Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Penalty for Dumping Regatta Tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by rosedaughter View Post
    Thank you, this helps. I kept hearing about dumping but I'm not able to dump any tasks on my board. And now I realize that's a job for our leader, who isn't active anymore. I think on Monday I'll start looking for a new Co-OP group.
    Coop members ranked elder and above (eg. Elder, co leader, leader) have dumping or should I say 'discarding' privileges. Only regular members can't discard tasks. Co leaders can promote regular members to be elders or co leaders. However if your coop is comprised of only one (sleeping) leader and all the rest are just regular members, then yes, you are stuck. I would leave said coop.

Is there the possibility of resuming a task dumped by mistake while completing ? I happened to do that in this regatta, and didn't want to. My co-op is in first position, and without that task we won't be able to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graceland View Post
    Is there the possibility of resuming a task dumped by mistake while completing ? I happened to do that in this regatta, and didn't want to. My co-op is in first position, and without that task we won't be able to maintain it.
    Sorry there is no way. Done that myself.

Dumping Tasks

what happens when you dump a task?
    Co-op Name: MYRTLEBAY
    Co-op Tag: #MYRZK2

ADD ME AS A FRIEND FKZ95M

There are two types of "dumping".

1st: When you start a task, and can't/don't want to finish. This affects the total number of tasks you can do per regatta. For example, if you're in the Golden League (15+1 tasks), and you dump a task after you started it, it means that you can't do the maximum amount of tasks anymore, so you lose that task, you'll be able to do only 14+1 tasks, or 13+1 if you dump 2, and so on.

2nd: Leaders, Co-Leaders and Elders can dump tasks without starting them, and there's no limit of how many tasks you can dump like this, and it doesn't affect the total number of tasks they can do. This affects your total co-op score if you are in the Leaderboard (top 200 co-ops). This is usually done to clear low-point tasks, tasks that take too long, etc.

Thanks! Very helpful.
    Co-op Name: MYRTLEBAY
    Co-op Tag: #MYRZK2

ADD ME AS A FRIEND FKZ95M

Now I know. Thanks!
    Be a leader. Be a friend. Be of service.

Town Name : Highgarden
    Town Level : 40
    Platform : Android 6.0.1
    Code : JXTSF4

Since September 2, 2017 and counting...

Dumping tasks?

I'm not sure where to bring this up either. I woke up this morning (well, maybe closer to noon) and I saw my regatta task time had turned red. In my sleepy haze I thought I had missed the time mark and I dumped the task. Later I realized I had 12 more hours to complete that task. It was red because there was less than 12 hours in the regatta. I wasn't the only one that made that mistake today. I wish a different color was used for a warning and red was only used if the task was dead. Like blinking orange if time is low and red when time runs out.
    Last edited by Gail Balzer; 09-17-2017 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Balzer View Post
    I'm not sure where to bring this up either. I woke up this morning (well, maybe closer to noon) and I saw my regatta task time had turned red. In my sleepy haze I thought I had missed the time mark and I dumped the task. Later I realized I had 12 more hours to complete that task. It was red because there was less than 12 hours in the regatta. I wasn't the only one that made that mistake today. I wish a different color was used for a warning and red was only used if the task was dead. Like blinking orange if time is low and red when time runs out.
    Sorry that happen to you, but a hint for future reference: if you ran out of time for a task because you overslept (that happened to me this regatta..) you won't even have the option to dump the task. It just says failed or something similar, there will be no timer attached to it. So if you see timer/option to dump it means that it's still active and you can finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Balzer View Post
    Hi Gail

As long as you have access to the task, you can keep working at it. If you had failed the task for lack of time, it would be closed and marked failed.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix