Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquarium Event That Turns Into A Permanent Town Feature

Aquarium Event That Turns Into A Permanent Town Feature

Some time back, a few players floated the idea of adding an Aquarium to the Zoo or as a "zoo-like" feature to the Town. I'm a supporter of this idea.

And I have read how some players have spoken of how they want some events to remain a permanent part of the game.

This sparked an idea which I want to float out for comments by fellow Township players:

An aquarium building/filling event. The player begins as a scuba diver searching for particular kinds of fish to fill slots in an aquarium. As you fill slots, you gain points toward prizes or building bigger and better decorated aquarium tanks. Some fish and/or sea life can only be found by going deeper, which uses up your air tanks, so you need to resurface to refill tanks. This requires time and/or the purchase of fresh tanks (need to let Playrix get some profit as they do with other aspects of the game). Diving uses the same system as the mine. Plus there is the greater exploration feature which could be developed and add attraction to the event.

Aquarium becomes permanent part of game. The aquarium building could be to the left of the Zoo as you arrive by bus from the Town. Filling the aquarium during the event could become a permanent decoration to the Town next to the Zoo. To continue past the event, players keep the fish/sea life they have collected, but there is the option to keep exploring and finding new additions to the aquarium like the zoo itself. To go deeper still, the player might need to build a submarine after a while to enhance exploration.

Maybe it could be developed to be a world-wide exploration and collection part of the game, so we could take trains and plane to other seas to look for unique aquatic life -- turn the train station and airport into passenger terminals as well. And the submarine could use the same dock as the sailboat for the regatta.

As you can see, the options for expansion are quite plentiful and varied, giving long-time players new variety to the game, and giving Playrix all sorts of ways to make more money from dedicated players needing to expand their aquarium building activities!

What do my fellow players think?

One-Eye
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Sounds great IMO and wow, has quite some development, when going worldwide!

When you say "Diving uses the same system as the mine." it means I wouldn't have to try and fail as with that (for me) terrible fishing event?

Then I'd be all in favor(u)r of trying it, and others
    will have to find the contras.

Hopefully there's someone left at Playrix listening...

Love these ideas!

My only concern is that as Playrix has an aquarium-based game in Fishdom -- they might be reluctant to create a mini-game within Township that shares similar features. So there'd have to be a bit of a balancing act there, but hopefully one that can be worked out.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I see Fishdom as a match-3 game with an aquarium theme. What I propose is an explore & acquire mini-game. Mine-like but different that you don't keep going deeper indefinitely, but rather like the land-clearing event but with multiple levels, such as: snorkel, free dive, scuba, dive bell, submarine. On each level you can move in various directions to find any variety of life at those levels. The game gives you different goals, like filling the train or plane. The aquarium building, like the Zoo, will need different tanks for different categories of sea life. Like other aspects of the game, players find prizes or earn achievement points to buy enhancements.

Anyway, it could be a stand-alone game, and there are some like this no doubt, but I see this breathing new life into a great game with Playrix's quality of development.
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

I love this idea too! Thumbs up!
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    I see Fishdom as a match-3 game with an aquarium theme. What I propose is an explore & acquire mini-game. Mine-like but different that you don't keep going deeper indefinitely, but rather like the land-clearing event but with multiple levels, such as: snorkel, free dive, scuba, dive bell, submarine. On each level you can move in various directions to find any variety of life at those levels. The game gives you different goals, like filling the train or plane. The aquarium building, like the Zoo, will need different tanks for different categories of sea life. Like other aspects of the game, players find prizes or earn achievement points to buy enhancements.

Anyway, it could be a stand-alone game, and there are some like this no doubt, but I see this breathing new life into a great game with Playrix's quality of development.
    Thanks for fleshing it out in so much detail!

I've made it so that the "Aquarium/Marine Center" in the Frequently Suggested Ideas sticky links to your thread.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

This is a delightful idea and I hope they carry it out!
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post

I have thought about the aquarium and a reptile center... Perhaps they can start with a reptile building that we build and fill and see how different they can make it from Fishdom before they venture into the aquarium.

Inside the reptile center you go to a whole new screen.

Good idea.
    >^katZoo<
    Coop tag #KSMCP3
    Playing on iPad
    Paddle boats included with the FREE ZOO ADMISSION!

Oh that would be so much fun Kinda getting board with town it's finished just got the $$ to purchase a lot of goodies need more room Working on Zoo upgrade about once a month. So thankful we got the 3 new expansions..... Will start a Pirate them around the children's petting zoo area
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

I love the idea of an aquarium themed game. I was playing Fishdom but got stuck on a level and didn't enjoy it enough to spend money on boosters. I am completely addicted to Township however and am willing to spend a little when needed.
    I was thinking you could enhance an ocean themed game by building complex coral reefs and finding sunken treasure and artifacts from ship wrecks like the Titanic. You could collect shells, sea glass, and pearls. You could gather oysters and clams. Many possibilities to make it a fun part of the Township experience.