Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Event: Strategies

Restaurant Event: Strategies

The other restaurant thread is getting pretty big, so with mods' blessing I am making a strategy only discussion zone!

This is for help with the restaurant game itself. Please discuss all other aspects of the event (praise, complaints, decorations, etc.) HERE.

I'll start by consolidating some stuff from the other thread. If anyone who does play these games wants to chime in, please do! I am desperate for an edge in my competition group.

How to tell ingredients apart:
    The cheese is a lighter yellow and appears in a neat square. The mustard is a golden yellow and appears as a messy squiggle. The ketchup/tomatoes are very close in color, but the first has rounded edges and the second is again a messy squiggle.

Working more off shape than color has been helpful for me on my phone. You can also look at placement...cheese is usually directly underneath or above meats, condiments are usually the top-most ingredient, etc.
    -Amoria

Advice on Upgrading
    Honor, I'd say reduce the waiting time first, then upgrade the points you get, cos with them you 'buy' that stuff. Then I'll probably go for more material, and the time for the Coke, as customers don't leave when unhappy (i.e. happyness not so important). will see
    - _DD_ More on that here.

Watch Out For the T-Cash Button - It looks almost identical to the refill button, and pressing it accidentally can get expensive
    Last edited by Amoria; 06-03-2017 at 11:11 AM.

OK, I'll start. My biggest tip is... it gets easier and faster.

After a few games, you accumulate enough coupons to shorten the waiting time. Coupons will start to come in faster and faster, especially when you upgrade the points per order. You also start to get a rhythm going with the game itself. I promise!

Think of it like a train that comes each hour. You fill it with products, go "mining" in the restaurant, then use the coupons to upgrade.

It's even easier than a train though. You know that each order will include one event item, and the rest are mainly food.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    It's even easier than a train though. You know that each order will include one event item, and the rest are mainly food.
    Not sure about "each order" here, it sounds a bit unclear -- you mean the event item is in the request from the chefs to access the two restaurants, right? cos inside the restaurants, the orders are all done with inside products -- nothing I have to produce in my town 'outside', like the cookbook. OTOH, the meat, sauces, fish, these are ALL event (only) items...

oh, and here is a confirmation re. how to use the points for upgrading:

Quote Originally Posted by Hays_Township View Post
    I'm enjoying it too! A diversion from normal town-ing. I used my points to shorten the wait.

Actually I'm posting to mention these two hints, in case you didn't notice yourself. Because:
    You get 1 to 3 stars at the end of each order session, which are transferred to points and coupons and hats and whatnot. Not trying to state the obvious, but (no description ingame and) I assume the amount of stars is related to customer satisfaction (if any is left <g> ) and to your speed in serving things.
    So although a level doesn't "end" when you are slow and your customers don't leave when unhappy, your results are higher when you're fast.

1. As is mentioned in the game hints already, you can and should prepare the drinks; no disadvantage in having them standing there, on the contrary.
      The same, though, goes for the grilled/cooked food. OK, I didn't wait endlessly, but you can prepare one of the three foods, in the 2nd tray (not using both for guesses!) whenever it is free - and in fact without them going bad after some time, which usually is a popular obstacle in (restaurant) dash games.
      As there are only two trays, you might be wrong when guessing, but go for it when the next customer shows his order at the latest.
      X
    2. Note that the order of putting the ingredients in the plate doesn't matter. To be faster, you can put all extras in, including the sauces, while the meat/fish is still being cooked/grilled. -- Sensible use of the waiting time

What I really like are two little help functions in the process:
    One is, when you put a wrong ingredient in a plate, it shows you the way to the waste bin right away. No waiting till you finally get it.
    The other is that it also shows you the 'good' result with a green checkmark next to the finished product => like, ready, hand it over! LOL
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-04-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Oops yes, order is a confusing word to use in this context. I mean the town products required to unlock the playing rounds. On the other thread there were complaints about not getting a preview, but there are limits that help you prepare. I've done a lot of rounds now (thanks for the upgrading tips!), and I can pretty confidently say that each round will require

* Event Item - One of either Hat, Tablecloth, or Cookbook (EDIT: As pointed out by Veganville, this is not always the case)
    * A food crop, island product, or edible factory item (including animal products)
    * Another food crop, island product, or edible factory item

For factory stuff, I have seen almost every food product that takes an hour or less to make (without upgrades). So I just stock up on bread, cookies, bagels, muffins, cupcakes, sugar cubes, syrup, cheese, cream, ice cream, granola, and popcorn. It usually asks for 1-5 each.

Animal Products - 10-15 eggs or milk, less of bacon (can't remember the numbers or if I have needed honey)

Island - 1-3 of any of them

Crops - Every edible crop is in play. 20-30 for corn, carrots and wheat, longer crops are more like 7-12.

The crop booster is a life-saver here. I definitely recommend it.

