Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips (Original Zoo Edition)

Depends on one's definition of speedy. The lvl 16 zoo has 8*2+2*7+5=35 boxes to sell stuff. That's double of what zoo lvl 10 has. Not to mention 5 hot goods instead of 3, which raises your chances to actually pick it for hot products task. And that you can claw your way out of an unfortunate mystery zoo task
    Last edited by Stan0; 10-04-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

I begun with the zoo as soon as it was possible, but it appeared quickly that I could not at the same time expand my town, build factories, etc... Moreover it was so long to get anything in the zoo, that I was bored with it. So I decided to wait and focus on the town: building factories, expanding lands and barn, decorating, etc...

Then around level 100 in town, I returned to zoo and slowly improved it, each time I got a free zoo booster, and trying to do regatta zoo tasks whenever they come, consequently I have almost always the right number of tools, the right number of gems to do enclosures and get the animals. And the shops expand also regularly this way. I do most of the time hearts expansion, and just began last week with coins expansions, I do not do basket expansions, since most of the time I cannot fill all the baskets when products are long to produce.

And for some weeks, zoo is really fun to do, plenty of decorations, plenty of way to put this here and that there, taking some ideas from other zoos too, moving decorations, changing the roads, etc... That's no advice, just the way I deal with zoo at the moment. But, above all, what I've learned in Township ist that you have always to adapt your strategy as time goes on.

I forgot to mention that while doing zoo regatta tasks, I take them when products are quick to produce, so that the task will not last ages. But, on the contrary, outside of the regatta, I put more long products so that the rewards are better.

And also I always expand zoo land, as soon as I have enough tools to do it, that way I have always place for the next family. And I never speed up anything in zoo (excepted maybe during a regatta, but that is another story ).
    Last edited by Migatown; 11-04-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Township Marinella
    Mac platform: Marinella co-op
    iOS platform: Hop Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Stan0 View Post
    Depends on one's definition of speedy. The lvl 16 zoo has 8*2+2*7+5=35 boxes to sell stuff. That's double of what zoo lvl 10 has. Not to mention 5 hot goods instead of 3, which raises your chances to actually pick it for hot products task. And that you can claw your way out of an unfortunate mystery zoo task
    I'm about to find out the power of a lvl 20 zoo with a restaurant, soon, once the scaffolding is done. Last regatta week with my zoo at lvl 19 7 out of my 16 tasks were zoo tasks. The synergy of leveling your zoo with racing in the regatta is actually pretty sweet, I think.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

Quote Originally Posted by Migatown View Post
    Then around level 100 in town, I returned to zoo and slowly improved it... I do most of the time hearts expansion, and just began last week with coins expansions, I do not do basket expansions, since most of the time I cannot fill all the baskets when products are long to produce.

And for some weeks, zoo is really fun to do, plenty of decorations, plenty of way to put this here and that there

I forgot to mention that while doing zoo regatta tasks, I take them when products are quick to produce, so that the task will not last ages. But, on the contrary, outside of the regatta, I put more long products so that the rewards are better.
    Migatown, I really enjoyed reading your whole post. Though we know sometimes the zoo can be "slow and painful" eventually it pays off. Our creative side can really shine in the zoo too... I waited a while too, and really went back to the zoo when Regatta started with those Hot Products. I mean pretty easy when you are doing milk, strawberries, etc., it can be an easy/fast 135 task to complete. If I had one "grip" (and not much of one, as I can spend a lot of time just watching my townies walking around and enjoying the zoo), would be that I just wish our gifts we get after production, would just be items we need for the zoo (including gems of course), but hinges, screwdrivers, etc. But again, really not complaining, because I have really enjoyed developing my zoo
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I still feel super new to the zoo (level 10), and would love to hear as much general advice as you can give me (and everyone). So, I thought I would start a zoo-only edition of the super popular thread in the general forum.

So, what is your best advice for someone who is just opening or considering opening the zoo? What do you wish you knew when you started?

I'll contribute a few that I've learned already!

