Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips (Original Zoo Edition)

I use zoo to store unfinished snowman, cake and cars exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveschin View Post
    I was bored the other night and started playing around with my zoo. Before I realized it I had spent over 400,000 coins. Those baobab and jacarana trees are expensive.

I don't really have a tip. Im still at the early stage so I haven't really learned anything yet. I guess I would just say that if you are going to open your zoo it will really eat into your town development if you are serious about it. It takes a lot of gems which will hurt your power ups ( or whatever they call them) and any enclosures after the first few will really eat into your building materials and land expansion.

Bottom line is something has to give. If you really want to be serious about building your zoo be prapared for your town development to slow down, perhaps considerably.
    So I had read a lot about the zoo, or not getting one when you're still young in the game. I have even read to get it when you're at least level 50 or higher. I'm currently at level 41 and though I decided to wait awhile to fix the zoo, I'm still itching to see what it's like lol. Curiosity. But your post made me realize to stick to my first decision and wait it out. Maybe if I had leveled up my factories then I'll reconsider and thread back to this forum lol
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

I've been playing for about a month now and am level 47 with a level 7 zoo. I'm unable to finish community buildings and increase my population. I now have 4 unfinished community buildings, can't open the 2nd foundry, can't get new crop fields or open the furniture factory because the zoo is using the same materials for its buildings (especially bricks). It's going to get worse because there's a new community building every level. I wish I would have came here sooner and taken the advise not to start the zoo.

I found the best way to make township cash is to fill other people's planes/trains and get clovers for the house of luck. You can win up to 20 cash, 4000 coins, building materials and other things on each chest selection. Between that and achievement cash, I save up 50 and buy five days of market vendor assistance. Every hour you can then request any product. This is extremely helpful in filling your planes and trains but I also do it to request ore and work on leveling my trains (my three are all level 12-13 already for 25-30% faster). If I don't need to use my hourly request on planes or trains, I use it to purchase hot items for the zoo. That levels it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jary View Post
    I'm currently at level 41 and though I decided to wait awhile to fix the zoo, I'm still itching to see what it's like lol. Curiosity.
    You can, of course, visit other people's zoos; did you think of that?
    if you do, don't forget to have a look in their zoo books with the animal names; some have put work - as in funny or good ideas - in there also. If someone has not discovered this, or just leaves the default names, it usually also shows in the rest.

btw, I opened up my zoo as soon as I could, cos I was curious :-) Also, I had seen a wonderful zoo via the Plane leaderboard (= high level) and wanted to try it out myself, I am a builder gamer - and never regretted it, cos I can work on it much better structured than in my town. Got through the first 7 or so levels quite fast, then had other prios, so it's sleeping at the moment. I find that a simple solution. :-)
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-28-2017 at 08:55 PM.

FYI Wenas, the zoo isn’t the reason you are struggling to progress. You should never have more than one building (that uses materials) under construction at a time. Doing so messes up the algorithm that controls which building materials you get in trains. It is actually much faster to progress doing them one by one. I suggest you finish what you have already started by whatever means you can. Once you are back to only one building part-built, you’ll start to move forward again as the game intends.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    FYI Wenas, the zoo isn’t the reason you are struggling to progress. You should never have more than one building (that uses materials) under construction at a time. Doing so messes up the algorithm that controls which building materials you get in trains. It is actually much faster to progress doing them one by one. I suggest you finish what you have already started by whatever means you can. Once you are back to only one building part-built, you’ll start to move forward again as the game intends.
    That is excellent to know, thank you! I'm kind of screwed for awhile then until I can clear some of these unfinished buildings out and then I can go to one at a time.

I’ve done it myself, Wenas.. (twice, cos second time, after I knew better, I forgot zoo enclosures took materials also). Had to spend Tcash to get untangled.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff

My advice would be to either build the zoo early, or only after you've built all CB's.

If you build the zoo early, beeline it to lvl 12 and max out the animals and shops. You'll have a zoo that's pretty well equipped to handle zoo regatta tasks. You could pretty much keep it in that state from that point on, and focus on CB's again.

Or you could be me, be addicted to the place, and develop it full on. But you'll lapse behind in CB's if you do.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

I’m finding level 10, with 4 ships each with 5/6/7 baskets is plenty for fast zoo tasks. But I only do zoo or mystery tasks when I have milk, carrots, strawberries or similar on hot, which is most of the time. Never had a zoo take more than 2/3 hours to do.
    IMPORTANT:

Ask any one player and their experience will be different

Perhaps we should say: "somewhere between lvl 10 and 14 is sufficient for speedy regatta zoo task completion"?
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE