Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn off "hints" during games

Turn off "hints" during games

I would love the opportunity to toggle the in game hints on and off. Sometimes the hints are really useful, and other times they are a wasted move. Is this possible?

~~JoanneQ

I often like to see what the game suggest as a move. Most of the time it's an incredibly foolish move that I would never make, but every once in a blue moon (usually on levels that involve iced and chained fruit) it shows me a power-up match that I just didn't see at all. In those rare occurrences I am thankful for it.

Do you find it distracting? Are you uncontrollably drawn to make the match it's suggesting? I'd be interested to know why you would rather turn it off than just choose to ignore it.

I agree with Obtuse, the hints just pop up if you take too long to make a move, and it is entirely your choice whether to follow the hint or do something else.
    I find the hints to be most helpful because:
    - In timed levels they help me out of a brain block
    - they always reveal when you can make bombs, in order of most devastating
    - they only show 3-matches when bomb-making matches are not available

Of course the hints don't make the best choices, that is because it is a computer and it makes fast algorithm decisions, not savvy human ones. You do not have to follow the computer, but you should still be able to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Mage View Post
    - In timed levels they help me out of a brain block
    - they always reveal when you can make bombs, in order of most devastating
    - they only show 3-matches when bomb-making matches are not available
    All three of these points are bang on perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneQ View Post
    I would love the opportunity to toggle the in game hints on and off. Sometimes the hints are really useful, and other times they are a wasted move. Is this possible?
    I would also love to have this option!!
    Note that i said OPTION. People who find it useful, they can keep it on and enjoy it; people who dont like it, can turn it off. And there's always the option to switch it back on if a level is particularly challenging and you think that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Do you find it distracting? Are you uncontrollably drawn to make the match it's suggesting? I'd be interested to know why you would rather turn it off than just choose to ignore it.
    I for one find it distracting more than anything. If there's no match for an explosive, 90% of the time suggests a bad move - usually the first possible move while scanning from the top left corner (from what i've observed). And for the more difficult levels (>1000) i take my time to plan my next moves, and when the suggested pieces start to move, i usually swap some pieces (same type) to make it stop, and more than once i made an even worse move by mistake..

So i would definitely want the option to switch hints off!

Please allow the “hint” option to be disabled

Sometimes I multitask while I play Garden and Homescapes. I would prefer not to have any hints. Also, the hints come to quickly in Homescapes. Thank you

I agree that an option to turn on/off hints would be great! There was another discussion about this in this thread, if you want to check it out.

I agree with those who would like the option of switching hints off or on. They are extremely distracting--sometimes that is all I see on the screen and I just go with it to get it to go away. There are times we need an extra long time to review the board in order to make the best move and it can't be done with the distraction of those bouncing, throbbing pieces in our face!

Immediate Move prompt

It would be very much better to have a way to turn off the feature where the game prompts you to do a certain move right after you made a move. It is extremely distracting and the suggested move is usually pointless.
    I am able to figure out my next move without the game promoting one instantly. I’d like to turn it off please. Makes playing a lot less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhobbit View Post
    It is extremely distracting and the suggested move is usually pointless.
    Well, I have the feeling, that this is exactly, why they suggest these moves. After all, this game's a business for people working at playrix.