Since there are never any non-food stuffs (besides event items), and things that take too long to make, you get at least a hint of what you will need, so kind of inbetween an airplane and a train for difficulty.

** I am level 57, so the highest crop I can grow is rice, I have only built up to Mexican Restaurant, and I do not have Fish Island. YMMV
    Last edited by Honor; 06-11-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Your advice has steered me well! The one thing I would say is to skip the soda/juice upgrades. Based on my experience, customers rarely want them, and almost never two at a time. As long as I keep a full one ready I've never had a problem. But you weren't to know that so early in the game.

And yes, I always try to keep the grill full. Once I take something off, I look to other orders for what to put on before I work on the toppings. And, when there is a break, I grill up things that have only one left in the tray so I can refill it.

I cannot tell if there is a point penalty for discarding food or handing a customer the wrong order. I definitely get fewer points in those rounds, but that could be because I am just slower at that point. Have you noticed anything like that?

Oops yes, order is a confusing word to use in this context. I mean the town products required to unlock the playing rounds. On the other thread there were complaints about not getting a preview, but there are limits that help you prepare.
    Among us fighters: Excellent summaries you've put together here Yes, for the food crop with the bigger amounts they have at least chosen the shorter ones, but not always, so that can hold one back. And indeed, w/o the double crop booster it would have been much less fun, and I assume in lower levels, i.e. with less fields, even more so.
    I also understand the wish for a preview, but I am not surprised there is none (and assuming that it was a decision and not an oversight by the Devs). Most often it's just the players' wish for reaching things easier + faster, because it's what we're used to from many other games. And as someone else mentioned in the other thread, it mainly requires a bit of adaptation of growing (which) crops (more).

I've won my "personal goals" rewards now, bought the others and had much fun with looking through my town and zoo where to put what. I love decorating.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-05-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Your advice has steered me well! The one thing I would say is to skip the soda/juice upgrades. Based on my experience, customers rarely want them, and almost never two at a time. As long as I keep a full one ready I've never had a problem. But you weren't to know that so early in the game.
    and I didn't recommend that, either. I mentioned I had upgraded "add 1 supply for meat", that's the main dish. That was after having upgraded the general waiting time heavily, and then I returned to reducing all waiting times and upgrading the points and the happiness, as mentioned above.
    I also noticed that even if the juice is asked for twice in a row, it's easily doable squeezing that in. So, bottom line is, we agree <g>.

And, when there is a break, I grill up things that have only one left in the tray so I can refill it.
    Very good idea also!

I cannot tell if there is a point penalty for discarding food or handing a customer the wrong order. I definitely get fewer points in those rounds, but that could be because I am just slower at that point. Have you noticed anything like that?
    Sure have noticed less stars when messing up the order. But I think it's because we are slower and don't get as much done, as you said. I believe Playrix tried to keep it as simple as possible, which (doesn't mean "totally easy", but) means leaving things like penalties and customers leaving and restarting (!) a level / session because of mistakes and such out.

Besides, they would have had to write a little instruction thingy for this, and also - for your wrong-order-example - make some big red minus-numbers float over the screen and seeing how they didn't have time to explain how f.e. the stars are calculated or the "transfer" of results to hats (and then to the goal steps)... more fun with reaching the goals anyway.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-05-2017 at 01:40 PM.

I find it unfair to start and end these types of missions from regattas to this restaurant mission. For the event in my country starts at dawn and ends at dawn, already in other countries, the schedules are more attractive, doing with what they have almost a full day of advantage. Very unfair of that. Each region should compete with each region. There is a lot of downside to this. Thinking of not playing for these things ... !!! This should be reviewed for upcoming events !!!

hi F Leandro Andrade,

as mentioned in the first post of this thread, this thread was meant for ...
    "for help with the restaurant game itself. Please discuss all other aspects of the event (praise, complaints, decorations, etc.) HERE."

Not sure Playrix will even read here, lol.

I don't understand your complaint or wish fully either.
    For one, the regatta is a different thing, it starts at a different "time" than events. It's a weekday, yes, but then only starts when the first player takes a task. With this setting and lasting a whole week, it's probably the best we can get in a world-wide game with many different timezones.

The Events are different and start when the date is reached on your calendar, I guess. (and they all last several days, this one lasts NINE days!)

So - what is your suggestion to make them more fair?! if you see it that way.

And with "region" you open up another can of worms. First it would have to be defined. Your country, your local region, your town?

And if you mean with "Thinking of not playing for these things ... !!!" that you plan not to play Township anymore at all, which is your choice, of course, both for the game and the events, but then frankly, I think you're just punishing yourself, no one else, and the Devs won't rethink anything for it either.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-05-2017 at 02:02 PM.

then upgrade the points you get, cos with them you 'buy' that stuff.

I do not understand this comment. Coupons buy those features and points advance you quicker through the mini game.