Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Event

I haven't seen any of the event boxes change to mining tools either. I did buy a few in the beginning, but soon figured out they were a waste of t-cash.

I wish the waiting time wasn't so long to play this event...even though I'm trying to focus on just producing a lot of the crops and goods it is asking for, I still end up having to wait a lot to get those things together. I am using the dealer for it but of course I end up having to wait for the dealer to refresh too. Meanwhile this is taking needed and sometimes scarce resources away from getting other things done.

The boredom and frustration of all this waiting time has driven me to seek out an another restaurant game where I can play continuously. Sorry to say this Playrix but if you are going to do events like this, you need to find a way to keep people more engaged. Waiting 20 minutes for another batch of sugar cane to grow, just so I can have a brief run at doing restaurant orders is not engaging. It makes me lose focus so I just want to go somewhere else. And it does not make me want to spend t-cash to speed things up either (although, unfortunately, I have clicked on it a few times by accident.) Because i the end, what is it worth to win?? If you had a first place prize of 1000 t-cash, or a big bag of gems or something equally valuable, it might be worth spending a lottle more to play. But as it is, the prizes arre really chintzy.

I was so excited when this started...the game itself, filling restaurant orders, is SO much fun...the design is great, it flows smoothly...i would love to see it as a permanent part of the game, or as a standalone game. But the playing time is too short, just when I get in a rhythm, it's over and I have to wait again...and wait and wait and wait.

Graylady: I have never seen it happen before either - that is what makes it so remarkable and why I have watched mine whenever they appear in my Market. It didn't happen just once, it has happened over and over - all in the same Market (no refresh). The change doesn't happen while I am in my Market watching - I have to exit awhile and then return. Voila - from tablecloths to pickaxes - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Hi DD: I have never noticed it happening before in prior events. Haven't set a timer for it (sorry), but it does change fairly soon if you don't purchase. I noticed it early on - was in a should I, should I not mood about buying the box. Decided, oh heck, I'll buy it - but it had already turned to mining tools! So I started watching - it changes every time for me (after I exit Market and later come back in).
    Thanks, Nana and all others who replied! how strange. Now I am wondering whether that is another IOS vs Android thing.

Good you looked closely at it again before buying it!
    And LOL @ "from tablecloths to pickaxes" - what a motto! (esp. for a restaurant <g> )

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    I'm at the bottom of the competition part and it didn't cost me anything to get there. Still get some coins for doing not much.
    Ha ha Cathy! I thought this also. All you have to do is enter the event competition and play as little as you want to get some prize. I'm not fond of the timed speed tasks like the restaurant, but am doing ok. And if you play enough to upgrade your restaurants it does get easier.

i have to agree with all the comments about the absurd items needed to reopen the restaurants. It would be so much better with the plane preview option allowing us to plan ahead.

And overall the Easter event was so much more fun! I'd much prefer another event similar to it in future.
    Last edited by Deb L; 06-09-2017 at 07:22 PM.

What I don't understand is why in first place we immediately get rewards after fulfilling all reward tasks instead of waiting til the end to receive award as in other events? If I allow second place a shot at first would they also win the first prize award?

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    What I don't understand is why in first place we immediately get rewards after fulfilling all reward tasks instead of waiting til the end to receive award as in other events? If I allow second place a shot at first would they also win the first prize award?
    Hi Alina

Not sure I understand. The event is in 2 steps. We can win all the decorations plus some T-cash and avatar. That part is independant of the group board. At the end of the event we will get more rewards according to our position on the board.

Do you mean you already receive the 30 T-cash, 3 rubies and the bee avatar for your first place? Or that you receive the 20 T-cash and duck avatar for achieving your personal goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Alina

Not sure I understand. The event is in 2 steps. We can win all the decorations plus some T-cash and avatar. That part is independant of the group board. At the end of the event we will get more rewards according to our position on the board.

Do you mean you already receive the 30 T-cash, 3 rubies and the bee avatar for your first place? Or that you receive the 20 T-cash and duck avatar for achieving your personal goal?
    The 20t and the duck. Ok It wasn't clear to me. Thank you.

Just in case anyone is looking for feedback -- only complaint really is that once you've completed the personal goals, the goals for the chests are too big. I have to get 3000 points for my next chest. That's a bit of a marathon. (My 2 restaurants each give me approx 100 points each time)

Seems a lot of effort for a little chest, and it's making the game unfun.

And I like playing it! So....
    Last edited by LifeJacket; 06-10-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb L View Post
    Ha ha Cathy! I thought this also. All you have to do is enter the event competition and play as little as you want to get some prize. I'm not fond of the timed speed tasks like the restaurant, but am doing ok. And if you play enough to upgrade your restaurants it does get easier.

i have to agree with all the comments about the absurd items needed to reopen the restaurants. It would be so much better with the plane preview option allowing us to plan ahead.

And overall the Easter event was so much more fun! I'd much prefer another event similar to it in future.
    If it follows the 'pattern' such Events appear about every 6 months. Christmas 2015 was the first kind of event in that style (I believe at least), the underwater event around June 2016, the Thanksgiving event 2016 and now the Easter event 2017 were that way. So I guess we can expect a similar one at around Halloween.

I like those kind of Events very much, especially that you're able to find soo many items

I really liked this event besides from the few problems in the beginning that others already mentioned (tomatoes & ketchup and mustard & cheese looking to similar) and I too think it's too bad, that you have to wait the 30 Minutes to find out which goods you need next. But anyways the game is a lot of fun to play and has cute looking animations!

Sadly or the last two days I get really annoyed because the game is constantly asking for lemons. Every time 2 to 3 lemons to unlock the game. Lemons do come so rarely and the boat does need 7! hours from the island. So i send my boats, wait for 7 hours and get maybe 1 lemon if I'm lucky. Even in the co-op you can only ask for 2 lemons, because they are such a rare fruit. So the first time, I had no lemons at all, there were no lemons in the market and my co-op could help me, giving me 2 of them. I then spent 12 t-cash for the missing lemon, because I didn't want the game to be blocked just because of 1 tiny lemon. Two rounds later it asked again for 2 lemons (which of course I didn't have). Had to wait over night and get again help from my co-op. Played a few rounds today and now: asking for 3 lemons AGAIN!
    I just want to hold my position in the competition. I'm in third place and don't want to lose it just one day before the event finishes. How am I supposed to do so, if the game asks for stuff I need 7, 14 or 21 hours to get? If I had spent t-cash for all of the lemons I needed, it now would already have cost me 86 t-cash. And all that for winning 20 t-cash and a little avatar? That's not worth it.
    I am okay with spending a bit of money for the game, because I know they do not develop and maintain this game for fun but for earning money to make a living, but I do not like being ripped of lots of €uros by forcing me to spend t-cash
    Last edited by GeoGräfin; 06-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.