Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Colors

Duck Colors

So, most of the time I will feed my ducks, and then I'll look from the aerial view and look at how many ducks I have received and their head colors. Also, most of the time, they are all blue headed. But when I click on the feeder, there are green ducks there. I just think, they should decide if they are going to show the color of the ducks from the aerial view or not. Just stick with one, please.

hi,
    what is the "aerial view" from which you can see the duck heads, even their colo(u)r, pls? It's not the heli map; so how do I get there?

BTW, whatever it is: I would have assumed in an overview kind of thing, they simply show the more common / standard colo(u)r, which is blue, w/o really checking inside. But when you say "most of the time, they are all blue headed" it means "not always", so sometimes they do show green in the 'aerial view'?

Ah, I see what they're talking about. In the screenshot below, the right feeder shows 4 feeding ducks, one clearly has a green head, the others are blue. This is what is inside as well. The feeder on the left shows 3 sleeping ducks, all with blue heads yet inside two are green headed. Also the floating bar show that there are colorful feathers to collect, confirming that there are green ducks inside.

So, feeding ducks accurately show what's inside, sleeping ducks do not.

Screenshot_2017-06-17-05-45-21-1.jpg

GOOD grief - I CLICK on everything, but obviously don't watch properly. Many thanks, Charlie, for the explanations and the screenshot! I hadn't noticed the ducks there at all and wouldn't have known where to look. I always look inside, and my ducks are sleeping most of the time.

Now my observation is the same as yours: "feeding ducks accurately show what's inside, sleeping ducks do not." - strange, this difference. Maybe two different Dev persons? lol

Now watch them eat, it's so cute.
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

Only that it's exactly the other way around, as your screenshot shows: The sleeping ducks show you what's inside, the one's that are still eating dont.
    And for a good reason: Like with the other factories, we are shown what's ready to be collected, not what is being made at the moment.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 276 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 189

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Only that it's exactly the other way around, as your screenshot shows: The sleeping ducks show you what's inside, the one's that are still eating dont.
    And for a good reason: Like with the other factories, we are shown what's ready to be collected, not what is being made at the moment.
    Well, I suppose you could say that if you include the "ready to harvest" bar as part of the "sleeping ducks" since it does show there's both kinds of feathers to collect. And the "feeding ducks" say what is being produced as, again technically, there are no feathers to be collected yet, they're still "being produced".

However, the original poster was talking about the color of the duck's heads in this view and to be totally accurate, some of the "sleeping ducks" should have green heads as they obviously were green headed to produce the colorful feather that's ready to be collected. They shouldn't have "changed color" between the "feeding" and "sleeping" graphics.

Not something to lose sleep over though

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Ah, I see what they're talking about. In the screenshot below, the right feeder shows 4 feeding ducks, one clearly has a green head, the others are blue. This is what is inside as well. The feeder on the left shows 3 sleeping ducks, all with blue heads yet inside two are green headed. Also the floating bar show that there are colorful feathers to collect, confirming that there are green ducks inside.

I may have been too generous with the word "accurately". I just had a case where all three ducks were "green headed" yet the "feeding ducks" showed only 1 green and 2 blue. So, with this new information, all you can say is that the feeding ducks head color only shows what kind is inside the feeder, not how many of each type. And, while the "sleeping ducks" always show blue heads, the "harvest bar" says what kind of feathers are inside but again, not the quantity of each. I just you just have to tap on the feeder to be sure in either case.
    Last edited by cdosr; 06-22-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Thanks for the update, Charlie! even more confusing now, what one would have to keep in mind, but I can confirm, as I have a couple blue+green (2 - a pair?) in both my feeders atm and it shows 2 x 2 blue ones outside.

well, maybe Playrix fulfilled the wish of the OP meanwhile, to stick with one / a unified display.

Silent, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ... as I have a couple blue+green (2 - a pair?) in both my feeders ...
    Ah, English We tend to mix up the words depending on circumstances and mood.

1 Duck = Solo Duck

2 Ducks = A Pair of Ducks

3 or More Ducks = A Couple of Ducks, A Few Ducks, Some Ducks. And don't get me started on a Flock of Ducks

Of course, if the two ducks are in a committed relationship, then they are a Couple