Thread: New edit mode settings.

New edit mode settings.

Is there anyway that you could fix the edit mode for towns? I've spent two days now moving buildings in my town because anytime I have to step away from my phone for a minute or so, the game resets everything I just did before I could finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassince93 View Post
    Is there anyway that you could fix the edit mode for towns? I've spent two days now moving buildings in my town because anytime I have to step away from my phone for a minute or so, the game resets everything I just did before I could finish.
    Hello Kassince93 and what a way to enter the forum! If you are in the edit mode where you have put items in the moving area (house in a box icon), you have to empty that moving area and choose SAVE. That is the only way all of your changes will take place. Believe me, as one who has lost a complete overhaul of my town because my battery was dying and I plugged it in before saving what I was working on, do not leave your town in edit mode with items in the moving area!

Here's something I learned from that experience:

1) move only a max of two sections of your town at a time. Ex: Want to replace your factory area with your residential area, but you have to move both areas first?
    a) Put only the items you want to move into your moving area in edit mode
    b) Remove the items from the moving area into the new location in your town, placing them in no particular order until all items have been removed from the moving area and haphazardly placed into its new location
    c) Refrain from organizing/decorating at this point. You may have to remove any unwanted pavement/roading or change land formation (water to land, land to water) to be able to complete the re-positioning, but don't decorate/organize yet.
    c) Once moving area from editing tool is cleared, choose SAVE. It will be flashing red.

If you do not choose this option, everything you just changed will revert back to what is was before you started editing. HUGE frustration if huge amounts of your town were being changed; not such a huge frustration if only small sections were being changed.

Most importantly: small changes, press SAVE!

Hope this helped. I know it's made a big difference in how I move my town around. No more lost changes for me.
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android