Thread: Regatta default s/b " not racing"

Regatta default s/b " not racing"

Could we not have " not racing" as default, so that we have to choose to be in regatta. We have ppl who are not always available but are classed as racing, therefore we are up against teams who are stronger. I don't want to kick members who help, but don't/can't participate.
    I don't know coding so well, but this could be implemented fairly easily, yes?
    Pls🙏

hi,

if the "s/b" in your thread title means "should be", then I'd say: no, it shouldn't.
    In general, new players - and sometimes even more experienced players - often don't know about this feature (regattas, and their calculation in races, etc), the game is quite overwhelming, and it might take them ages to find out. Why should anyone suffer from the misbehaving of other players?

[edit after reply below: strikeout this paragraph, go to next ] But I think, meanwile the starting default for newcomers is "not racing"; I think it was changed. So these who are racing w/o knowing it (seems so?!) are either 'leftovers' from the introduction of regattas, or ppl who did set their status to 'racing' at some point. [end strike-out]

There's no acceptable reason for "don't/can't opt out", IOW, not changing their status when they can't or don't want to race. (Unless the Coop agreements allow it, but that is obviously not the case here)
    As you ask for a choice "in each regatta" in your other post for this subject, I'd think we have that already. Your Coop members must just decide and SET it.
    And just in case you meant this: There have been quite some valid concerns against the idea that the system resets our status to "not racing" each week! In the time to change it, not everyone might be available in the game, so a change is usually done in advance, during the current race. And that would be overwritten then by an automatism on Mondays.

I don't want to kick members who help, but don't/can't participate.
    Well... if they "don't/can't" participate, then they should opt OUT (maybe not enough communication in the Coop...).
    Once set by the player, it will stay that way, so all will be OK, once they have chosen to deal with the feature.

If you are the leader and feel some players are hindering the team by this behaviour - kick them.
    Of course, before that, talk to them in the Chat, make the rules and expectations in the Coop clear. You also have a messaging system in the Coop chat for that and you can overwrite the default kick out message, even with a re-invite.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-04-2017 at 01:20 PM. Reason: adjusted accord. to bad memory :)

I've played only 100 days. Racing is definitely the default when I joined a co-op.

OK, thanks, Bigfoot! Then I believe the change I remembered had to do with not setting everyone to racing each Monday.

It took me a few weeks to understand. My first co-op is wasnt too educational so I was very confused how the regatta worked lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    It took me a few weeks to understand. My first co-op is wasnt too educational so I was very confused how the regatta worked lol
    lol, I am not surprised. And maybe in your first Coop they weren't too sure about everything either. Both features are quite new. Here in the forum we also keep seeing questions, how it's calculated, how they are grouped, influence of one race on the Leaderboard, and whatnot.

In case you haven't noticed in the game or seen the link in our Mods' signatures:
    There's a quite good Help function in the game, and of course, the Township Wiki - excellent stuff:
    http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Township_Wiki

Happy gaming!

Kicking someone isn't so bad, especially if they haven't followed your rules. You can always invite them back, and even if not, there are other co-ops to join. Think about it this way - if they aren't racing, they aren't helping. Even if they fill requests, they are being unfair to the other members who do race.

I started a 1 task a week rule and kicked about 7 people who didn't chat and didn't race. A few of them joined co-ops that speak different languages (that may have been the problem to begin with) and a few are just inactive.

Getting kicked from a co-op, especially one you never talked to to begin with, is not the end of the world

Why is it that I can't join my race in my co-op mid race but some random person can join our co-op towards the end of the race and count in the race ?

It always happens when they join a day before the race is over it's happened twice now and it's counted against us I feel like there's two people know that it will affect us in the rankings of the gold week and that's why they did it like they're cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Cournede View Post
    It always happens when they join a day before the race is over it's happened twice now and it's counted against us I feel like there's two people know that it will affect us in the rankings of the gold week and that's why they did it like they're cheating
    Hi Heidi

You have to report this from within the game. The devs will have to investigate what is going on. Anybody can join a co-op during a race but they should be marked as non-racing and have no effect on the race results. If they join and are marked as racing, take a screenshot of your co-op listing (the part showing them) and another screenshot of the stats page showing them. Send those screenshots with your report.