Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level Disparity In Regatta

If you want to win first place the last thing you should be doing is taking planes/trains. Unless your going to push them with tcash. You dump and only take quick tasks. And you can also load your board Up with tasks before u select the first task, thus shortening your race time.

Great advice MelissaZS about loading the board with easy tasks. There's a silly little gremlin in my brain that kicks me when my finger hoovers over a 135 train, lol. Guess I need to cage that little critter. Thank you.

You're right, I definitely glossed over the effect on tiny co-ops. That is definitely an issue.

Maybe within each league, the individual races could be grouped by similar score & time finish from the last few regattas. Like heats at a track meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    I don’t know that I can add much to this. Most of what needs to be said has already been said. So, I can only say it in a different way. And this will be quite the wandering little post, for that is the way my brain works now.

The level of the players competing in a Regatta becomes more important the smaller the size of the Co-ops that are competing. I realize that is an assertion.

For example, do you really think a level 67 Co-op can win against a level 140 Co-op in a solo race? The level 140 Co-op should have all the speed upgrades done by this time. This assumes no one is spending money, for as Honor has said, money trumps all. I know as a solo racer, I always rejoice inside when I see that the highest level competitor is only in the 60’s. I like easy boring wins.

For the ones that are complaining that “It aint fair!”, let me offer you this comfort. The prizes you win in a Regatta suck so profusely, you aren’t missing anything even if you got smoked out of the top 3. An example is helpful here. You race solo and win 1st place. You spent 10 tcash buying the extra task. For first place, the top prize is 13 in tcash. You just won a net 3 tcash! Sweet!

It would be interesting to get the thoughts from big Co-ops who race and win consistently. There are two of these I know of who actually speak English and are having a modicum of success against the Russian and Chinese juggernaut on the Global leaderboard. This would be Debra’s “Helpers” and Danville’s “Givers Only Co-op” They are currently 20 and 21. In Giver’s Only Co-op (Hi Garvie!) there are players as low as 40’s that race. And yet they do it! It must be Regatta management, tactics, and strategy. That can overcome level in larger Co-op sizes.

This is a positive conversation and maybe from it, Playrix will make a tweak to the Regatta pairing algorithm. And when they do, it will probably outrage everyone when they see the effect. “Hey, that’s not fair!”

Since l've been asked I will give my 2cents worth. First off as a 30 member coop we are not concerned about time because we are seldom up against another coop that finishes all their tasks. Second, many of the big towns in our coop never do house of luck, and rarely do mines, helicopters or feed tasks as we try to save these easier tasks for smaller towns. For example, last race one bigger town in our coop did 13 train tasks, 2 rubber tasks and a table task. I did 7planes and three silks (among others). Our key to success (at least among other English speaking teams) is that we play as a team. As for how we can compete with the Russians, that's another issue!

PS, look out Helpers, we are moving up next week!
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 06-26-2017 at 08:09 PM.

I am very new in this game, like 3 weeks. I do enjoy this game but have found competition frustrating. I have let several co-op s because the level s do make a difference. For me, at a lower level ,I can be prepared and organized and I even used some of my own money to get more shelves ,so I could produce more produce,especially to get ready for planes and the regalias. There were two things I figured out right away. First, at the levels higher one Can produce item that give you more money and more experience points. Second, You have had the opportunity to increase your self space, Money given, Experience points, etc. from the lab. This Is Not mentioning the Other items that are gained as one moves up in levels. Again, I am new and not Here to start anything as I Do play to have fun. I also do like to help others. What the previous Member Said Does Make sense, I ddon't know how anyone can object to the logic of It. I Am surprized the developers ddidn't Cheryl Put those algerithums into the program. I have seen games lose players , which does mean money 💰 when certain levels come out winning all the time. One can't explain that one off as simply organization of strategic skills, no it can be called other things. I myself will keep playing as I have found a co up that I like. Thank u to the wonderful people on the co l.p. Named Christian.

Here's my gripe...you have 30 members...so 29 raced.. out of the 29, only 18 of us were doing tasks. The 11 did nothing. But reaped the rewards. Something should be done regarding the rewards, depending on the tasks,or help you did. Was sooo frustrated. I am thinking about leaving the co-op.but I might find out it's the same everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Laverne Balcaitis View Post
    Here's my gripe...you have 30 members...so 29 raced.. out of the 29, only 18 of us were doing tasks. The 11 did nothing. But reaped the rewards. Something should be done regarding the rewards, depending on the tasks,or help you did. Was sooo frustrated. I am thinking about leaving the co-op.but I might find out it's the same everywhere.
    Hi Laverne

This is leadership problem. A leader has to make sure every member know what is expected from them if they enter the regatta and what are the consequences for not following the rules. I believe every leader had to kick such players in every co-op at one time or another.

Laverne, every true highly competitive co-op requires all its racers to finish 16 high value tasks and will kick out anyone who fails to do so. If this is what you want, then go to the leaderboard on Mondays and look for a co-op that is either open or taking requests. There are always several looking to replace those who either want to take a break or can't do what is required of them. Or if that doesn't work, pm me and I will give you the name of one that you can join.

Quote Originally Posted by Laverne Balcaitis View Post
    Go to the threads advertising co-ops. Find one that requires you race or opt out and a minimum number of tasks you are comfortable with. Then go to the co-op and check out how helpful it is.(Later in the regatta is best) This worked for me.

Unfortunately the leader has not been active in quite sometime..I have got to know a small group in this co-op,so that is the only reason I have stayed.