Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

What Book Are You Currently Reading?

I always end up reading like 3 books at a time because my attention span is so poor (sad laugh).

Right now, it's American Gods (wanted to get a sense of the story before watching the show), Lockdown America: Police and Prisons in the Age of Crisis (for one of my classes), and The Fire Next Time (always wanted to get into Baldwin). I've also been trying to catch up with the Black Panther and Poe Dameron comics.

What book(s) are you going through? Or if you have general recs, I'd love to hear them as well!
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Right now I'm reading the North and South trilogy. I'm amazed at just how current it is with the political situation in the US right now.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

"The Portrait Of A Lady" by Henry James.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

" A Room with a View "by E.M. Forster
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

Kill the Messenger by Tami Hoag
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

We are never meeting in real life
    Samantha Irby
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Thanks for a great thread topic, Amoria! I have really bad eyesight, so I don't read books anymore, but cannot listen to enough audiobooks. Currently, I'm listening to a series of Carl Hiaasen books. He is hilarious!
    The one I'm currently listening to is "Double Whammy." I started listening to audiobooks when I spent a lot of hours driving across country (probably has a lot to do with my bad eyesight. ) I made sure to listen to all the classics, and did it, FREE!
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

"Ready Player One"
    via You Tube for free!!
    Kinda sucked me in...great book & great reader! Steven Spielberg is directimg thre movie to be released next year! Can't wait!

I'm starting the Dark Tower (Gunslinger) for the first time. Only coincidence that there will be a TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I'm starting the Dark Tower (Gunslinger) for the first time. Only coincidence that there will be a TV series
    I've read the complete Dark Tower series a couple of years ago. I'm rereading the series this summer.

Also looking very much forward to the Dark Tower movie this summer. Many people have trouble with the transition from any book to film, because they are such different media. I think they solved a lot of that quite smartly by making the movie a sequel to the books. I won't explain how they did it, because of spoilers. But take it from me that I think it's going to be awesome.

I'm intrigued by the choice to pick Idris Elba to play the part of Roland. I saw the trailer in May and it worked for me. I read the first books of the series and Roland was all "Clint Eastwood" again. Saw the trailer again just now, and Roland's Idris once more.

Immersion is not a matter of sticking to an interpretation and not letting go. It's a matter of listening to the storyteller and moving along with them on the journey to wherever.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE