Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck Colors

oh, a little excursus, thank you, Charlie!
    I understand now, depending on mood, of course! we were never told that at school, they pretended to teach us according to some obscure rules.
    yes, difference and difficulty, a couple and a pair are usually the same for us, i.e. simply two. But I haven't heard the expression committed relationship in this context yet - is it for different combinations than man + woman, or what? and is it fitting for ducks? *G*

Now, if I just knew something about a flock of ducks....!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Ah, English We tend to mix up the words depending on circumstances and mood.

1 Duck = Solo Duck

2 Ducks = A Pair of Ducks

3 or More Ducks = A Couple of Ducks, A Few Ducks, Some Ducks. And don't get me started on a Flock of Ducks

Of course, if the two ducks are in a committed relationship, then they are a Couple
    LOL cdosr!

But it is similar in German, where a "pair" can be be two ducks as well as a few, or a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Now, if I just knew something about a flock of ducks....!
    That's a "Entenschar"
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 281 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 200

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    But it is similar in German, where a "pair" can be be two ducks as well as a few, or a couple of them.
    CAN much less than in English: ein Paar (for pair OR couple, with capital letter at start) is always two, only ein paar are a few. Don't think that changed with the neue Rechtschreibung? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    That's a "Entenschar" .
    wirst Du wohl...! das wollte/sollte ER doch beantworten!

CAN much less than in English: ein Paar (for pair OR couple, with capital letter at start) is always two, only ein paar are a few. Don't think that changed with the neue Rechtschreibung? ;-)
    No, hasn't. A "Pair" is two of a kind of whichever, whereas a "pair" is an uncertain quantity of them.

wirst Du wohl...! das wollte/sollte ER doch beantworten!
    Oops, sorry. Lol
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 281 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 200

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ... I just had a case where all three ducks were "green headed" yet the "feeding ducks" showed only 1 green and 2 blue. So, with this new information, all you can say is that the feeding ducks head color only shows what kind is inside the feeder, not how many of each type. And, while the "sleeping ducks" always show blue heads, the "harvest bar" says what kind of feathers are inside but again, not the quantity of each. I just you just have to tap on the feeder to be sure in either case.
    OK, last time I'm spending any energy on this whole "Duck Head Colo(u)r" issue. The external animations of ducks feeding and/or sleeping is totally unrelated to what kind of ducks are inside. It's a fixed animation and not modified by any data about what ducks / feathers are found inside the feeder.

Here's two screenshots, one showing two blue headed ducks feeding outside and the 1 green headed and 1 blue headed duck inside. From this and the other posts on this subject, I conclude that you can't rely on the external view of the feeder to tell you anything. Currently, it is assumed that the number of ducks in the animation represents the number of ducks inside the feeder and all experiments so far indicate that is true but I no longer trust it to be anything other than a pretty animation of some ducks.

Screenshot_2017-06-28-14-26-10-1.jpgScreenshot_2017-06-28-14-26-17-1.jpg

That's it, I'm done, I no longer care

You've done a lot more for clarification than Playrix, thanks, Charlie! you're allowed now to look somewhere else
    Again it seems we're back at the original wish, lol, to keep it 'uniform'.

You've done a lot more for clarification than Playrix, thanks, Charlie! you're allowed now to look somewhere else
    Again it seems we're back at the original wish, lol, to keep it 'uniform'.
    Please don't say "Ducks" and "Uniform" in the same sentence, Playrix might give us this

images9O03VLMN.jpg

ROFLLL! where are these from?! hey, I am not sure yet - I could like them! at least they have yellow heads...!

and someone must give me a different translation for "einheitlich", of course!