Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate/Adult ads [Merged]

Inappropriate/Adult ads [Merged]

One of the ads which plays for earning rewards in helicopter task is inappropriate. It shows girls posing suggestively, asking us to chat with them and the background song contains sexual content. It's absolutely indecent. There are kids who plays this game. I wrote twice to Playrix but nothing was done. Do I have to endure it or is there another option?

I have no clue. I'm upset about another ad for a WWII game called 'My war'. As a German I can't imagine why anyone would name a war game with the forbidden book of Hitler. In German it's 'Mein Kampf' which could be translated with 'my fight' but still very similar.

I don't wanna check the content, alone with the name I wouldn't allow the app to be in Google Store :/
    Last edited by Landwüst; 06-28-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Inappropriate advertisement

I just chose to watch a video to receive a township dollar. To my very uncomfortable dismay it was an advertisement for a FPS snipper game. Now I couldn’t careless about these types of games however I know my 5 year old son has this game as well. And thinking that he may see that advertisement it makes me not want him playing the game. It also makes me wonder, how many other children’s games advertise games that are rated 17+. I’m not trying to be negative. I think my concerns are very valid. Anyone else out the share my opinion?

Yes, I’ve seen to ads that were so violent, it turned my stomach — and I’m no prude, or anything. But celebrating headshots, and gore flying around? No. Not appropriate to the target audience of a farming game. I reported both of them.
    Last edited by Betsy; 02-15-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Corrected verb tense.

death day

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
    Yes, I’ve seen to ads that were so violent, it turned my stomach — and I’m no prude, or anything. But celebrating headshots, and gore flying around? No. Not appropriate to the target audience of a farming game. I reported both of them.
    and I was just subjected to an advert for Death Day - something that I found very inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Stomski View Post
    It also makes me wonder, how many other children’s games advertise games that are rated 17+
    Township is not a childrens game and if you don't want to see an ad, don't watch it. Watching the ad doesn't mean you have to buy what is advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT_LFC View Post
    Township is not a childrens game and if you don't want to see an ad, don't watch it. Watching the ad doesn't mean you have to buy what is advertised.
    Township is not "a children's game", but it's definitely designed with the possibility that children will play it in mind.

People watch the ad to earn T-cash, an act encouraged by the developers (obviously, or the video watching wouldn't even be an option). There is no way to know what ad will play when you hit the watch button.

Additionally, there is a reason there is a way to report video ads provided, and this thread is it.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by JPT_LFC View Post
    According to the Google Play Store, Township is rated "E" for Everyone. In the Apple App Store, it is rated for ages 4+. So it is considered a children's game by Playrix.

Director Ad Content Inappropriate

The newest ads for STARZ that are played by the director on township are inappropiate for a family game. They r violent, bloody, and grusome. Think the marketing team should screen the ads before putting them on the game. Thank you

Please report this from within your game. That is the surest way Playrix will see your comment. As they use an ad provider, they are not aware of all of them.