Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regatta Freeloaders Again!

Regatta Freeloaders Again!

I'm part of a small, but really committed co-op team Gold League team, Binky&Co.
    We have been hard working, completed all our tasks, and happily made our way up each week, for months, with dedication, and great teamwork.
    It appears that yet again, we've been landed with freeloaders, who contribute nothing, haven't the decency to even put up their 'Not Racing' signs, but are always happy to reap the rewards of our efforts.
    Always excuses, too busy, haven't time 'insert other excuses here'.
    Rubbish, I have a professional career, commitments, spouse, I care for an elderly relative, I still find time to not let my team down.
    I'm close to quitting, despite a lot of support from my fantastic hard working co-op friends @Blu3frogee and Nordby.
    It can't just be us, suffering from these selfish type of players.
    All we wanted was a moderate level of dedication, not the Earth on a stick.

Apologies for rant.

Hi Binkyville, you do sound fed up! Why don't you just kick the freeloaders out? Presumably you have given them warning that their performance is unacceptable? Different views on here I know but I personally would kick them before the have a chance to collect the rewards. Why should they benefit from other peoples hard work. In my co-op we have several members the same as you with lots of commitments outside the game, they still manage to come up with 16 tasks at 135. Don't quit, just get rid of them x

Yes, I agree, it's only fair to let other players know what expectations you have of each other. Maybe your playing styles are equally valid but they just don't mesh. Move these players on or set up a new team with a reasonable list of requirements such as 'must do at least X tasks of at least X points or must opt out of race'.

If you only recruit via the forums you'll have a better chance of explaining the expectations before anyone joins so that there won't be confusion.

Binky, some people really don't "get" competitions and races. I have a very brainy friend who plays trivial pursuit but refuses to land on a space that will win her a "piece of pie". She just can't stand the pressure, only likes answering questions. When I play on her team, I resign myself to not winning and just go along for the ride, lol, no point stressing. If insane to win, I play on a different team!

Hello Lifejacket, you're terribly sensible, I'm just disappointed for the three of us who've worked so hard, there's a lack of communication from 2 of the members, and the 3rd is 'just too busy, guys'.

I think you've made some really valid points, I didn't really know how to use the forum, but I'm learning. It's quite difficult to recruit, this is the third time we've been let down. I shall take your advice and sort this out.
    TY so much.

Hello Mishy, I've asked the views of the great co-op members and I've given the others another warning now. One of several in past few weeks.
    I think if we are achieving 6400 plus score, with just 3 of us doing 16 x 135 tasks, then the freelaoders are no great loss. It's such a shame we can't amalgamate good co-ops. TY so much for your kindness, I'm not usually this furious, just felt taken advantage of x

Kick them out prior to rewards being collected and move on with the contributing members. You are stress free and free of the dead weight.

If your co-op is still set up as Open, change it to by request only. Freeloaders love the open co-op! In your co-op description, indicate the minimum number of tasks you want.

TY, I didn't realise this. Appreciate the info.

A good suggestion, ty so much.