Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Regatta Freeloaders Again!

Quote Originally Posted by BinkyVille View Post
    I'm part of a small, but really committed co-op team Gold League team, Binky&Co.
    We have been hard working, completed all our tasks, and happily made our way up each week, for months, with dedication, and great teamwork.
    It appears that yet again, we've been landed with freeloaders, who contribute nothing, haven't the decency to even put up their 'Not Racing' signs, but are always happy to reap the rewards of our efforts.
    Always excuses, too busy, haven't time 'insert other excuses here'.
    Rubbish, I have a professional career, commitments, spouse, I care for an elderly relative, I still find time to not let my team down.
    I'm close to quitting, despite a lot of support from my fantastic hard working co-op friends @Blu3frogee and Nordby.
    It can't just be us, suffering from these selfish type of players.
    All we wanted was a moderate level of dedication, not the Earth on a stick.

Apologies for rant.
    I feel your pain! We have an awesome co op and everyone participates except the LEADER! She use to participate all the time then dissapeared for a couple months, she was telling another member that she couldn't access the game but whenever the race was over I'd see the green dot, just in time to gather all the rewards! Every single week! There is nothing we can do because she is the leader, but it just rubs me the wrong way so bad! I can't leave either because I lover my team too much! She won't even opt out of the race when asked.....what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthasame View Post
    I feel your pain! We have an awesome co op and everyone participates except the LEADER! She use to participate all the time then dissapeared for a couple months, she was telling another member that she couldn't access the game but whenever the race was over I'd see the green dot, just in time to gather all the rewards! Every single week! There is nothing we can do because she is the leader, but it just rubs me the wrong way so bad! I can't leave either because I lover my team too much! She won't even opt out of the race when asked.....what to do!
    We had exactly the same situation, it is very frustrating! The only thing i could do in the end was tell the others, through an in box message that I was leaving to set up a new co-op and would be happy if they joined me. They did, bye bye old leader and we now have a great little team. You have to start from Wooden league again of course but doesn't take many weeks to get back up to Gold. Good luck.

Yep the only thing you need to do is leave and either set up new coop or join another. You can't kick her! Our doors are open if you are competent and loyal! Sheep Shysters- we are competitive but helpful and friendly. A good core group of dedicated players looking for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaihikatea View Post
    Yep the only thing you need to do is leave and either set up new coop or join another. You can't kick her! Our doors are open if you are competent and loyal! Sheep Shysters- we are competitive but helpful and friendly. A good core group of dedicated players looking for more.
    If it was more than just this one person I would leave and join a new co op or start a new one but I enjoy my team very much except for this one hiccup. I'd feel awful even asking everyone to leave and start our own. Thank you for the invite! Much appreciated I am too loyal to leave my team. We have a great thing going

If you make sure you have added them all as friends, you can invite them all right away when you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-doll View Post
    When you receive a request to join a co-op, have a look at their statistics. If the help other players and help co op members is similar to yours and the level is similar as yours, then they should be ok. If it's a lot lower, don't let them join.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-doll View Post
    When you receive a request to join a co-op, have a look at their statistics. If the help other players and help co op members is similar to yours and the level is similar as yours, then they should be ok. If it's a lot lower, don't let them join.
    The helping others stat is the key. However "the helping co-op members stat" will be zero for single player co-ops. If a player has helped many strangers, they will support their deserving co-op members. Low level exclusion is not how you build a strong dedicated co-op. IMHO
    Last edited by mike.hall1@bigpond.com; 08-11-2017 at 02:40 AM.

I agree with kicking them out, also the company could have a deal where if they don't play the regatta they don't reap the rewards. Also you need to remember not everyone is going to do their part and second sometimes things do happen in life. So you need to be happy with yourself and how much you do help. Don't give up just because of a few bad apples. You are bringing yourself to their level by giving up. And given up is an excuse a lot of people do. So remember how much you and the others do. Hopefully the company will change the rules that if you don't play you don't get rewards. It's a game to have fun and relax, don't take it to serious. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Michelle Boehm View Post
    also the company could have a deal where if they don't play the regatta they don't reap the rewards.
    ? if they opt out, they won't get the rewards.

If they don't participate in the race, but don't opt out, talk to them, that they do.
    If they don't react or bring excuses, kick them after some time, maybe with another warning first.
    In the kick msg, you can tell them what they have to do to be allowed back - if you want that.

Seeing how many sit there with zero points in solo racing coops, I bet there are still many players who don't know how the whole thing works. And seeing some questions here in the forum, many don't even get the idea of looking ingame for the Help descriptions.
    Communication is the key, also for making the rules known.
    And also, if the leader is the lazy one or disappeared.

This is exactly what we do. I send inbox messages out before each race reminding people to uncheck participate in regatta. Finally we have a team where all the members get it! I also try to FaceBook friend all my team members and set up a co-op group where I send reminders and instructions on how to uncheck participate. About half of our team is not racing right now due to vacations, etc. but they all "unparticipated". Kick out those who won't comply!