said I don't like doing train and plane tasks or rubber and silk tasks? They all take too long! At least I was honest about this. I also told them I don't use boosters (gems are for zoo animals) or spend Tcash except for the 10 Tcash for the last task. Maybe it was a mistake to say I help in moderation? Anyway it is their loss as I am quite capable of doing 16 tasks each and every regatta. Now I know why I race solo it is far more pleasant and I have no need to prove myself to anyone.
    Honesty is great, but please understand that some of the things you are against are mandatory for teams on or attempting to get on the leaderboard. Those types of teams must do every 135 task they get and that includes all planes & trains. It wouldn't be fair for one member of a team to opt out of doing those tasks. No one likes them, but they must share the burden. So yes, its probably why they rejected you, because you weren't a good fit.

Your style of play is better suited for teams only interested in winning and no interest in the Glb. Those teams are dumping all the long tasks.

Cathy, in my co-op we do not do those tasks either as we really do not care about the Leaderboard, we do care about 1st positions in the regatta however.
    If you are still looking to join a co-op, please check out our ad #172 moderately competitive co-ops looking for new members.
    Veronica van Kinderen
    Town: V Village
    Code: friend code changes all the time
    Co-op: Conquordia (a competitive and helpful, multinational co-op looking for extra members)
    Co-op tag: #CNZ465

On topic this time, there have been times where 2 new members were already allowed to join. My co-op is relatively small (7 members) but racing in the Gold League, so as a risk reduction I cannot accept more than 2 members at the time.
    Unfortunately there's no way, besides our co-op description, to communicate to this 3rd applicant that he/she was a bit too late but should definitely try next time.
    Maybe I should discuss with my team to accept the other requests after the regatta has started...
    Veronica van Kinderen
    Town: V Village
    Code: friend code changes all the time
    Co-op: Conquordia (a competitive and helpful, multinational co-op looking for extra members)
    Co-op tag: #CNZ465

Our coop (Givers only coop#22 on leaderboard) accepted 5 new members yesterday, and we don't care if they won't take certain tasks like planes or silk, as we have 30 people and someone else on the team is sure to do them. We also don't care if they help others because we have so many good helpers that helping becomes a race among ourselves. We also don't care about chat once you are a member, as long as you introduce yourself when you first join. All we really care about is that noone is cheating and that everyone finishes 16 tasks!
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 07-18-2017 at 11:40 AM.

I started a co-op and have one member so far. We require 30 helps and 300 regatta points. I would like to set a limit to the number of dumped tasks, too. I am looking guidelines and a way of attracting new members. The co-op name is wheel of time. Advise and and members are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann E Hoffman View Post
    I started a co-op and have one member so far. We require 30 helps and 300 regatta points. I would like to set a limit to the number of dumped tasks, too. I am looking guidelines and a way of attracting new members. The co-op name is wheel of time. Advise and and members are welcome.
    Hi Ann

Beware of that request for 30 helps. Some players will jump on any request for crops and ignore the requests for long to produce thing. Remember, one player filling a plane cargo with 20 wheat will get 10 points/help while another giving 1 cheesecake will get only 1 point/help.

Why limit the dumping ? If your board has a lot of very low points tasks, you have to dump them in order to get better ones. Dumping tasks is part of the strategy in regatta.

As for finding new members, this is the hardest part. You can look for the thread Relax coop. Before posting your information, read the thread to see how people present their coop. Give a lot of information about yours, mainly our objective. This is how players decide on which coop they want to join.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Fleshrea

There are as many reasons as the people who do the rejections. No way to tell as we have no way to send a message with the rejection. One of those rejection could have been a mistake, a slip of the finger on the wrong button.

For my co-op, I look at the player stats for sure. But my main problem is language. My co-op is french speaking only and that is a headache when accepting new players.
    I just rejected a player who had the racoon avatar but less than 1000 helps. We cannot risk accept anyone who might be using some illegal means.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 223) A877VE iOS (level 82)

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    I just rejected a player who had the racoon avatar but less than 1000 helps. We cannot risk accept anyone who might be using some illegal means.
    Wow ! That one is pretty obvious LOL
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

We reject players with help numbers not equivalent to ours. We have also rejected people with names or photos we deemed inappropriate since many members have small children. Our co-op has had some bad experiences with just accepting everyone. Almost none of those members did not work out.

I'm from W U S Co-op, and you are exactly right, Melissa. The only reason Cathy would have been rejected is not because it's impossible to join our co-op, but because we are on the glb and constantly working towards improving our score on it. So we do all 135 tasks on the board and no player is exempt from doing them. Thank you for defending us!