Thread: Are Sockpuppets Allowed?

Are Sockpuppets Allowed?

A person joined our co-op AFTER the current regatta began. But, they show up in the regatta stats list all greyed out. To clarify: click on Regatta then Statistics button to see how many tasks participants have done & points is the stats list that new member's name shows up on.

This member shows up as 'not participating' in the regatta in the main co-op membership list that anyone can see.

I suspect that one of our participating members has a sockpuppet as they have the same game behavior and sound (read) the same.
    If they have 2 identities on the same computer would this cause this situation? It's the first and only thought that comes to mind.

I, the leader, and the co-leader can see this person in our list.

Questions:
    1. why would a non-participating member who never joined the regatta show up in the Regatta participants stats list?
    2. are sockpuppets allowed?
    3. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Don't worry, although they show up on the statistics screen they don't count towards your stats and have no impact on your regatta.

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    I suspect that one of our participating members has a sockpuppet as they have the same game behavior and sound (read) the same.
    If they have 2 identities on the same computer would this cause this situation? It's the first and only thought that comes to mind.

I, the leader, and the co-leader can see this person in our list.

Questions:
    1. why would a non-participating member who never joined the regatta show up in the Regatta participants stats list?
    2. are sockpuppets allowed?
    3. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
    Please read the "Loss and progress of items" section in help

I doubt, that one player has two identities on one device, he can however have two of them on two devices

I wonder why a member of your coop should do this without talking about it. It's called a ccop because people co-operate and don't work against each other. You as the leader should make this clear to your members