Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tips For New Players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best Tips For New Players

Hi all. While we wait for the December update I thought veteran players could offer their ONE best tip for new players. If you have more than one, please list as separate posts for ease in finding each single tip and ease of reading.

Here is mine:

Only start construction of ONE new Community Building at a time!

Why? Your building materials algorithm will be thrown out of whack and you won't get what you need, when you want it, leading to severe frustration.

Remember, one CB at a time for happier gaming!
    Last edited by Amoria; 11-06-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Ralph0989
    I know everyone wants their town to look pretty, but don't get caught up in the decorations too early... Build up your coins and barn space at the beginning...
    Last edited by Ralph0989; 11-24-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Itswtvr
    Never sell any barn tools. It may seem like a temporary solution in the early stages but leaves lasting effects. If you need to make room in barn, sell off anything else except that
    Last edited by Itswtvr; 11-24-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    Never sell any barn tools. It may seem like a temporary solution in the early stages but leaves lasting effects. If you need to make room in barn, sell off anything else except that
    Sorry to disagree Erica Here is my tip :

Keep only the necessary tools for the next barn upgrade

Barn tools are the same as Community buildings tools. They may get way off if you keep all of them. Never keep more then 5 to 10 over the next quantity. If you need 20 of each for your next upgrade, sell any tool over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Sorry to disagree Erica Here is my tip :

Keep only the necessary tools for the next barn upgrade

Barn tools are the same as Community buildings tools. They may get way off if you keep all of them. Never keep more then 5 to 10 over the next quantity. If you need 20 of each for your next upgrade, sell any tool over 30.
    Sorry GrayLady, I agree with ITSWTVR, never sell barn tools. I did as you state and by the time I reached mid player levels I had a very pathetic sized barn for the amount of tools that is being required for these last community buildings. The barn can never be big enough, but when it is too small, makes playing and juggling very difficult.
    Last edited by Bessville; 09-13-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasallee View Post
    Sorry GrayLady, I agree with ITSWTVR, never sell barn tools. I did as you state and by the time I reached mid player levels I had a very pathetic sized barn for the amount of tools that is being required for these last community buildings. The barn can never be big enough, but when it is too small, makes playing and juggling very difficult.
    Sorry, but I don't see the logic in holding on to the excess barn tools. Once I have over and above 1 or 2 types of tool needed for the next upgrade, I start selling the excess while accumulating the much needed third tool required in order to complete the upgrade. Holding on to the excess only increases the disparity between tools and takes up valuable barn space, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Itswtvr View Post
    I know you posted this long time ago, but what lasting effects if we sell off excess barn tools ?
    Anyone knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    I know you posted this long time ago, but what lasting effects if we sell off excess barn tools ?
    Anyone knows ?
    Hi Stormrider

For me it was keeping everything that turn into a nightmare. At one point I end up with 10 levels of hammers and not a single nail. Since then I never keep more then 10 of each tools over the necessary amount for the next level. I sell as soon as I go above that. The result : I upgrade my barn regularly. My barn is at 4410 right now. Even though I need 92 of each tool, I never sell more then 20 before I get the third tool and upgrade my barn.

Interesting about the residents/townpeople is: They love all the streets and pavements, whereas they couldn't care less for green, sand, and the brown ground. Meaning: If you want to have lots of people, make lots of roads and pavements, because the people don't walk on grass!
    Last edited by Bessville; 09-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Too many houses, not enough land!

Many veteran players still struggle with this. As you progress, and larger housing becomes available, build only what you need to meet your population requirements/goals. Once housing is available you can build at any time as land is expanded. No need to crowd and pile up housing unnecessarily. More housing and population is offered than you will truly ever need to meet achievements and to progress in the game.

What if you have already over-built your housing? You can sell it for half price, it returns to inventory and can be built again later if you need it. You will lose the population attached to it, so carefully calculate if this will work for you. It is always best not to over build in the beginning, but there are solutions if you do.
    Last edited by Nana; 11-24-2015 at 02:40 PM.