Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly B.S.!!!!

2 moves it is; thanks for the clarification Nataly.

Sometimes was more than 2 moves and i reported it long time ago. Now on higher levels i do not have this issue so i am not reporting it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Loney View Post
    All of the collectible items should be visible long before my last move.
    Besides butterflies, how about the levels where you need to collect e.g. 40 acorns and you're lucky if 20 have appeared before you run out of moves?

Speaking of impossible to beat levels, I just recently ran into a level that ended because there were no moves possible... it was around #450, with a bunch of honey jars and teleports that send pieces in a loop at the sides... the sides only fill by teleport, and only the middle drops new pieces... well, I managed to get honey clogging all but about 4-5 spaces where new pieces would drop, wound up making useless moves at the sides because they were the only ones possible, until about half the board was just empty, and there were not enough pieces and available spaces left to make a viable move... cue the "reshuffling" over and over until the game gave up and stopped the level.

I agree with the butterfly issue along with the honey issue. Collect them even though it can take 3 moves before they appear. I've even spent $5 worth of more moves at a time to be able to collect even though there were no butterflies on the board, nor was there any honey or even makes moves by the honey maker. It is an actual issue, if you need more, and there's none on the board and it takes many moves before they appear, how is that logically possible to finish in the amount of moves? I always go for the butterflies or honey first, trying to make sure they are taken care of first, but if they don't show up for many moves, then the point is moot.

I personally like think it's fine the way it is, but I see where y'all are coming from.
    The idea is good in theory, but more than 4 butterflies on the board simultaneously is a nightmare, and too many acorns can break the level.

How would you implement it while keeping the board playable?

I wanna apologize to you Honor for what and how I responded to your comment. I was upset and my attitude was less than complimentary. You were simply trying to get enough info to help me out and I want to thank you. I will strive to do better in any future posts. Have a great day.

I wanna apologize to you Honor for what and how I responded to your comment. I was upset and my attitude was less than complimentary. You were simply trying to get enough info to help me out and I want to thank you. I will strive to do better in any future posts. Have a great day.
    And this just made my day better. There's hope for the world after all!

It's all good

Level 1094 is another level I'm experiencing the butterfly effect. It's happened twice now just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    How would you implement it while keeping the board playable?
    Don't take so many moves between clearing something and more of it showing up? It's entirely possible on levels with two butterfly spawners to clear both butterflies and then have to waste several turns before more show up...

"Collect acorn" levels are even easier... it's not that easy to totally overload the level with acorns to the point that it is not playable. If there are many acorns and no moves, the game will reshuffle and chances are the possible move(s) thus generated will remove acorns. The problem levels are the ones when you need to remove an average of several acorns per turn, and there aren't enough acorns to do so unless you have an explosive larger than a firecracker. Those tend to be "dumb luck" levels where all you can do is hope the RNG gives you drops that let you make TNT.