Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender Of Baby Zoo Animals

Gender Of Baby Zoo Animals

Does anyone else have trouble figuring out what gender the baby zoo animals are? I originally thought that the one under the father was the boy and the one under the mother was the girl in the book. But on closer inspection it didn't seem to work for all of them. Anyway I hope I've named my babies correctly and none of them will be embarrassed by the name I've given them.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble figuring out what gender the baby zoo animals are? I originally thought that the one under the father was the boy and the one under the mother was the girl in the book. But on closer inspection it didn't seem to work for all of them. Anyway I hope I've named my babies correctly and none of them will be embarrassed by the name I've given them.
    NEW/SOME CLARIFICATION ON THE WORD US: After rereading my post and noticing how I referenced the word "us" -- thought I needed to clarify that. I don't love y'all that much (lol)

Katville, I am with you on this. I usually look at their "eyes," so if they kind of have "girlie looking eyes," they are given a girl name. Another thing I did, after all there are a LOT to name, if they were foxes, all their names started with the letter F, and so on. The only animal group that I did not apply this to were the Lions, I named them all after us (lol) (i.e. My Family). My husband liked being the "king" of the jungle, as he states, "at least he is "king" somewhere" (lol)
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 01-23-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Clarification on "us" not you guys, us guys/Added Phrase/New Sentence
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

I thought the first baby was the boy (big brother) and the 2nd was the girl. I named them accord. to that and didn't pay much attention to who is where in the book, although I remember I had one picture where I wasn't even sure about the parents!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    although I remember I had one picture where I wasn't even sure about the parents!
    LOL, DD, first laugh of the day for me, thanks
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. I look at the eyes too. Figured out the penguins that way. Not completely sure on the hippos, went with color on them. I also use the first letter of species as my naming reference.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

I thought the same thing. Then I noticed that the suggested names were of the other sex. So now I see what names come up and I make up my own names based on whether the suggested names are male or female (granted, some can be used for both!)
    Dane Deluxe Co-op Leader
    CT, USA
    Way too addicted!

I just make crazy names for them and ride with that. For a while the eyes helped determined the gender but the crocodiles threw me so it's Belt Wallet Shoe and Purse for that family.
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    I just make crazy names for them and ride with that. For a while the eyes helped determined the gender but the crocodiles threw me so it's Belt Wallet Shoe and Purse for that family.
    Oh, I love that! My Ostriches are named after different kinds of cooked eggs!
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

No one can beat me when it comes to the strategy to name the zoo animals!!

And so on... You get the idea

Dread, I wish I would have thought of that! Very Good