Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Event

Quote Originally Posted by Liztropolis View Post
    Yep, I'm currently in first place with 3,800 points . 2nd and 3rd are close, the rest is waybehind.

I assume level makes a huge difference - I'm lvl 57, competing against fellow "babies". I'm sure it's a total different ballgame in the 100s.

I am in 1th place with 5,953 points, level of players in my group is 131 - 182. I am happy now, but it will change I think.

We are from level 130 to level 200. The top 3 have between 7500 and 8200 points, so nobody seem to spend any money in my group.

If you can, I would consider using the crop booster, even if only for a few days. It's making it so much easier for me.

And I think this is one situation where people might welcome a redesign to make the restaurants look more normal

I love the Alice in Wonderland idea. Maybe it is just meant to be a tiny Wonderland Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I'm in first place, sometimes second, and haven't used any t-cash. I have run all my coins down to zero though!
    This game can fairly easily won without tcash. Tcash usually comes into play when one of the top three players decides to start racing with cash creating a domino affect which is why the top three can sometimes explode numbers. It's foolish to spend so early in the game anyway, better to use cash in the last few hours or the last days, it's a waste of money to spend early.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    This game can fairly easily won without tcash. Tcash usually comes into play when one of the top three players decides to start racing with cash creating a domino affect which is why the top three can sometimes explode numbers. It's foolish to spend so early in the game anyway, better to use cash in the last few hours or the last days, it's a waste of money to spend early.
    I disagree with not spending early, at least if you are playing like me (I have spent ~100 t-cash). Upgrading the restaurant quickly is important because it rapidly increases the points you can gain each time you play & the number of times you can play (even more points). Once it is upgraded though, I agree, no cash until the end if it is close.

Also, when the wait time is decreased, so too does the t-cash cost to open early. This could be useful if it's a close race at the end. I actually spent less t-cash as time went on. Now I am just patient

But you don't need tcash to update the restaurants. We get those after each play. My burger joint is practically finished ALL upgrades without spending just playing making sure my first upgrades shortened wait time. I'm in first place at nearly 6000 points level 92.

I guess it just depends on your group and how close the scores are. 6000 points in mine would be 6th place.

You're right, you don't need tcash to upgrade the restaurant, but there's opportunity cost to upgrading only for time. While you are spending your coupons on the time upgrade, and waiting longer for rounds, you could instead be getting more points each round. Spending a bit of t-cash in the beginning allowed me to do both.

Eventually everyone will have upgraded the wait time, but those who have also upgraded the rest of the restaurant will have been able to accumulate more points each round for longer.

Just an example, if player A gets 75 points per round, and player B gets 100, after 4 rounds player A will be 100 points behind. Even if A starts to get 100 points each round, he will need to make up that 100 points in order to win.

Honestly the main reason I spent in the beginning was just that I was having so much fun (just on opening rounds early, not buying coupons). But then I started to climb the leaderboard and now I am keen to stay there.
    Last edited by Honor; 06-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Well it didn't matter. I just started with time and before you know it all the upgrades were being completed. I didn't strategize the upgrades except to shorten time and after focusing upgrades in burger place before Italian restaurant which is halfway done. I was also helped by lucky store coupons, probably found a two or three of those.

The reason why I wait to use tcash is because if your playing for 1st place or top 3, those positions are decided in the final hour, not the first few days of the game. I can have high points but if the gap isn't wide enough then you risk losing it in the end. People who spend early May also find themselves forced to spend even more a the end which can be a problem if someone can afford to outspend you. I've won that way myself on occasion. I call it "buy and blow", I buy a huge wad of cash and spend it at the end of the game but it depends on the game.
    Last edited by Alina Winterberry; 06-04-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Special Events

The following is my personal opinion. First of all I enjoy the special events we get to enjoy, including the current one; however I feel there's a big problem. Unless you spend game cash you very quickly get left behind in the competition. As a example of this I was number one when I went to bed on night one. The next morning I had dropped to number three. I managed to get back to number two by the end of day two. I'm currently in fifth place with everyone who's above me several thousand points ahead of me. Anyway it doesn't take rocket science to know that the top three positions are "paying to win". I know it pours lots of money into Playrix pockets, but for once why can't you leave game cash out of the events? Wouldn't it then be fair for everyone knowing that you only move up based on your own skill instead of "paying to win"? What's your thoughts on this?

Well I just finished the event — and while it was enjoyable enough, I don't feel compelled to try to win the competition. Right now, I'm in 1st place ... but I have several other players right on my heels. Not sure all the work it will take to stay in 1st place for the next week is worth just 30 t-cash (and I don't care about the special profile pic, since I will never use it). My only issue with the game is that I don't understand the giant cow and sheep having dinner together. Our towns are populated by humans — animals are in barns as livestock. When did the animals become characters beyond the cute personalities they have? Or is this supposed to be a statue? If not, the proportions are all wrong and the logic truly escapes me.