Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Event

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa w. View Post
    The restaurant game is very bad. Very bad for township. You must wait. And then it cost a lot to play. Waiting and paying. Thats no game. Very bad very bad indeed.
    Hi Lisa.

Just thought I'd mention that the more you play the less waiting is needed because you earn points that you can use to shorten the waiting time, upgrading just like we do with ingots at the factories, and I find that makes a big difference. You probably know that, but just in case...

Finding the right products to start playing once you've waited is more tricky. I have hired Raja the dealer, and that helps a lot! but I always have him hired so it's not a big deal for me. Without him, I expect I would find the restaurant event too troublesome.

Have you seen the personal prizes? If there's one you particularly want it's probably cheaper just to buy it straight out if you find you are paying to play the game.

I'm just going to plod along, see where I get, and play for fun. I think with the long time of the event we will be able to get those prizes! But as I don't particularly want the top ones I guess I can afford to enjoy the event in a relaxed way.

The league competition is totally not worth bothering with. I'm ignoring it.

It wouldn't be so bad if they told you what you needed for the next lot of customers when you went into a break. I waited for the break to be over to be told that I needed peppers, incredibly expensive to be bought with tcash or 5 hours to grow. Of course my market doesn't have a single pepper in it. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by salmo View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if they told you what you needed for the next lot of customers when you went into a break. I waited for the break to be over to be told that I needed peppers, incredibly expensive to be bought with tcash or 5 hours to grow. Of course my market doesn't have a single pepper in it. ☹️
    I agree, we need a shopping list to take and fill while on break. Put that hour to good use.

I agree with the money spending urges & sometimes insane costs of many items required to play as your level increases.
    About the restaurant game - do other players have issues with being able to tell difference between "ketchup" & "tomatoes" ? They look the same on my little android screen.
    And no "zooming in an area" for these "add on" games or it will crash. Maybe I am going blind playing this game, lol.

Yes, I have those issues. I throw quite a lot away. You'd be shocked at the waste!

I like the events, this one included. I find that with the monotony of the regatta, the events help invigorate the game. I think this event is asking to "nickel and dime" a player is playrix trying to assuage the complainers about spending big bucks to upgrade like the fishing event lure boxes. IMO, this tactic will likely cause more spending overall. Yes I too spent the tcash to upgrade. I purchased all 3 offers and have used over half in the past 24 hr. period. I am trying to resist the urge to spend.

As for the videos for tcash...I have never seen a single ad video since the day I made my first purchase. Does seem counter productive to me but whatever. In other games once you go a while without spending money ,the game starts back to freebies. I have waited and not made a single purchase in over 2 months and no such luck. Also, there are numerous amounts asked to purchase the offers as the game tries to decide just how much a player is willing to pay based on past expenditures. My son plays also and every offer we have different purchase prices. Mine always way more than his.

Now back to the event...I realized with the exorbitant amounts of produce to continue the game, I needed to get a booster for the produce. I used tcash to make up the gems I did not have. So I already directly spent more tcash on this event then I would win back if I could come in first place. And, at last check last evening I have less than 2000 pts. and the person in first place has well over 13000. UGH! Also, each event I display the prizes for a limited time. I cant use my town space to keep everything displayed. But, there is a certain accomplished feeling with earning each of the prizes. Guess that is the competitor in me showing up BIG TIME. I am very thankful that we have unlimited storage space.

P.S. I said I have spent over half of my tcash already but to clarify I did spend 120tcash to purchase The First Geneticist. Still bad spending on event but what can I say! HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    I like restaurant games but they get boring very quickly, which is why I'm delighted to play this limited one!

Curses on the fiend who thought up the hour delay between orders. I must resist buying the speed up, must resist, must resist.... arrggghhhh...I couldn't resist.
    .BRB
    I agree with you completely. I'm a new player, coming from a game that stopped improving. This game is similar to that one when I actually enjoyed playing.

I like that it has features from so many games, ones that I liked, and ones I didn't. They are all here for me to join in or opt out of.

As a new player, I'm still learning my way. Once I have myself established, I'll join a co op and have regatta to keep me engaged. I'm at the right level but I don't yet have the confidence.

So far I am really loving the restaurant mini game. It is fun but, over with really quickly. Maybe I'll even win.

The leader in my event competition is spending serious money. In less than an hour, they have gone up 2000 chef hats/points. I have reduced the wait time in my restaurants and reduced time for the grills but there is no way I can catch up to first place.

I liked the last event where you competed with your co-op, more of an even playing field. This event competition is just about who wants to spend the most money.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo View Post
    I just took the regatta task to place 60 orders. I'm ok with the hour wait but didn't realize each time you then have to have the right good to get the next set of customers. So I just got 5 peppers as well. The market had 4, and I had one ready, but only by chance.
    So getting the 60 orders is going to be tough. With the Easter bunny game the regatta tasks with the bunnies were really easy ones so I thought this would be the same.
    I am a single person coop so can't request goods.

Hi gator. I agree about the "competition" in or out of a co-op. There really is none - when the event started yesterday for me, one gal already had well over a 1,000 pts. She is up in the gazillions today. Pheh! I think they are Playrix robots driving us all to spend, spend, spend!

I am thrilled to see hamburger patties finally make their way into Township - about time we had something besides veggie burgers! Ha.

It's great to take a break from filling Zoo baskets and try my hand as a fast food worker. McDonald's would probably fire me though - LOL. This is a rather intensive event - demanding lots of crops.