Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 05.12 Remaining Server Issues (Update 3.4.0.)

05.12 Remaining Server Issues (Update 3.4.0.)

Hi everyone!

We keep receiving requests from you concerning missing friends, "glitchy" friends' names and levels, issues with accessing your friends' towns, etc.

The Development Team is actively working to resolve all these issues and stabilize our servers as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, please:

1) Make sure that you and all your friends have the latest update installed.
    2) Try to reconnect the game to your Facebook account several times. It may do the trick, and your friends will be back.

In case you are 100% sure that all your missing friends have updated their games, but you still can't see them, please send us a request via the Report an Issue tab. It would be extra helpful if your missing friends could do the same.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience that these issues might have caused you. Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Our Team will keep you posted on the progress.
    - Liza.

malw77
    Hi,

I can't reply on the previous Server Problems thread, as it's been closed, so if Ralph, Pink, Graylady etc. see this, then I am on level 71, not level 9. I think I'm seeing most of you at your correct levels, apart from Pink who is on level 48, but I have a bunch of Google+ friends (light brown icons) right down at levels 3, 6, 9 etc., which is way lower than they should be. I get help from, mostly, Ralph, Goofy, CharlieSyd, and a few others (even Renata got through to help me a week or so ago!), but I'm still seeing quite a few friends in the help tab who don't actually need it. I also have a couple of friends with glitchy names. I think most seem to have updated, but I haven't tried to enter everyone's town yet, so can't be sure. Certainly everyone who I know is at the wrong level appears to have updated their game. Fingers crossed for a return to sanity real soon!

Mal

P.S. I don't think I'm missing any friends, just seeing some of them at the wrong levels.
    Last edited by malw77; 12-05-2015 at 04:39 PM.

SuzyD
    Hi Liza, so far I'm still in great shape, with my friends all back on my list (though I don't dare log out of FB right now, I'm too chicken ). I hope the same can happen for everyone else. If my friends got sorted after all these months, they can fix everybody -- fingers crossed.

I do have many friends who are at low levels, but I've always attributed that to people changing devices or such, since level 3 is where the tutorial leaves you, so you can then get back on track. Though, from comments of people here who are being seen at the low levels, that doesn't appear to always be the case.

Back to the old thread, the reason I posted the friend with the pumpkins who was requesting help, is that the pumpkins were all collected right after the Halloween event -- that this person still has them in the field means they haven't opened their game since then, and that they're requesting help is an impossibility (there were no trains). Somehow, in that instance, the servers are getting their wires crossed.

SuzyD

I get the feeling that your pumpkin friend is a ghost town exactly like my level 129 town that is still out there. The system seem to create a lot of these for whatever reason. It make it very hard to detect who is still playing or not.

If I had something similar in my friends I would "unfriend" that town as there are no way to recover the real level that person is up to.

Mal

You are still level 9 on my list. All the players showing at a lower level then the real one are from G+.

Renata

If you see this, I just received your gift so we are still connect
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    SuzyD

I get the feeling that your pumpkin friend is a ghost town exactly like my level 129 town that is still out there. The system seem to create a lot of these for whatever reason. It make it very hard to detect who is still playing or not.

If I had something similar in my friends I would "unfriend" that town as there are no way to recover the real level that person is up to.

Mal

You are still level 9 on my list. All the players showing at a lower level then the real one are from G+.

Renata

If you see this, I just received your gift so we are still connect
    Hi Graylady, that's a good thought -- the person wasn't actually my friend, they were on the Find Friends tab, and were on my Need Help tab for the full 8+hrs. That's the part that's screwy, why would it determine help was being requested from a game it hadn't updated (or that had really not been opened) in over a month.

Speaking of your own ghost town, I was excited to see that I had your real town on my Help Needed tab, so I hoped we were in sync again, but that was only because you had helped me previously, and so are also on my Recent Helpers tab -- twice.

Should I unfriend your 129 town?

Suzy

I'll delete you from my list, Delete me and use the New town to send me a request (it should have an invite button on my avatar). That is the only way you can get me back with the correct level.

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Liza

Forgot to mention that there is a great improvement with the help system. I finally can get help regularly (I was near invisible for a long time and could not get help. I received a LOT more requests too.

SuzyD
    Suzy

I'll delete you from my list, Delete me and use the New town to send me a request (it should have an invite button on my avatar). That is the only way you can get me back with the correct level.
    Done, and done. Though I hated to delete the snuggled-up kitty -- who would ever delete such a sweet girl?

SuzyD
    Suzy

Success! Thank you for your help Graylady, it's much appreciated.

I just wanted to let you know something odd -- a while back you posted about who can and can't see you, based, I'm sure, on very careful observation on your part. Neither of my games are linked to Google+, but I've been able to see your kitty since before we were friends (I saw your help in others' games), definitely well before this update.

At the time, I thought perhaps your observations were based on prior circumstances, but then just the other day someone posted an image of your current level, and you had the in-game question mark avatar, so they can't see you still. So then I thought it was because of these server issues, maybe messing up whether you and that person were seen as friends by the system.

Just now though, I was in my second game, looking at the trains in my first game, and your avatars were there for this "stranger" account to see. I'm not sure how or why, but something is different, though I'm not sure whether it has to do with the servers. (For a long time my second game saw my first game as having a generic male Facebook avatar, and it took many days before my little girl showed up, but still it fixed itself before this update.)

I doubt there's any actual significance, but I know that, like me, you like to keep track of stuff, so I thought you'd find this tidbit interesting.
    Last edited by SuzyD; 12-06-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Hmmmmm

That is very strange. You are the first not on Google to report seeing my kitty. I don't understand how things work anymore LOL