Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st and 2nd place Scoring in Regatta

1st and 2nd place Scoring in Regatta

Regatta two weeks ago, 27 players racing, came in 2nd Golden League, standing at 276 (+121 from previous week), dumped tasks 1241
    Regatta this past week, 25 players racing, came in 1st Golden League, standing at 409 (-133 from previous week), dumped tasks 960

Can someone please explain why my coop lost points for winning 1st place?

Hi Susieque

Because finishing first is irrelevant. What is important is the average number of points you manage in the race. Another point to consider is your latest average compared to the one you replace from 5 weeks ago. If your current average is lower then the oldest one, you loose rank in the Global Leaderboard as they take the last 4 weeks into accounts.

There are only 12 points difference between finishing 1st and 2nd. You average points per member, co-op size bonus and average tasks dumped per member will have a bigger impact on your score. Looking at the information in your post the likely reasons that you have dropped down the leader board, as Graylady said, are that you took lower value tasks or you had a high score 5 weeks ago which has now dropped off your last 4 week's points.

Finishing first isn't that irrellevant. When you come in first your bonus will be 50 points. Coming in second gives you a bonus of 38 points.

A difference of 12 as I said above. The point I was making is that there are other factors that had a bigger impact in this case. For co-ops interested in their GLB position, race placing, task value and dump rate must all be managed carefully and you cannot disregard any of them.

Me and my co-op Chickenlittle Ville (tag # CH2NPK) just finished racing and we finished with a perfect score. And the like 20 min later the other co-op finished with perfect score! Why did they go right passed us and take first place if we finished first!! From what I understand the team who finishes with perfect score first , will take 1st place , so they should have taken second! I do not think that is fair , my team worked so hard to finish first and then we watch the other team just go right passed us! So can you tell me why that happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Garcia View Post
    Me and my co-op Chickenlittle Ville (tag # CH2NPK) just finished racing and we finished with a perfect score. And the like 20 min later the other co-op finished with perfect score! Why did they go right passed us and take first place if we finished first!! From what I understand the team who finishes with perfect score first , will take 1st place , so they should have taken second! I do not think that is fair , my team worked so hard to finish first and then we watch the other team just go right passed us! So can you tell me why that happened!
    It's not about who finishes first but which team uses the least time. They may have not started "racing" until all 12 tasks on the board were perfect points and ready to be completed immediately, which could take a day or two (which is a day or two your team may have been racing, thus have longer performance time). I should add, regarding completing tasks immediately, that between factory upgrades and boosters, you can get a lot done without T-cash.

Us I do understand what you are saying, but they were on the board around the same time we were racing, so I'm pretty sure they had about the same performance time that we did. And yes I know tcash can get a lot done , but this time we had about the same performance time and we finished first, so I think my co-op deserves to be first!

You say the other co-op was on the board "around the same time". Did you check that right at the beginning of the race? In my experience it can take up to an hour for the regatta group to be filled with all teams. If they came in 30 minutes after you, they would win finishing 20 minutes later than you, because they took 10 minutes less time to complete all tasks.

So basically what it all comes down to is finishing tasks faster than other teams and not getting finished with perfect score before other teams. Right! So basically any team can start three days later than your team use tcash and even though you finished first they will make first place because they paid there way through! Wow that should say who #1 really is !! The ones who actually did there tasks should win instead of the ones who paid there way through!