**Waiting to open the zoo. I was about level 58, and done with community buildings (for now). More specifically I waited until I was able to buy my third foundry. I tried building a community building a few days ago for kicks, but it really messed up my zoo game. Wait if you can!

**Don't collect coins/points until you have a replacement product to put in the basket. This way you'll always have the notification bubble above the zoo to remind you of empty baskets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveschin View Post
    I was bored the other night and started playing around with my zoo. Before I realized it I had spent over 400,000 coins. Those baobab and jacarana trees are expensive.

I don't really have a tip. Im still at the early stage so I haven't really learned anything yet. I guess I would just say that if you are going to open your zoo it will really eat into your town development if you are serious about it. It takes a lot of gems which will hurt your power ups ( or whatever they call them) and any enclosures after the first few will really eat into your building materials and land expansion.

Bottom line is something has to give. If you really want to be serious about building your zoo be prapared for your town development to slow down, perhaps considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by jary View Post
    So I had read a lot about the zoo, or not getting one when you're still young in the game. I have even read to get it when you're at least level 50 or higher. I'm currently at level 41 and though I decided to wait awhile to fix the zoo, I'm still itching to see what it's like lol. Curiosity. But your post made me realize to stick to my first decision and wait it out. Maybe if I had leveled up my factories then I'll reconsider and thread back to this forum lol
    I have tried to emphasize this outside zoo topics, but you all nailed it here. I cannot emphasize these more or said it better. Speaking as a user who waited until 48 and FINALLY at L 58 caught up and wished I waited until L 58, I found this out the hard way. If you don't have the abbility to "throw away" hundreds of thousands, or many tens of thousands at minimum, you may not be ready for the investment building up all those cages and building are, let alone any decorations.
    The Zoo for all practical purposes is a mini town; and that includes all the costs, jewels and other resources needed to expand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasallee View Post
    You will get very bored very quickly because now you need to expand more land! Enhance your zoo as you go. Add trees and decor which you will move a hundred times as you go, but might as well make it pretty while you work. It is a long process which it seems most get mad at. Just get mad about it! I moaned and complained for at least 20 levels before I really felt it! Get inspired with your zoo! It can be amazing! #KSMCP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Not to get this too off-topic, (and maybe add another tip haha), eventually you can make up most if not all the gems if you get serious about selling products in upgraded shops. But yes, the main point of your post is very true.
    Absolutely agree!
    Sometimes I just buy/win "regular, not Zoo" decorations and place them in the zoo spaces I have that don't seem practical to expand to make shops or animal enclosures based on what is currently around it or the zoo borders. So far I have put a baseball field, a two water towers surrounding the field once on each side, and a snowboarding cow there (the last one along with zoo statues as my "parkland art zone" with specialty flooring different than the other areas, because, why not? ) Should I eventually run out of zoo space, I'm sure the more rapidly leveling township can find the room for transfers, but that is not a problem so far with all the *&^%&* hedge clippers and thus land expansions the shops gave me and now I have done.

Maybe I'm the only one with the dumb luck at Zoo L 12, but, if I get gems at all, I seem to frequently get Yellow and purple gems (Topaz and Amethyst,) rarely Green Gems (Emerald,) and damn lucky when a Red (Ruby) one pops up. Not sure if rewards get better if I further upgrade the shops and/or the zoo to higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    My advice would be to either build the zoo early, or only after you've built all CB's.

If you build the zoo early, beeline it to lvl 12 and max out the animals and shops. You'll have a zoo that's pretty well equipped to handle zoo regatta tasks. You could pretty much keep it in that state from that point on, and focus on CB's again.

Or you could be me, be addicted to the place, and develop it full on. But you'll lapse behind in CB's if you do.
    I'm still suggesting holding out, but if/when you start to make your zoo L 12 ASAP. I'd suggest a minimum four baskets (if not more) for your first two shops if you are going to do regatta hot product tasks. Do whatever "simple" hot products continuously you can in regards to baskets for shops three on until you hit L 14 since I can't yet comment on the Gift shop dynamics doing the L 12 thing but not yet hitting, but being close to Zoo L 14, but can for every other shop and successfully and reasonably participating in regatta tasks from Zoo L 10+.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    Ask any one player and their experience will be different

Perhaps we should say: "somewhere between lvl 10 and 14 is sufficient for speedy regatta zoo task completion"?

Depending on your forcasting and pipeline product placing, that sounds like a good idea.
    And if you have no idea what I just typed, wait until 14

Getting to Zoo Level 16 however, is a task in itself.Getting to 12 was not too bad but required constant zoo check ins for me.

I use zoo to store unfinished snowman, cake and cars exhibition.
    Dagnabbit! Why didn't *I* think of that for the upgrading decorations also?! Thank you Stan0! Moving them ASAP! Well, maybe not the cars cause each car is whole and cool looking but I got a level or two still before that starts....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Migatown, I really enjoyed reading your whole post. Though we know sometimes the zoo can be "slow and painful" eventually it pays off. Our creative side can really shine in the zoo too... I waited a while too, and really went back to the zoo when Regatta started with those Hot Products. I mean pretty easy when you are doing milk, strawberries, etc., it can be an easy/fast 135 task to complete. If I had one "grip" (and not much of one, as I can spend a lot of time just watching my townies walking around and enjoying the zoo), would be that I just wish our gifts we get after production, would just be items we need for the zoo (including gems of course), but hinges, screwdrivers, etc. But again, really not complaining, because I have really enjoyed developing my zoo
    Why don't I close with, no matter how you do your Zoo, HAVE FUN WITH IT!

o meu problema é que toda vez que eu estou indo bem no meu zoológico, quando volto sumiu tudo. já obtive a informação de que é porque minha net cai. re4almente não sei a potência necessária para jogar o jogo completo a cidade e o zoológico. por favor me ajudem.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned. I've never really cared about the zoo, but recently I decided to level up my zoo to get some of the trees. So I sold bunch of products, paying attention to the speed of experience growth by taking advantage of hot requested items as well as booster. In doing so I've noticed something; Just because an item stated to give a lot of hearts, doesn't mean selling that particular item would give the most efficient result.

For example, right now the hot product in my snack bar is tomatoes. I've activated my booster as well, so it would give me 12 hearts. That numbers don't look too exciting, so I've been ignoring it in favor of grape jelly, which give 36 hearts. But later on I didn't feel my progress is fast enough to worth the booster. That's when I look at the product list again and this time I realized, that selling tomatoes that worth 12 hearts within half an hour would be a faster option than selling grape jelly worth 36 hearts within three hours.

So in conclusion, if like me you want to level up as quickly as possible, aside from the heart points, you should also consider the selling time it takes. Of course this method would only be effective if you're able to constantly stay on the game or at least check them within the required time. If you're busy and don't have the time to be constantly playing then it just would be a waste of booster.
    Jollyfield, Windows phone
    33RR8S

Im not sure this is a tip, but I just worked out if you leave a heart sitting in a basket at your zoo shop, the people stay milling about your shop.

This made me happy to keep them animated, especially the petting zoo so the horse, goat, bunny etc are always there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Prioritize the shops over the animals... so first build and tune up the shops as fast as you can since they will be a major source of gems and supplies.
    Excellent advice. Wish I’d read this when I was starting up my zoo.

When I was just starting I loaded the fast products whether they were hot or not. When I was watching tv I just loaded corn & carrots every 15 minutes. Slow, but it helped get my shops to a more useful level. I opted to get more baskets first so I could load more carrots & corn
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

I started my zoo as soon as it could. Hiring Raya for 10 days and getting high priced Hot items gave the development of my zoo a boost.
    My tip? I upgraded the first 4 shops on hearts till 50 percent and 8 baskets. From the next shops the upgrade was focussen on coins.
    I did not buy the eightest shop and don't feel I miss that.
    I regret buying the koala enclosure, in real live these animals are hard to keep in a zoo because of their special diet.
    That made me decide not to buy every enclosure that appears at each new level, but select enclosures that are really valuable in a expierience park.
    It gives more room for decorations also

But as many players as many way to play this game
    ENJOY ZOOING!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android