Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Regatta Freeloaders Again!

We also have such free loaders in our co-op. Those people accept tasks(mostly 1 task) and keep it until the end of the race without finishing it..mostly plane tasks.
    Our team worked hard to come to golden league. We kick out those free loaders and keep only the members who play hard to get the trophy..

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Michelle Boehm View Post
    I agree with kicking them out, also the company could have a deal where if they don't play the regatta they don't reap the rewards. Also you need to remember not everyone is going to do their part and second sometimes things do happen in life. So you need to be happy with yourself and how much you do help. Don't give up just because of a few bad apples. You are bringing yourself to their level by giving up. And given up is an excuse a lot of people do. So remember how much you and the others do. Hopefully the company will change the rules that if you don't play you don't get rewards. It's a game to have fun and relax, don't take it to serious. Good luck
    I'm not really sure what you are saying here. If you are saying just be happy with what you do and don't worry about the rest, maybe the leader will take care of it. I couldn't disagree more. I'm not saying to leave at any little thing, but if you have a leader who will not take care of problems, then there is no reason to put up with the irritation of free loaders. There are plenty of co-ops with different expectations. you can find lots on this forum or in the Township groups on Facebook. To put up with free loaders because your leader won't take care of them takes part of the fun out of the regatta.

We had a problem with half our players not being as committed as us, or not having as much time to play, so we formed our own co op. We were chatty so didn't have the heart to kick them out, and at least this way, those who wanted to stay together can do so, and have an easier time since they will go back to wood league. And we will start again, small but with lots of heart and outstanding players.
    If anyone wants to join our new co op (shameless plug here) we are Kangaroo Cove, #KN6ES9
    We ask for 5 task minimum, and to help others. We accept all levels, we have from 21 to 57.

Hello,

I am new to the game & the forum. I'm hoping I can gain some assistance/information here, If I'm in the "wrong place" please direct me. The co-op I'm in has an inactive leader. The 14-15 of us that regularly play the game & participate in the regattas also chat & support each other with requests. The same 14-15 have sent a "friend request" to the leader & yes, you guessed it, none of us have received any type of reply. I've tried to locate this leader via social media - nothing. I did read in the "Help and Forums" section provided in the game that our option to deal with an inactive leader is to create a new co-op.

Creating a new co-op:
    *Do you know if we lose our regatta status?
    *Do we lose our individual levels?

I've also read about "group messages."
    *Is this something only the leader can do?

I've read about kicking out members.
    *Is this something (again) only the leader can do?
    *Removing someone from your co-op, is there a way to establish rules for your co-op?

I apologize....I/we just do not have anyone in the co-op that has answers. I'm wondering if leaders have access to information for co-op rules that members cannot access,

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance with these questions. I/we appreciate any information provided.

Liz
    Windows/Mac
    Co-Op/Happy Cows
    Leader/Bellatrix Lastrange-level 23
    My Farm /Martzini Village - level 39 as of Aug 14,2017

You will have to start from Wooden League. You will not lose your Town levels. Only the leader/co-leader can send group messages to the Co-op Building Inbox, same for kicking members and changing status. As far as establishing and enforcing rules, that's up to leadership. We use a free website to communicate ours, some do so in their descriptions and/or in Chat with every new member.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Hello,

I am new to the game & the forum. I'm hoping I can gain some assistance/information here, If I'm in the "wrong place" please direct me. The co-op I'm in has an inactive leader. The 14-15 of us that regularly play the game & participate in the regattas also chat & support each other with requests. The same 14-15 have sent a "friend request" to the leader & yes, you guessed it, none of us have received any type of reply. I've tried to locate this leader via social media - nothing. I did read in the "Help and Forums" section provided in the game that our option to deal with an inactive leader is to create a new co-op.

Creating a new co-op:
    *Do you know if we lose our regatta status?
    *Do we lose our individual levels?

*Is this something only the leader can do?

*Is this something (again) only the leader can do?
    *Removing someone from your co-op, is there a way to establish rules for your co-op?

I apologize....I/we just do not have anyone in the co-op that has answers. I'm wondering if leaders have access to information for co-op rules that members cannot access,

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance with these questions. I/we appreciate any information provided.

Liz
    Windows/Mac
    Co-Op/Happy Cows
    My Farm /Martzini Village - level 39 as of Aug 14,2017

Firenze,

Thank you for the quick reply. So our best option (speaking for the active 14-15 members) is to leave this current co-op, create our own, make it a request co-op, & establish rules/guidelines. (sigh) Starting at the "Wood League" in the regatta is a bit disappointing...however since we are dedicated players it can't take that long to build up again.

I do appreciate the info & will pass it along.

Thanks again!

Hi lalala,

In teal my answers to your questions (also for everyone who no longer wants to put up with freeloaders but have an inactive leader),

Hello,

If you do not get any response via the chat from your co-op leader (or any other co-op member for that matter) check the town hall status of your leader and check this status again after a day and -if patient enough- check again after a week, if these numbers haven't changed (number of items produced and number of helps) if factories are not producing, ships remain in the harbour and trains remain at the train station then most likely your leader has other priorities and if you don't like your co-op this way, you best either find a co-op that has the same ideas about a co-op and the regatta or create your own co-op.

Creating a new co-op:
    *Do you know if we lose our regatta status? If you start your own co-op you will start from scratch, in the Wooden League, but there are plenty Golden League co-ops looking for new members so if you want to skip the leagues before the Golden one you can.
    *Do we lose our individual levels? Your Township level? Your Township level is yours and will not be lost.

*Is this something only the leader can do? Co-leaders and the leader can send group messages, not very frequent though

*Is this something (again) only the leader can do? The leader can kick out everyone, co-leaders can kick out elders and members, I didn't think elders could kick out anyone
    *Removing someone from your co-op, is there a way to establish rules for your co-op? Whatever feels right for you.

I apologize....I/we just do not have anyone in the co-op that has answers. I'm wondering if leaders have access to information for co-op rules that members cannot access, Nope, most certainly not, almost all answers you can find here on the forum and on the township wikia.

Liz
    Windows/Mac
    Co-Op/Happy Cows
    My Farm /Martzini Village - level 39 as of Aug 14,2017[/QUOTE]

BinkyVille, I share your pain. My dad's co-op also is in the Golden League and we work hard to do the Regatta and there are those infamous "zeroes" as the co-op members call them. They do nothing and then they get stuff for free.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Firenze,

Thank you for the quick reply. So our best option (speaking for the active 14-15 members) is to leave this current co-op, create our own, make it a request co-op, & establish rules/guidelines. (sigh) Starting at the "Wood League" in the regatta is a bit disappointing...however since we are dedicated players it can't take that long to build up again.

I do appreciate the info & will pass it along.

Thanks again!
    No problem! I did the same and we've just earned the Golden Sail trophy so it's more than possible! Good luck.

I lead a very relaxed coop and we still have zeroes! There is no regatta requirement but the coop description says plainly helping is required. And (surprise, surprise) it seems that those who request help but don't help others, also don't do much in the regatta but also fail to opt out so their minimal participation doesn't drive up the point requirements for the more active players.

I watch the stats and if I see that pattern, I boot them on a Saturday or Sunday so we still keep whatever points they accrued but they don't get the rewards. lol I have never booted someone solely for poor regatta participation (and I don't expect that to change), only for not helping. We don't need moochers!