Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Fire/Amazon App Store Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kindle Fire/Amazon App Store Issue

I play Township on a Kindle Fire, 10" ( Fire OS version 5.4.0.0 ). When the game loads up, the Amazon Appstore also connects - for their "Amazon GameCircle" thing. However, sometimes, despite getting the little icon that shows it has connected, I get an error message that says it can't connect to the Appstore, that its required, and then it shuts down the game and *proceeds to open the Appstore it claims I don't have installed*. I tried telling Amazon about this in their forum - it went ignored.

In an average week, this happens once or twice a day. Help? I've uninstalled & reinstalled the game - it doesn't help.
    Last edited by Michelle Barboza-Campbell; 07-02-2017 at 07:46 AM.

I am sure Amazon has a customer service you can contact. I have read posts from Kindle users mentioning they were helped that way. For the most part, forums are for users helping other users. They rarely are a customer service.

I play on kindle and it does the same thing, even with gardenscapes. You can contact amazon and someone there can help and explain to you. You can also trying to clean out your cache as it helps some.

We also had this problem with my daughter's little Kindle Fire after this update. I closed out Township, then shut down the tablet and turned it back on. That seemed to fix the issue. Shortly after (maybe next day?) she was prompted to update again. We did so and things continued to work normally.

My kindle fire does the same thing several times a day with at least three different games. Sometimes it gets in a circle where it goes to the app store then back to game then right back to app store again. I then shut the tablet down and it's ok for a little while. Nothing I have tried has stopped it. Just glad I am not alone. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I tried clearing the cache, history, app data - all to no avail - keeps happening. Shutting down/restarting doesn't help. Next time I log in, it does it again. Then next one or two times it's fine and then it does it again. I can try to contact Amazon's customer service - contact w/them on other issues ( not related to this game ) has not been all that helpful. Thanks again.

I have been for a long time in the habit of putting my Kindle device to "sleep" while Township is running.

The last couple of days though, I've been getting into the habit of hitting the "back" button, then "yes" on "Do you really want to quit the game?" before putting the device to sleep.

At least today, so far that has helped with this problem.

I contacted Amazon by email for help with my App store issue. They responded within a few hours with written instructions to follow to fix my problem. I easily followed the instructions and so far have not had the problem return.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra KD View Post
    I contacted Amazon by email for help with my App store issue. They responded within a few hours with written instructions to follow to fix my problem. I easily followed the instructions and so far have not had the problem return.
    Hi Debra, would it be possible to post the instructions you got from Amazon. I, and others are still having the same problem and so far, no success with trying to get a response from Amazon. Many thanks

Can you share those instructions, please

Quote Originally Posted by Debra KD View Post