Thread: Mystery Friend

Mystery Friend

I'm having trouble figuring out who a mystery friend is. I keep getting balloon gifts from someone called Whistler who has an avatar of that hardhat brunette lady from the game. But there is no one called Whistler in my friends list, no one with a town called Whistler in my friends list and none of my friends have that character as their avatar.
    Any idea how I can solve this? I would like to start sending gifts back to this kind lady!

Quote Originally Posted by 17mars View Post
    I'm having trouble figuring out who a mystery friend is. I keep getting balloon gifts from someone called Whistler who has an avatar of that hardhat brunette lady from the game. But there is no one called Whistler in my friends list, no one with a town called Whistler in my friends list and none of my friends have that character as their avatar.
    Any idea how I can solve this? I would like to start sending gifts back to this kind lady!
    Hi 17mars

A while back I encountered the same situation. In my case, it was more than one person sending me gifts. I suspect the random gift givers were somehow floating around in Playrix's system, the gifts did eventually stop on their own. To my knowledge there is nothing you can do but wait it out. Maybe in time they will show up in your friends list, whereby you can send them a friend invite.
    ---------------------------------
    Town; Leilani-Eventide
    Game Code; 8WFRFT
    Co-Op: Kakariko
    Co-Op Tag:KK36PN
    Platform: iOS
    Town Lv: 130

This is a brilliant mystery!

I have someone who can send me gifts but I can't send her gifts. She's not on my friends list but on my pending list. I wondered if some server issue meant that she has actually accepted my friend request but it didn't show up on my list, maybe I filled my 50 at the same time that she clicked accept?, Just guessing...

...but if I'm right something similar could have happened to you? Maybe an old friend request that you can't remember anymore that you thought hadn't been accepted so removed from the pending list?

And then the reason you don't know her is that she has two towns. One town is on your friend list and you help it regularly, but when all her gifts from that town are used up she sends you a gift from her Whistler account.

?????? Well, it's just a wildcard theory, but not impossible?

Ive got a mystery friend too! Buenos Dias! I get balloons sent to me and even received a valentine gift, but they are not on my friends list, nor on my pending list so i have no way of thanking them!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

I have loads like this now, due to disappearing Google friends. Some, I managed to add to my pending tab, but as I'm still on their friends list, they can send me gifts. This is something that Google was never able to resolve.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Glad to know I wasn't alone on this. I finally was able to solve it when she helped me fill a train car. I went into recent helpers and sent her a friend request. Now I'm able to gift back. Such an odd thing!