Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st and 2nd place Scoring in Regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Garcia View Post
    So basically what it all comes down to is finishing tasks faster than other teams and not getting finished with perfect score before other teams. Right! So basically any team can start three days later than your team use tcash and even though you finished first they will make first place because they paid there way through! Wow that should say who #1 really is !! The ones who actually did there tasks should win instead of the ones who paid there way through!
    Yes, it comes down to who finishes faster, not who finishes first. But I'd say it's a question of minutes, not days. Once a co-op takes their first task, they are placed in a group and their timer is running. If you want to prepare for 2 days, you must only dump and not start a task.

I've not done many solo races, but in my experience it takes an hour max to fill up a regatta group. Just keep an eye on your group right from the start and see how long it takes for all the teams to appear.

So basically what it all comes down to is finishing tasks faster than other teams and not getting finished with perfect score before other teams. Right! So basically any team can start three days later than your team use tcash and even though you finished first they will make first place because they paid there way through! Wow that should say who #1 really is !! The ones who actually did there tasks should win instead of the ones who paid there way through!
    I would say it's about finishing takes faster than other teams AND getting a perfect score. It would be different if your co-op was a bit bigger but with a co-op of 10 you will always get competitors from time who can do 16x135.

I agree with Liz, certainly for solo coops you seem to be placed with people who start about the same time. About an hour after you,have taken your first task your race group will be full.
    I have only done about 5 races in the golden league but I thought there was a trend that the later you,stared the more competitive the group as you will be put in a group who,have all been prepping for several days.
    So here is my statistically insignificant survey......
    Start Tuesday, minimal prepping, winner takes 48 hours to get 2160
    Start Weds, winner takes 24 hours to get 2160
    Start Thursday, winners took less than 12 hours to get 2160

I think you may have missed what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    I should add, regarding completing tasks immediately, that between factory upgrades and boosters, you can get a lot done without T-cash.
    T-cash or not, there are a lot of strategies to move quickly and effectively. Many fast racers only use Tcash on permanent upgrades and an extra regatta task each week, almost never speeding things up with cash directly. For those who maximize these kinds of efforts and get the same amount of points in less racing time... well, that sounds like the correct winner to me. It's certainly frustrating when you did work so hard, but the outcome is logical, in my humble opinion.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Hello Rachel, I am promising myself that this will be the last time I respond to a post like yours but it really gets my back up when people who lose a regatta decide that the teams that beat them must have "paid there way through." I race solo and win most of the time. Except for paying for the 16th task I have never spent any money, much less "paid my way through." Proper preparation is what wins. It takes you a lot further than throwing a lot of money at the game. Since it is not necessary to spend money to win, in my mind, if people want to spend their money, I don't care. If the people I race against are spending money they have wasted it because they do not win.

Also, saying, "what it all comes down to is finishing tasks faster than other teams and not getting finished with perfect score before other teams, right!" No, wrong, and you are just confusing the issue. The team with the highest score wins. If there are two teams with the same score the team who got there the quickest wins. In many races, especially the ones who have the solo racers, everyone in the top 3 has a perfect score. All of them began at different times. Who do you think should win? The person who got there the quickest winning sounds ultimately fair to me.

I hope that this clarifies some things for you. Happy racing.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rose; 07-10-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Township level: 119
    Zoo level: 31
    Town: La ville de Ronnie
    Friend Code: 94437W
    IOS: iPad Pro