Thread: Township Affliction

Township Affliction

I have a pair of plastic hands and a phone case that acts as a stand to hold my Android phone. Still, my hands get tired and my phone gets hot. Anyone else have this Township induced affliction? Please share your remedies here. I have to put my phone down, turn it off, and let it cool down. But I last about 10 minutes before withdrawal sets in. What am I supposed to do? Signed, Hopelessly afflicted.
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

LOL Disa, I hear you.

I had to get a portable charger recently because Township and the resulting heat drains my iPhone so so fast. I guess it boils down to how much data the game consumes to run all of its animations, townies, etc. in the background when you play (and if you have notifications on it's probably worse). Wish there was an in-game option to toggle town movement/activity on or off.

Some recommend getting a new phone battery or charger cord as the old ones might be faulty and making the issue worse. Apparently, there are also phone cases that keep the phone cool. I've been trying to find a decent one.
    Last edited by Amoria; 07-01-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I alternated between my iPhone and iPad lol
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    LOL Disa, I hear you.

I had to get a portable charger recently because Township and the resulting heat drains my iPhone so so fast. I guess it boils down to how much data the game consumes to run all of its animations, townies, etc. in the background when you play (and if you have notifications on it's probably worse). Wish there was an in-game option to toggle town movement/activity on or off.

Some recommend getting a new phone battery or charger cord as the old ones might be faulty and making the issue worse. Apparently, there are also phone cases that keep the phone cool. I've been trying to find a decent one.
    Like the idea of built in cooler in phone case. I have a laptop cooler that I can put my phone on too. That helps A LOT! The real issue is, though, why do I play TS so long it boils my battery! Did somebody YELL, "PUT THE GAME DOWN!!!" No? Oh good, just the voices in my head......didn't you need help in your plane, Amoria? Gotta run take care of that!
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

Yes, the one thing I dislike it's how battery hungry the game is.

I play on my Kindle. I can't stand trying to play a game on a tiny little phone screen.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015