Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying The Number Of Items In The Barn On Market Items

Displaying The Number Of Items In The Barn On Market Items

When I visit the market, I often see items where I think "That's a must-have" but I'm not sure if or how many of it I have already in my barn. So I'd like to see how many of each I own underneath the offer of how many I can purchase on the market. That would make the decision whether to buy something or not much easier and quicker since I do not need to switch back and forth between market and inventory to compare the two.
    Not directly related but similarly helpful would be to display the number of stored items compared to the size of the barn constantly somewhere on the screen and not just while something is being bought or collected.

The market with included inventory could look like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the picture and your ideas!

Thanks!

Nice and helpful idea and one to which the Dev's didn't react yet (yes, it's been suggested before). I can think of two reasons:

One is that "easier / faster for us" is almost a counter-argument to what I think how "they" want us to play this game. Strategy and time management, different production times and all that: they want us to stay in the game and give us something to do for that, or want that we at least come back often. Not that the game is fast and easy, lol.

The other is that we have items also on the shelves, or in production in factories or on the fields. And I'd be willing to bet that - as soon as we'd get a barn-contents-display - the next demand would be to include "my" other items, too, cos of course! I need to know ALL of them for the Market decision, right?!
    don't get me wrong: I'd love to see "at least" the barn numbers, but could imagine some reluctance there, alone from reading the forum here for some months.

And it might also be that it's on their to-do-list, of course, but I won't hold my breath.

They do show us # in the barn when we are making products - so it's not without precedent

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    They do show us # in the barn when we are making products -
    Pardon? don't recognize what you are talking about.

(pls, whisper -- if it's something supportive for showing things across-game, they might take it out, if they are reminded of how they did such things in the beginning...)

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    WHen you're in the factory, and tap and hold a product, it shows what you need to make it as as well as how many you have in the barn.
    I see, yes never said they couldn't do it, technically, lol; but that's the other way round as in the barn, related to a single item, so that's much easier. In the barn it would have to be the other way round, related to many items - and possibly needs to be refreshed quite quickly, see the ice cream cones in Phyllo's example.
    In any case I stand by my assumption that the next wish would be just a minute away, and well, maybe it is nonetheless in their plans.

I have wanted this for sooooo long. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Nice and helpful idea and one to which the Dev's didn't react yet (yes, it's been suggested before). I can think of two reasons:

One is that "easier / faster for us" is almost a counter-argument to what I think how "they" want us to play this game. Strategy and time management, different production times and all that: they want us to stay in the game and give us something to do for that, or want that we at least come back often. Not that the game is fast and easy, lol.

The other is that we have items also on the shelves, or in production in factories or on the fields. And I'd be willing to bet that - as soon as we'd get a barn-contents-display - the next demand would be to include "my" other items, too, cos of course! I need to know ALL of them for the Market decision, right?!
    don't get me wrong: I'd love to see "at least" the barn numbers, but could imagine some reluctance there, alone from reading the forum here for some months.

And it might also be that it's on their to-do-list, of course, but I won't hold my breath.
    Thanks for your comment. I can imagine that they think we would spend less time in the game if we'd have such things that make the game a bit easier to use. I think the opposite is the case, we'd spend even more time on it, just differently, doing productive things instead of swapping back and forth between barn and market.

Regarding the other question, that is what settings were invented for in my view. You can give people an option in the settings that says

"Show number of items in
    - barn
    - barn and on shelves
    - barn, on shelves and in production"

And everybody is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllo View Post
    Regarding the other question, that is what settings were invented for in my view. You can give people an option in the settings that says

"Show number of items in
    - barn
    - barn and on shelves
    - barn, on shelves and in production"

And everybody is happy.
    LOL - no, that suggestion was not my intention. F.e. as this requires that these options would be programmed first. And here I'd really be/become hesitant whether I'd see the effort justified for a little bit of comfort for the player. Esp. as the Devs have to look after ironing out bugs (at least I hope they do, instead of ONLY inventing shiny new things). It's not as if we have to walk on foot to our barn, and it has its advantages to know where my factories are and what they produce.

BTW, re. your last sentence in your post - signature? - it could be related to different OS that can not play together. Somewhere in the New to Township subforum is a thread with a listing who can play with whom. The 'incompatible ones' will not find any towns with a code or the wrong ones.